• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kid Friendly

pattikake

Sep 17, 2007
I will be doing a show this month for a young mother and her friends. She wants me to demo something 'kid friendly'. Her son is 2 years old, and the ages of the children of the guests attending are between 2-5.

I haven't had kids in my house for YEARS! So am not sure what 'kid friendly' food I should do.

Ideas ??!

chefsteph07

Legacy Member
Jul 18, 2007
Why don't you do an ice cream party? You could have the host get nuts for chopping, strawberries and bananas for the egg slicer, make up a pan of brownies in a stone, etc. I have an outline for ice cream parties if you get me your email addy. I did these the first 3 months of my business (June-Aug) and it was a great hit!

doughmama

Advanced Member
Silver Member
Aug 10, 2008
sounds like a difficult show to me. 2 year olds are not really going to allow the host and her friends time to give you the attention you deserve, but... an ice cream party sounds fun. I would skip the nuts due to allergy issues and chop some cookies (animal crackers, or some oreos) instead. And if you are looking for a lunch idea, make a simple focaccia. Most kids love pizza. good luck.

chefcharity

Advanced Member
Oct 27, 2008
Is she wanting the kids to help or just be able to eat?

pattikake

Sep 17, 2007
The kids won't be helping .. the moms want ideas for kid-friendly meals. I want to demo one, and tell them about others.

I was thinking about the chicken nuggets recipe that is in one of our cookbooks. You basically take crushed sun chips and roll the chicken pieces in that. Other than that tho, I'm at a loss.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
Creamy one pot pasta

BLT Toss

Chicken Fajitas in the DCB

Chicken or Pork BBQ's in the DCB

The Crunchy Whole grain chicken bites is in the 29 Min. To Dinner cookbook - excellent!

or for something on the sweet/healthy side - Apple Berry Salsa!

doughmama

Advanced Member
Silver Member
Aug 10, 2008
I still would do the focaccia. Remember, it really is not about the food - even though the host thinks it is. Kids eat pizza and you'll get to show a bunch of products. Sounds like you are going to need something simple to hold their attention.

And make some chocolate milk in the quick stir pitcher.

chefsteph07

Legacy Member
Jul 18, 2007
I advertise the ice cream party as something very kid friendly, the moms can make the ice cream for them and they can socialize while the kids are eating.

Another alternative would be a calzone/pizza

catlwilles

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2006
My kids are that age and they love the Asian Noodle Skillet and most casserole type dishes like Mexican Chicken Lasagna. It''s a great way to sneak in some veggies. They also love pasta, so anything in the Deep Covered Baker like the Tortellini Toss, Penne al Fresca, etc...

Dinnertime is always crazy, so if you can put them to work helping you, it makes it go a lot more smooth. My kids love to use the Egg Slicer Plus, Quick-Stir Pitcher, Measuring Cups, and stirring everything up. They can even use the Food Chopper, with supervision!

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
There's also the Power Cooking recipes. Most of those are pretty good for kids.

It really just depends on kids. Some kids are more picky than others. My kids will eat any of our pasta recipes, chicken and rice based ones, soups, lasagnas, and mexican flavored foods. They won't eat salad based ones or ones that are predominately veggies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
Jacquelyn Scheel
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
Replies
Views