• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting My First Kick-Off Parties: Food, Demo, Games?

In summary, the speaker is planning to have a kick-off party to showcase their new business. They have invited friends and neighbors and are considering serving 3-4 larger food items that can be prepped in advance and cooked quickly. They are also wondering what product to demo and if they should have games with door prizes. They mention a chicken burrito bake and a salsa demo as quick and easy options. The suggested game is "stealing hearts" where guests ask questions about the business and whoever has the most hearts at the end gets prizes. The speaker suggests not revealing the game's true nature at first and sharing personal "heart tugs" to introduce the game.
KellerCooks
I'm having my first true show by way of kick-off parties (I have multiple catalog shows going right now). While I have invited neighbors (and anyone who seems interested), the majority will be my friends. I'll be doing one on a Wednesday night and one the following Sunday.

I'm not quite sure the best way to go about it. My friends are used to me hosting big events (with lots of food). The cooking/entertaining aspect is part of what attracted me to the company. I'm trying to figure out the best way to "meld" these two worlds.

I'm thinking of making 3-4 larger items utilizing products and then having little note cards showing what the item is, what cookbook it came out of, and what the main product was to use it (or 2-3 products) --- e.g., pizza on the pizza stone, rocky road brownies in stoneware (or lava cake from micro-cooker), a few dips made from pantry items w/ microwaved potato chips, etc. Anyone have thoughts on good food to serve that can be prepped in advance and cooked semi-last minute?

Also, what should I demo? I don't want to spend too long doing a demo -- I want to interact with friends and show them product, get their take on the food, etc.

Lastly, should I do games?
I was thinking of doing some door prizes and maybe a drawing or two based on cards they fill out. Any other games you think would be good but not to cheesy?

Thanks so much for any help.

I would do a chicken burrito bake and then demo a salsa in the MFP. That would be quick and easy. The burrito back stays warm quite a while in the DCB so you could do it last minute and then finish it as guests arrive. Maybe a dessert or two and sauces over cream chees. Things like that.Game: I'd do stealing hearts or something similar. You want them to know about what you are getting into so they understand and who knows? Maybe someone will start with you - always more fun that way. Drawings are a great idea too. I always do a drawing no matter what kind of event I'm doing.

Thanks so much! I haven't heard of the "stealing hearts" game yet .. what's that?

Deck of cards.pull out hearts. Guests ask questions about the business till they are handed out. Then you take the spades and say the first three numbers. They each get a wrapped prize but can't open it. Then quickly say the rest of the numbers while those people steal the gifts. Whoever has them at the end gets the prizes.

When introducing the game don't tell right away that they'll be stealing the gifts. When it's time remind them what the game is called. Also when introducing it tell your story and what your "heart tugs" were and what some other people's might be.

Dear host/hostess,Congratulations on hosting your first true show with multiple kick-off parties! It sounds like you have a lot of great ideas already and are excited about showcasing our products to your friends. I think your plan of serving 3-4 larger items and having note cards with information about the products is a great way to showcase the versatility of our products and get your guests interested in trying them out.As for prepping food in advance, some great options could be slow cooker recipes or make-ahead dips and appetizers. These can be easily reheated or assembled right before the party, allowing you more time to interact with your guests. As for demos, I would suggest choosing a few key products to showcase and keeping the demos short and interactive. This will allow your friends to see the products in action and ask any questions they may have.In terms of games, I think door prizes and a drawing based on filled-out cards are great ideas. You could also consider a scavenger hunt or a product guessing game to keep things fun and engaging without being too cheesy.Thank you for sharing your plans with us and for being a dedicated consultant. I wish you all the best with your kick-off parties and I'm sure your friends will love learning about our amazing products! Happy cooking!

1. How much food should I prepare for my kick-off party?

The amount of food you should prepare for your kick-off party will depend on the number of guests you are expecting. A good rule of thumb is to plan for 3-4 appetizers per person. You can also ask your guests to bring a dish to share to help supplement the food.

2. What type of demo should I do at my kick-off party?

The type of demo you do at your kick-off party will depend on your personal preference and the products you want to showcase. You can choose to do a live cooking demo or a product demonstration where you show how to use different kitchen tools. You can also mix it up and do a combination of both.

3. Are there any fun games or activities I can incorporate into my kick-off party?

Yes, there are plenty of fun games and activities you can incorporate into your kick-off party. You can have a recipe guessing game, where guests have to guess the ingredients in a dish you are making. Another idea is to have a taste testing game, where guests have to identify different spices or ingredients blindfolded. You can also have a prize drawing for guests who book parties or make purchases during the party.

4. How can I encourage my guests to book parties at my kick-off party?

There are a few ways you can encourage your guests to book parties at your kick-off party. You can offer a special discount or free gift to anyone who books a party during the kick-off. You can also have a prize drawing for guests who book parties at the kick-off. Lastly, make sure to highlight the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party, such as earning free products and discounts.

5. Can I have my kick-off party at a different location besides my home?

Yes, you can have your kick-off party at a different location besides your home. You can host it at a friend's house, a community center, or even a park. Just make sure to have all the necessary equipment and supplies with you. You can also reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for assistance in finding a suitable location for your kick-off party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cjromero
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
StewartKerr
  • kdangel518
  • Products and Tips
Replies