• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your PC Business Success with Express Shows and Creative Bookings

J
jjhoo01
I am planning on purchasing a kit in the next week or two. However, before I do I am trying to get a really good plan set up for running my PC business. I did it a few years ago and failed. I love this website because it addresses many of my pitfalls and gives me the confidence to overcome them. I love the idea of express shows. I think they would work really well for me. But here's an idea that I also was considering. I attended another companies home party last week. The consultant held the party in her home rather than the host's. Would something like that work for PC? I thought it may encourage people to book that way so they don't have to prepare their home etc. Also I thought for us it would be nice since we wouldn't have to lug our stuff out. And I know how my appliences work. Let me know what you think about this option. And thank you so much for the other ideas!

shows in your homeHaving something like an open house for your first show is a really good idea. Invite all your friends and family- its a great way to start off your business. I knew a lady who does her own home shows in her house(she is not a pampered chef consultant) The only thing was she always seemed a little stressed because people are in her home every weekend. I'm not saying that you would be the same way I just know how it was for this one lady I knew. Keep in mind also that with the new host program your hostess gets an automatic $15 in free products for having the show at her house. This automatic free product is mainly a thank you for opening her home and for providing the ingredients. If you had the shows in your home I'm assuming you would have your hostess bring the ingredients which means she would have to come early enough for you to get things ready. I know for me I like to go to other's homes. I don't have to worry about cleaning house, my kids running around, my husband having to hide upstairs ;) ect.. Talk to your director and recruiter about it, get ideas from ladies on this website, and weigh the pros and cons. I know for me though I would rather do shows at the hostess house- less work for me. :)

I did my first kitchen show in March and held it at my house. It well, but I definitely like to do shows in other people's houses better. If you do decide to shows in your house, one option is to purchase the ingredients yourself and have the host reimburse you. That way she won't have to come early and you can already have everything set up and ready.

That is one of the best things about having your own business....you can run it the way that works for you. If having people in your house works, then do it. The points made in the above posts are valid ones and you should consider them.

Good luck restarting your business. Out of curiosity...what made you decide to sign up again? What made you stop the first time?

Thanks For The TipsThanks for the advice, I will weigh those options out. I quit because I had gone back to school and was working full time and just got too busy. I wasn't successful at gettting bookings. I am restarting because now I am a stay at home mom and would like to be able to earn some extra money.

Another thing you may want to consider is that your host's guests may not feel comfortable coming to a stranger's house (yours). That may affect the number of people coming to the shows, and thus your sales and bookings.

As a stay-at-home mom, I can also speak from experience that when you are doing a show at your home, no matter how well daddy is "watching" the kids - at least one of them will come running through the room in the middle of the demo and start pulling on your apron for attention! Just something to be aware of.

I am assuming you have a consultant you are working with, but if you do not, I would be glad to have you on my team! My contact information is below. Good luck on your new career!

If you do decide to do a show in your home for another host - let me know how that goes. I really like that idea actually. I hate toting all my stuff to shows and I always always always forget something. That would make me want to book more shows - if I could have it in my own home where I am comfortable.

My OpinionHi!

Here's my opinion. Offer both!

Tell people that they can have the show at their place, or at your place. Then they can make the decision. I agree with others that some people may not want to go to a show if they don't know the person who's house it is. On the same token, some would-be hostesses may not book a show because they feel their house is too small, or too messy, or that their kids would be in the way, etc.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

I also think this site is GREAT for information, tips, and SUPPORT!

Hope to hear soon what you have decided and how it works for you!

Good luck at your second run!

Michelle Roth
Consultant # 021705

1. How can I maximize my PC business success with express shows and creative bookings?

In order to maximize your PC business success with express shows and creative bookings, it is important to have a solid plan in place. This may include setting goals, identifying your target audience, and developing a marketing strategy. Additionally, utilizing express shows can be a great way to increase sales and bookings, as they allow for a quick and convenient way for customers to shop.

2. What are some common pitfalls to avoid when running a PC business?

Some common pitfalls to avoid when running a PC business include not setting clear goals, not understanding your target audience, and not having a solid marketing plan in place. It is also important to consistently track your sales and bookings and make adjustments as needed.

3. How can express shows benefit my PC business?

Express shows can benefit your PC business in multiple ways. They offer a convenient and efficient way for customers to shop, which can lead to increased sales and bookings. They also allow for a more personal and intimate shopping experience, which can help build customer relationships and loyalty.

4. Can I hold my PC parties in my own home rather than the host's home?

Yes, holding PC parties in your own home can be a successful option. This may be especially beneficial for those who do not want to prepare their home for a party, as well as for consultants who are more comfortable using their own appliances and know how they work. However, it is important to discuss this option with your host and ensure they are comfortable with hosting in your home.

5. Can I incorporate other companies' ideas into my PC business?

Yes, you can definitely incorporate other companies' ideas into your PC business. Attending parties and events hosted by other direct sales companies can provide valuable insight and inspiration for your own business. Just be sure to adapt these ideas to fit your specific products and target audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Katiek77
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
loreo
Replies
Views
sherri lynn
Replies
Views
Stephanie78