• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Make Kid-Friendly Chicken Nuggets at Home?

In summary, Crunchy Whole-Grain Chicken Bites can be easily made at home with a recipe or using a store-bought breading. They are a favorite at our house and are easy to make.
dkitten13
Does anyone know how to make these at home? I swear I keep Perdue in business with their Dinosaur Chicken nuggets!

I use the Crunchy Whole-Grain Chicken Bites recipe from 29 Minutes Vol I - DS, who is 5 helps me make them, and we all love them at our house.

Love it! I don't have the cook book so I'll have to try to get my hands on it!

dkitten13 said:
Does anyone know how to make these at home? I swear I keep Perdue in business with their Dinosaur Chicken nuggets!

Oh yeah, we buy a lot of those! My kids will probably be eating those with mac-n-cheese for dinner tonight, because DH and I are having Jerk Chicken Nachos and my DD won't touch them, DS will sometimes, but not if you're counting on him eating them. Guess I'll have to try that recipe sometime too.

for a real quick fix........cut chicken in small cubes, dip in ranch dressing and then crush corn flakes and roll the chicken in the corn flakes and bake on the large bar pan.

dkitten13 said:
Love it! I don't have the cook book so I'll have to try to get my hands on it!

check the files here.

Crunchy Whole-Grain Chicken Bites:

Dressing & Slaw
½ cup (125mL) reduced fat sour cream
2 Tbsp (30mL) reduced fat mayonnaise
1 pkg (1oz/28g) dry ranch dressing mix, divided
5 stalks of celery
2 carrots

Chicken Bites

1 lb (500g) chicken tenders
Remaining dry ranch dressing mix from dressing, divided
1 egg white
6 cups (1.5L) whole-grain chips (5oz/150g) (Sun Chips)
¼ tsp (1mL) paprika
Vegetable oil
Hot Sauce & crumbled blue cheese (optional)

1. Preheat oven 400 F (200 C). For dressing, in Small Batter Bowl, whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise & 1 tsp (15mL) of the dressing mix (reserve remaining dressing mix for chicken); set aside.
2. For chicken, cut chicken tenders into 1 ½- in. (4cm) pieces. Whisk together 1 tbsp (15mL) of the reserved dressing mix & egg white in Classic Batter Bowl. Crush chips using flat side of Meat Tenderizer in resealable plastic bag; add remaining dressing mix & paprika & shake well.
3. Add chicken to egg white mixture; mix well to coat. Add half of the coated chicken to crumb mixture; shake to coat with crumbs & arrange in a single layer on Rectangle Stone. Repeat with remaining coated chicken & crumbs.
4. Spray chicken generously with oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Bake 14-16 minutes or until chicken is golden brown & centers are no longer pink. Remove from oven.
5. Meanwhile, for slaw, thinly slice celery on the bias. Peel carrots; cut into julienne strips using Julienne Peeler. Combine celery & carrots with ¼ cup (50mL) 0f the dressing; mix well. To serve, divide chicken & slaw among serving plates; serve with remaining dressing for dipping. If desired, drizzle chicken with hot sauce & crumble blue cheese over dressing.

Yield: 4 servings
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 390, Total Fat 13g, Saturated Fat 4g, Cholesterol 80mg, Carbohydrate 36g, Protein 31g, Sodium 880mg, Fiber 5g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving: 2 starch, 3 ½ low-fat meat, ½ fat (2 carb)

My grandson (nearly 3) will eat 1-2 whole chicken tenders when we use this recipe! He loves them!

Crunchy Whole-Grain Chicken Bites ---sounds YUMMY!

I just finished a Kids in the Kitchen class tonight and we made these Chicken Nuggets. They were a HUGE hit! Quick, easy and delicious.

That recipe sounds yummy. I will have to try it.

At our house, we get the box of Zatarain's breading (Southern style is my kiddos fave). I cut the chicken up and roll it in this and fry it with some Smart Balance oil. It is all I can do to keep their little paws off of the plate before all of them are done. ;) They love them!

1. How do I make sure the chicken nuggets are cooked all the way through?

The best way to ensure your chicken nuggets are fully cooked is to use a meat thermometer. The internal temperature of the chicken should reach 165°F. You can also cut a nugget open to check for any pinkness or use a fork to make sure the chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.

2. Can I use any type of chicken for these nuggets?

Yes, you can use any type of boneless, skinless chicken for these nuggets. However, we recommend using chicken breast for a leaner option. You can also use ground chicken if you prefer.

3. How can I make these nuggets healthier for my kids?

There are a few ways to make these chicken nuggets healthier for your kids. You can use whole wheat breadcrumbs or panko instead of regular breadcrumbs for added fiber. You can also bake the nuggets instead of frying them. Another option is to use a healthier oil, such as olive oil, for frying.

4. Can I freeze these chicken nuggets for later?

Yes, you can freeze these chicken nuggets before or after cooking. If freezing before cooking, make sure to fully thaw before cooking. If freezing after cooking, let the nuggets cool completely before placing them in an airtight container or freezer bag. When ready to eat, thaw in the fridge and then reheat in the oven or microwave.

5. Can I add any seasonings or spices to the chicken nuggets?

Yes, you can add any seasonings or spices to the chicken nuggets to suit your taste preferences. Some popular options include garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and Italian seasoning. You can also mix in some grated Parmesan cheese for added flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • kzegar
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U