• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Store Asparagus for Long-Term Refrigeration

In summary, for long-term refrigeration, wrap the ends of asparagus in a damp paper towel and store in a plastic bag or container. It is best to store unwashed asparagus and check regularly for spoilage. Asparagus can also be frozen after blanching and trimming the ends.
DebPC
Staff member
The best way to keep fresh asparagus for a long while in the refrigerator is to slice off the stems and then stand them in a bowl with a couple of inches of water in the bottom. It keeps for a very long time this way. Add water as necessary. From allrecipes.com

The herb keeper is perfect for that. I store asparagus in that product all the time.

I also use the Herb Keeper.

1. How should I store asparagus in the refrigerator?

The best way to store asparagus for long-term refrigeration is to wrap the ends of the stalks in a damp paper towel and place them in a plastic bag or container. This will help keep the asparagus hydrated and prevent it from drying out.

2. Can I store asparagus in the refrigerator without washing it first?

Yes, it is best to store asparagus unwashed. Moisture can cause the asparagus to spoil more quickly, so it is important to only wash it right before using it.

3. How long can I keep asparagus in the refrigerator?

When stored properly, asparagus can last up to one week in the refrigerator. It is important to check it regularly and discard any stalks that have become mushy or slimy.

4. Can I freeze asparagus for long-term storage?

Yes, asparagus can be frozen for long-term storage. It is best to blanch the asparagus first by placing it in boiling water for 2-3 minutes, then immediately placing it in an ice bath. Once cooled, pat the asparagus dry and place it in an airtight container or freezer bag.

5. Is it necessary to trim the ends of asparagus before storing?

Yes, it is important to trim the ends of asparagus before storing to ensure freshness. Cut off about 1-2 inches from the bottom of the stalks and discard any woody or tough parts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
TheNewMrsRue
  • RMDave
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • ChefetteDuJour