• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My PWS Making a Difference for My Business?

I am just getting my first host who is using the site for her invites...but I started printing on my invitations that I send out in a box under where the person's address goes "If you can't make it to the show we'll miss you and you'll miss the fun, but you can still place an order or book a show online at (website address)...just click on order products and type in (hosts name). (I stole this from someone on here) and I had 4 online orders for my last show, and the hostess doesn't even have e-mail...so it made my website a bit more worth it.....
lkprescott
Silver Member
So after I qualified I got 90 days free on a PWS. I set it up and started using it right away. None of my hosts seemed to use it at ALL. I asked if they got the emails, "yeah" but just no interest in using it or even promoting it to get more outside orders though I reminded them and pushed it as much as I could without like, being overbearing.

Well, I'd gotten my "we're going to start charging you soon" letter from PC and had til like the 10th to cancel the site or not. Well, since it didn't generate any interest other than one gal who placed an individual order for a $20 item because she missed the deadline on a show and I told her to go to my site if she wanted to order it anyway, I was thinking that that hardly justified the cost.

Finally... a sign of life! I have a host who is trying to keep a catalog show going (and me there rooting her on every step, of course) and I resent a reminder email to remind her the URL and such and well today.... there was an order that went through my site for her show! I was sooo excited! It wasn't a huge order but it proved that someone out there listened! I did a happy dance and showed my husband and hopefully will find continued success in using my PWS. I at least don't mind plunking the money down now and renewing it. LOL

Anyway... just had to share!

My online shows can be hit or miss. I had one catalog show host who collected $700 online. I've had hosts send out emails before but everyone still contacted her rather than going through online. Considering the monthy "fee" for the website I still think it's really worth it! I wish I hadn't waited to get one. I like that they offer it free for 90 days now.

After I book a show and hand out my host packet, I set the host up on my personal website and send them an email - I also send in the mail a flyer that tells them how to invite etc (I am sure if you search on FILES there is one) - Its a little reminder and helpful to those who aren't exactly computer crazy yet - I do find I usually get 60% of my hosts to use it and get a few orders from there with coaching on how they include everyone on their email list whether from NY or Alaska -

I am just getting my first host who is using the site for her invites...but I started printing on my invitations that I send out in a box under where the person's address goes "If you can't make it to the show we'll miss you and you'll miss the fun, but you can still place an order or book a show online at (website address)...just click on order products and type in (hosts name). (I stole this from someone on here) and I had 4 online orders for my last show, and the hostess doesn't even have e-mail...so it made my website a bit more worth it.....

You will want to tell every customer at your shows about the online ordering capabilities for personal orders and about the outlet items!! :) Like the crock for $3!!!! Last month I concentrated on telling everyone and I had almost $800 in orders on my website:D , those are personal orders--not included orders attached to shows!

fruit76loop said:
You will want to tell every customer at your shows about the online ordering capabilities for personal orders and about the outlet items!! :) Like the crock for $3!!!! Last month I concentrated on telling everyone and I had almost $800 in orders on my website:D , those are personal orders--not included orders attached to shows!

I tried that at one show and folks got really excited... wrote down the website addy and what not... no one followed through. I guess I'm learning to not get all excited sometimes... folks will say things and *poof* they forget what it was they even wanted and why they wrote down where it was they wanted to go even. LOL..

PamperedDor said:
After I book a show and hand out my host packet, I set the host up on my personal website and send them an email - I also send in the mail a flyer that tells them how to invite etc (I am sure if you search on FILES there is one) - Its a little reminder and helpful to those who aren't exactly computer crazy yet - I do find I usually get 60% of my hosts to use it and get a few orders from there with coaching on how they include everyone on their email list whether from NY or Alaska -

I do the first part too. As soon as they book, I fix it up in my PWS and email them the link and their passcode and such. I've been using the postcards though (putting my PWS URL on there too) but maybe I should try flyers for invites and see if that helps too. Thanks!

lkprescott said:
I tried that at one show and folks got really excited... wrote down the website addy and what not... no one followed through. I guess I'm learning to not get all excited sometimes... folks will say things and *poof* they forget what it was they even wanted and why they wrote down where it was they wanted to go even. LOL..

True, true. But then all of a sudden you might open your mail and have an order from someone that was at a show months ago!!:balloon: :balloon:

I personally also give everyone a business card when they check out. I tell them the recipes are listed on my website and that the back of their card is a preferred customer card. I used to have the stickers from Nancys Artwork before she quit selling them. Now I just make one on the address labels that says:

Preferred Customer Card
When you receive 12 initials you will get 10% off your next order.

People are so funny with these, when I go to take orders from past customers they whip out their card and the new customers are like "what's that?" So the excitement gets contagious!:D

You have to give your PWS time. After almost three years, I now get regular orders. I just had a nice order from a woman who had attended a show last March. She held onto my info and when she was down at her winter home, placed an order for things to have there.I have also started mentioning it more at all my shows. You have to build the relationship. You'd be surprised how many people think they have to be invited to a show to order!!!YOU MUST PROMOTE YOUR WEBSITE FOR IT TO BE PROFITABLE!!!

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I appreciate it. I'm going to renew it and give it more time, keep promoting it and see how things pick up from there. Thanks!

What is "Just When I Was Wondering..."?

"Just When I Was Wondering..." is a cookbook written by Pampered Chef founder Doris Christopher. It features over 200 easy and delicious recipes for everyday meals and special occasions.

What types of recipes are included in "Just When I Was Wondering..."?

The cookbook includes a variety of recipes for appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, desserts, and more. There are also recipes for different dietary needs, such as vegetarian, gluten-free, and low-carb options.

Are the ingredients for the recipes easy to find?

Yes, the ingredients for the recipes in "Just When I Was Wondering..." can be found at most grocery stores. They are also everyday ingredients that you may already have in your pantry.

Do the recipes in "Just When I Was Wondering..." require special equipment?

No, the recipes in the cookbook can be made using basic kitchen equipment that most people have. However, for some recipes, certain Pampered Chef products may be recommended for optimal results.

Is "Just When I Was Wondering..." suitable for beginner cooks?

Yes, this cookbook is perfect for beginner cooks as it includes easy-to-follow instructions and tips for success. It also features a variety of recipes for different skill levels, so there is something for everyone to try.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennifer E
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • huskerlissa