• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preventing Wasp and Bee Infestations: Tips and Tricks

. It is a spice made from the flower of a tropical palm. The cloves are used in baking and can also be used as a garlic substitute. The website that was redirected is not the page that has the information about cloves, but rather a Russian website that is apparently hacked.
DebPC
Staff member
Does anyone do this?

keep wasps and bees awayCapture.JPG

I am willing to try it at my next outdoor gathering!

Here in Wisconsin we aren't into bee or wasp season yet. Usually starts in a couple of weeks. Years ago I was talked into doing an outside show in September. Never again. I got stung 3 times and all the guests were using their guest folders to swat at the bees. Live and learn. Let us know if this works.

We had a family reunion to attend today, and it was outdoors. It was a beautiful day (started off cloudy and a couple of sprinkles but cleared up quite nicely) and it wasn't too hot.I tried this, and I had FABULOUS results!! I didn't see one wasp or bee near our table, and I saw two flies total, and we were there several hours. From about 11:30 am to 5:30 pm.This is definitely a keeper and something I will do for all future outdoor gatherings!

Cloves of what? Doesn't look like garlic & I can't figure out what it is. I keep trying to go to the web page listed, but it redirected to some crazy page & then to some page that looked Russian and said something about the page being hacked. Super weird.

Sheila said:
Cloves of what? Doesn't look like garlic & I can't figure out what it is. I keep trying to go to the web page listed, but it redirected to some crazy page & then to some page that looked Russian and said something about the page being hacked. Super weird.
I think the cloves are "whole cloves" from the spice aisle. Instead of ground cloves (added to pumpkin pie?) these are the "whole" version. All I can ever remember using them for was sticking them in a ham before baking. As a child I can remember my mom criss-crossing the ham and I would stick the whole cloves in the intersections.

Yes, the name of the spice is called cloves

Hi there! As a pampered chef consultant, I have definitely come across customers who have dealt with wasp and bee infestations in their homes. It's definitely a common problem, especially during the warmer months. Some tips and tricks that I have shared with my customers include using essential oils, such as peppermint or eucalyptus, to repel these insects. You can also make a DIY wasp and bee trap using a plastic bottle and some sweet liquid, like soda or honey. Another effective method is using a mixture of dish soap and water to spray on areas where these insects tend to gather. I have also recommended sealing any cracks or holes in the exterior of the home to prevent them from entering. Prevention is key, so it's important to regularly check and maintain the outside of your home. Hope these tips help! Happy cooking!

1. How can I keep wasps and bees away from my outdoor dining area?

One way to keep wasps and bees away from your outdoor dining area is by using a natural repellent spray made from essential oils. Mix equal parts water and white vinegar, then add 10-15 drops of peppermint, eucalyptus, or lemon essential oil. Spray the mixture around your dining area to repel these insects.

2. What are some natural ways to deter bees and wasps?

In addition to using a natural repellent spray, you can also plant herbs and flowers that these insects don't like, such as mint, basil, and marigolds. You can also set out bowls of sliced cucumber or cloves to deter them from coming near your outdoor space.

3. Are there any specific foods or scents that attract wasps and bees?

Yes, wasps and bees are attracted to sweet scents and sugary foods. To keep them away, avoid leaving out open containers of food or drinks, and clean up any spills or crumbs immediately. You may also consider using unscented or citrus-scented cleaning products for your outdoor dining area.

4. How can I protect myself from bees and wasps while working in my garden?

If you're working in your garden and want to avoid getting stung by bees and wasps, wear light-colored clothing and avoid wearing strong perfumes or scented lotions. You can also use a natural insect repellent on your skin and clothing to deter these insects.

5. What should I do if I encounter a wasp or bee nest on my property?

If you find a wasp or bee nest on your property, it's best to call a professional pest control service to safely remove it. Do not attempt to remove the nest yourself, as this can be dangerous and may result in getting stung. It's also important to seal up any cracks or openings around your home where these insects could potentially build a nest.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• HARRIS
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
CRuff
  • bakinwithbacon