• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Organizing Pampered Chef Business Paperwork & Payments - Tips & Tricks

up your PP files?I back up my PP files by using a PP back-up cd. I keep it in my PC bank account and back it up once a month.
beepampered
The paperwork for my PC business is so out of control with piles everywhere. Any tips to keep organized would be appreciated but I'm specifically looking for a way to do something in PP. I have had several guests/hosts who are "sending the check in the mail" but I want to close the show. I have had no problem actually getting the money if I ask for it but I have forgotten to remind people. What is the best way to post payment in PP that is still yet to come? Is there a report that tracks this since I don't go back into each show to track past payments?

I hope this makes sense. Yesterday I received a $90 check in the mail for payment for two orders on a show that had already shipped. I had completely forgotten about it. (fortunately, I have a pad in my PC bank account so the money missing didn't throw me off).

Also, how do you keep track of what PC is taking money of your account for? I have several $50ish deductions that I cannot find what I was buying or why they took the money out?

Thanks...BEE

Get Organized Now!Okay, before this gets any more out of hand than it aleady is, you need to get organized now! This is what I do......

1) I have a file folder for everything! Stickers, Labels, Flyers, PP Back-up (keep my pp back-up cd in there and back-up once a month when I update), Theme Show Ideas, Host Planners, Wedding info & flyers, PP Sales Receipts, Supply info, 2006 Receipts & Expenses, Open Shows, Closed Shows (I just keep the last 2 months in there the rest are in a box)....and so on....

2) I try to deposit an entire show at a time (when possible) and list it in my checkbook by the show number (deposit Show #27). I do not mark individual orders as paid until they are paid...that way the show won't balance and I know I still have money to collect. I do not submit a show until everyone has paid me. If I know the person really well and know that I can trust them I will submit the show knowing that their payment is on the way - usually just do this with the Host Order.

3) As soon as I submit a show I go ahead and list the debit in my checkbook with the show number (PC Debit Show #27). That way I won't get the money mixed up with mine and I know how much PC is going to debit. Once they do, I just write in the date on my checkbook register.

4) I pay for all of my paperwork supplies with my PC Credit Card and only us the card for PC related items. If I do pay for something with my Debit Card, I go ahead and record it - even if PC hasn't made the deduction yet.

5) I record all of my expenses in PP as soon as I incur them - or as soon after as I can remember to do it. I do not file the receipt until I record it.

6) Get your PC files on your computer oganized too! It's so much easier to find everything. Some of the files I have are: Monthly Specials, Host Forms (this is Host Letters, Outside Order Forms), Theme Shows & Games, Special Events (right now what I have in there is HWC and Babies R Us stuff), Recipes, Newsletters, Door Prizes & Gift Certificates...and so on....

That's my system, I'm sure I probably left something out, but you get the jest of it. It works for me, I hope there is something here that you can use as well.

Get organized girl! Life is much easier when you know where to find your stuff.

Linda

Last edited:
That was great!!Linda that was excellent advice!! I am taking notes! I myself am an organized nut with my file folders, databases, notepads, journals, and online bank statements!! Not to mention PP!
I love to be organized and more tips are great!! I can tell you are an organized person as well.
I am the type of person who likes to get organized about getting organized :eek:
I know I need help!!! :p :p :p
But I love it. When I was little I always wrote lists, had tons of paper, folders, binders and loved to do school work. Summer time was so sad for me cause I longed to be in school writing, and doing assignments so I could organize them and get way ahead!!!
Now I have my very own business to get organized and it's great!!! :D

Debbie

how do you back up to a CD? I have tried and tried to change mine, but it always goes back to drive C. So, I can either backup to a floppy in drive A or use Drive C. I would much rather use a CD...or even a zip drive.

Shawnna said:
how do you back up to a CD? I have tried and tried to change mine, but it always goes back to drive C. So, I can either backup to a floppy in drive A or use Drive C. I would much rather use a CD...or even a zip drive.

First, be sure that your CD is writable (sometimes you need to format them before you can use them). Have the CD in the drive and when you go to do the back-up select "Other Drive" Then just select the drive that the CD is in. Hope that helps.

Linda

I am super organized too! I got one of those according file folders with a handle from Wal-Mart and I have everything in it that I need. That was a super lifesaver because I am an organization nut as well.

I back up to a flash drive (only a 128MB one), it is extremely quick and easy to use (goes into a USB drive on your PC). I have had to use it to transfer my files to a new PC also, so I know it works.

thanksThanks for the advice. I have written down every debit but I still have things being taken out from PC that I don't know what they are - guess I'll have to call HO to find out.

So how do you enter things in PP to show up right. For instance, on this show, I have the host paying for one order, half of another order and then her own order. It's all going on her credit card but how do I enter the other orders so that it shows up as the host paying. In addition, I have a June host who is purchasing the pink cups under the name of the past hostess but I will get payment later since I know I'll see her at her show. How do I post that?

It just seems that nothing is ever straight forward when I go to close a show and PP doesn't have a way for me to mark "I'll pay this but need to get payment later."

Just a thought, but how about using a copy of the Customer Care Log for these transactions? That way you can yellow them out with a highlighter when you get the payment, and call those who haven't paid.

Better yet, always get the payment when they order! They CAN use a credit card over the phone, you know!

PP won't change to anything but c or a
pamperedlinda said:
First, be sure that your CD is writable (sometimes you need to format them before you can use them). Have the CD in the drive and when you go to do the back-up select "Other Drive" Then just select the drive that the CD is in. Hope that helps.

Linda

I have tried this several time with a rewritable cd - whenever I try to change it to the d drive where the writable cd is it automatically changes to c drive. The only one it will change to is the a drive...

Leea:cool:

Harrle said:
I have tried this several time with a rewritable cd - whenever I try to change it to the d drive where the writable cd is it automatically changes to c drive. The only one it will change to is the a drive...

Leea:cool:

Are you absolutely SURE that your cd is formated/writable? Have you tried another one? I had problems with this too and I was doing 2 things wrong. First, I didn't have the cd in the drive (before you tell it to back-up) and second, I thought I had bought formatted cds - turns out I had to format them first. I'm no computer whiz so you might want to call tech support and get them to walk you through the procedure. I had to call them once for something else and the guy I talked to was very helpful.

Luck to you!
Linda

What if I don't have or can't get a checking account

Omarakeen said:
What if I don't have or can't get a checking account
Then you will have to send all of your PC through snail mail and use a money order/cashiers check for payment. You would probably not be able to accept checks either - where would you cash them?

I would check out the banks around you. I would think there would be one that would accept you. Terms may not be great but if you are careful, after you have proved yourself you should be able to re-negotiate.

I would also call PC and ask for their advice on the issue. Are you already a consultant or thinking about joining? Your recruiter can get some of that info for you too. Feel free to pm or email me if I can help you further.

I have one piece of advice - unless you totally trust the person paying you, I never submit an order unless I know that the check that was given to me, clears. In the past, I had someone's check bounce. On top of the fact that my account was debited and then I was charged a fee for depositing a bad check. I had to drive to that person's back and resubmit it for cash, because I didn't want to take a chance and see if it would bounce again. THANKFULLY, I had enough in my account to cover the error on the part of the guest, but now, I am certain that unless ALL checks clear my bank, I won't submit an order.

What if I had never been able to collect that person's money? They would have gotten their order and I AM the one that would have paid for it.

Just my past learning experience and how I handle business now.

Jaye

jaye said:
I have one piece of advice - unless you totally trust the person paying you, I never submit an order unless I know that the check that was given to me, clears. In the past, I had someone's check bounce. On top of the fact that my account was debited and then I was charged a fee for depositing a bad check. I had to drive to that person's back and resubmit it for cash, because I didn't want to take a chance and see if it would bounce again. THANKFULLY, I had enough in my account to cover the error on the part of the guest, but now, I am certain that unless ALL checks clear my bank, I won't submit an order.

What if I had never been able to collect that person's money? They would have gotten their order and I AM the one that would have paid for it.

Just my past learning experience and how I handle business now.

Jaye
I have had maybe 6 checks bounce in 4 1/2 years. All but one person was very upset that had happened and immediately paid me in cash. The one that didn't: that order was shipped to me and she never returned my calls so I still have the product. I could have returned it but just didn't think of that option at the time. Anyone need a stainless steel bowl set for 23% off (my commission that particular month)?

I wait to submit until the checks are in my hand and if I feel like I might have a problem I either cash it at THEIR bank or have the show shipped to me.

What is the best way to organize my Pampered Chef business paperwork?

The best way to organize your Pampered Chef business paperwork is to create a filing system that works for you. This can include using binders, folders, or a digital filing system. Make sure to label each section clearly and keep track of important documents such as order forms, receipts, and contracts.

How often should I update my Pampered Chef payment records?

It is recommended to update your payment records at least once a week. This will ensure that you have an accurate record of all your transactions and can easily track your income and expenses. It is also a good idea to review and reconcile your records at the end of each month to catch any discrepancies.

What should I do with old or outdated paperwork?

If you have old or outdated paperwork such as discontinued product catalogs or expired contracts, it is best to dispose of them in a secure manner. This can include shredding or securely deleting digital files. Keeping your paperwork up-to-date will make it easier to find important documents when you need them.

Are there any online tools or resources available to help with organizing my Pampered Chef business paperwork?

Yes, there are several online tools and resources available to help with organizing your Pampered Chef business paperwork. The Pampered Chef Consultant's Corner website offers a variety of templates and forms to help you keep track of your business records. You can also use digital tools such as Google Drive or Evernote to store and organize your documents.

What are some tips for staying organized with my Pampered Chef payments?

One tip for staying organized with your Pampered Chef payments is to separate your personal and business finances. This will make it easier to track your income and expenses for tax purposes. It is also helpful to keep a separate bank account and credit card for your business transactions. Another tip is to set aside time each week to update your payment records and reconcile any discrepancies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrshamel3808
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
  • BlessedWifeMommy
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
emo812
  • pampered2007