• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Kid Friendly Transportable Dessert?

In summary, the host wants to do an open house for a show tomorrow and is looking for suggestions on kid-friendly dessert recipes. The suggestions include double chocolate mousse cups, trifle with brownies and fruit pizza, taffy apple tartlets, mini fruit pies, Dirt Dessert, and a cupcake bar using mini muffin pans and various toppings. The host is going to the gym at 8am and will stop at the store for ingredients before making the dessert. A clamping lid for the Cake Pedestal is also suggested for easier and more attractive transportation.
kcmckay
Gold Member
I have a show tomorrow and the host wants to do it open house (to my dismay actually, she wanted a demo until prev host encourage open house like hers). Anyway she wants the recipe I bring prepared to be a dessert. She was asking about cute kid friendly recipes when we were discussing demos but didn't get to really discuss much.

Anyway I'm looking for suggestions on recipes. I'm considering double chocolate mousse cups but I don't know a good way to transport them. A trifle would be great but not sure what one would go over with kids. I don't really want to do peanut butter because I did chocolate peanut butter bars for party it was booked from. Any suggestions are welcome. The sooner the better. I'm going to gym at 8 then stopping at store after for ingredients and making before I leave. Show is at 3pm as well.

S'more cups!

You could do the trifle with brownies, chocolate pudding, caramel sauce and skor bars. My son LOVES that one. Or maybe fruit pizza. Most kids I know love fruit.

Taffy Apple Pizza would be a good one.

S'more cups (oh SO yummy) or Taffy apple tartlets

I like the Smore's cups but not once they sit. The marshmallow gets yucky in my opinion.

transport in the cool'n serve w/out the inserts, works great for desserts! I vote taffy apple tartlets or s'mores cups

those are good. I don't have a cool n serve so that's not an option. The Taffy Apple tarlets always go over well. Maybe I haven't made up my mind so suggestions are still welcome

Do you have a Cut-N-Seal? Make mini fruit pies, using refrigerated pie crust and canned pie filing. Maybe use some Sprinkles. Easy to make, easy to transport (I'd put them in the DCB if you have one), and you can tell the Mommies how easy it is to have kids help make dessert.When, oh when, are we going to get a clamping lid for the Cake Pedestal??? It would make the transportation of desserts so much easier and attractive!

Have you heard of Dirt Dessert? You know it's the pudding with the whipped topping folded in and then it has layers of crushed oreos and for kids you can put gummie worms in it like they are coming up out of the "dirt". That would be pretty from the side layered in the trifle bowl and the kids would love it when you took the lid off.

We always eat them toooooo fast for that to happen :thumbup:

Why not do a cupcake bar? Use the mini muffin pan. Kids love to help decorate things. Sprinkles, frosting in the EAD or Bottles. Grate chocolate with the rotary grater or the microplane (looks like dirt). You can take marshmallows and cut with shears to make smaller pieces and press them into petals. Put several petals in circle with a m&m in center to make cute flowers. Think you can find the recipe/pic on familyfun.com You could also crush candy with the meat tend. or food chopper.

1. What are some easy and fun kid-friendly dessert recipes that can be easily transported?

Some great options for kid-friendly transportable desserts include no-bake treats like Rice Krispie treats, s'mores bars, and chocolate-covered pretzels. Cupcakes and cookies are also easy to transport and can be decorated with fun and colorful toppings.

2. Can you suggest any desserts that are allergy-friendly for kids?

There are many allergy-friendly dessert options that kids will love. Some ideas include fruit skewers, banana bread, and homemade popsicles. You can also make substitutions in traditional recipes, such as using dairy-free milk or gluten-free flour.

3. What are some creative ways to package and transport desserts for kids?

You can use colorful cupcake liners, small plastic containers, or mason jars to package and transport desserts for kids. Wrapping treats in tissue paper or decorative cellophane can also make them more visually appealing. For easy carrying, you can use a tray or basket lined with a decorative towel or fabric.

4. Are there any healthy kid-friendly dessert options?

Yes, there are many healthy dessert options that kids will enjoy. Some ideas include fruit salad, frozen yogurt bites, and homemade granola bars. You can also make healthier versions of traditional desserts by using ingredients like whole wheat flour, honey, and natural sweeteners.

5. Can you recommend any kid-friendly desserts that are easy for kids to make themselves?

There are plenty of simple dessert recipes that kids can make with a little help from an adult. Some options include no-bake peanut butter balls, chocolate-dipped fruit, and mini fruit pizzas. You can also get creative and let kids decorate their own cupcakes or cookies with frosting, sprinkles, and other toppings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • pampered2007
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pampered2007
  • babywings76