• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just Wanted to Share: Mystery Host Show (Long First Post)

In summary, Shelby Michalek is doing a Going Away Mystery Host Show where she needs 10 participants to collect $50 in Pampered Chef orders. After participants collect $50 or more, they will receive a free hostess gift package from Shelby. The person to collect the most orders will recieve any item in the catalog for 1/2 price. All participants will also recieve 20% off their own orders. If you would like to participate, please respond to this email ASAP.
ShelbyMichalek
I'm doing a quickie Mystery Host Show before I move away (Moving from Minnesota to Mississippi) and I sent this email out.

Hello everyone! I'm sending this email to just 10 of my Customer Connection list and friends list.

You're invited to participate in my Going Away Mystery Host Show!
I need just 10 people to participate and collect $50 in Pampered Chef Orders.
It's easy! I'll send you a catalog and just a couple order forms. It takes an average of 3 orders to total $50.

Each participant that collects $50 or more will recieve a free hostess gift package from me as a thank you!

Here's how it works.
After you get your hostess packet, just ask a few people from work, church, children's school, fitness club, etc.
if they'd like to place an order to help you win some free products! You can even direct friends/family to my website to
enter you as a host and purchase from there!

The person to collect the most $$ in orders will recieve any item in the catalog for 1/2 price!!
You could even choose the 12-piece Executive Cookware Host Favorite! A $710 value for only $355!

Anyone who collects over $75 in orders will be entered in a drawing to win a set of any 3 Color Coated Knives* for Free OR a set of 3 Cutting Boards** FREE!

All participants will also recieve 20% off their own orders!*** And the opportunity to purchase the Dinnertime in No Time Set, a $99 value, for just $75.

Please respond to this email ASAP. We need 10 participants to make this work! I would love for you to take part in this before I move away.

Shelby Michalek The Pampered Chef
Independent Consultant #606191
XXXXXX/shelbymichalek
If you would like to host your own show
I have a few dates in March and early April still available.

*Set of 3 Color Coated Knives includes any combination of 3 knives from the Color Coated Knives collections, valued at up to $58.50
**Cutting Board Set includes Large Grooved Cutting Board, Cutting Board, and Bar Board. Total value $56.50
***If you choose to order $50 on your own to participate, the 20% off will only be applied to any additional items over $50.

ANYWAY! I sent that out to about 30 people (I know it said only 10, but I know that over half of those people don't check their email often enough)

After sending it I realized too late that I forgot to put a date on it.

To address any questions before they are asked.
The 1/2 price item is because if the show works out like I plan, I will get a $400 show (or more). This qualifies for 2 half price items.
The Knife or Cutting Board set will be purchased using the $60 FPV.
The DINT $99 set for only $75 will be purchased using the 20% off host discount (plus just a couple $ out of my pocket).
Any extra hostess benefits will be drawn and randomly awarded. The participants don't know this because I want it to be a surprise where I'll send out an email about it at the end of the show inviting them all to dinner and telling them that there will be an extra prize given away (this dinner will count as the "cooking show" so that I can submit the show as a cooking show rather than a catalog show)

Anyway, I sent it at 12:26 p.m. and at 12:28 p.m. (just 2 minutes or less later) I got a response to be signed up!! I'm hoping I get this lucky with at least 9 more people!

I just started this thread so I can post my updates and excitement about this show.
If anyone has any ideas or advice for me, let me know. I've never done a Mystery Host show before, although I've read quite a few threads on here about them.

I'm excited to hear how this goes for you!

In another day I would resend the email with a note at the top regarding the deadline. This will also prompt those who may have missed the email the first time. Good Luck!!

Got a response from a current catalog show host (her shows been going for over a month..I thought I'd never turn that one in!!) and she said she'll add her two small orders to my Going Away MH Show. I'm happy about that!

Also, not an update to this topic, but I finally just went green for the month. Submitted a small show that was supposed to be my HUGE Spring show that didn't get many guests. At least I'm active :D Now I can submit my 4th month kit enhancement!

I'm doing a Mystery Host Show for the first time too since I only had one show booked this month! I have 5 hosts (I was hoping for 10) but I gave them a goal of $100 each so I'm hoping to have a $500 show if not more! I got 3 repsonses in 3 days and then sent out a follow-up and got 2 more. I sent it to about 30 people as well so I was excited that I got so many so fast! I'm really hoping it all comes together since I don't know how big my one show will be (she booked from a family member's show and I've done 3 shows for this same group of friends/family in the past month and a half).

I did one in Feb. and had great success with it. I had 8 people and one ended with $400 alone so turned that into her own show, and then the other 7 had over $1500 in orders. Great boost to the month.

Good luck to you!

StacieB said:
I did one in Feb. and had great success with it. I had 8 people and one ended with $400 alone so turned that into her own show, and then the other 7 had over $1500 in orders. Great boost to the month.

Good luck to you!

That is amazing, can you share what you did for that show and how it was so successful?

Alright. Update time:

I plan on closing this show Monday:

I had 3 participants (crazy I know!) but I've got over $300 in orders. It's less than I'd hoped for but I still have one "hostess" that is sure she's got a few orders coming in. We'll see, I'll call her tomorrow because when I called tonight she was already in bed (at 7:30!)

And I've got a lady that had a catalog show that didn't get $150 in orders so I'll be adding her show to this one so that it reaches the $400 mark.

Really hope this pans out for me.
I'm glad we got the opportunity to submit our own show for the chance to get a free product. I already had this MH show planned so I didn't have to scrape on up quick like I'm sure a few of you are doing/did.

Here's an update for anyone who cares ;)

I had 3 official participants and added a 4th from a catalog show that didn't quite hit the mark.
2 people just submitted their own orders and didn't get an other sales.
I also added on a SB and All-Purpose Spreader to the two participants that asked for direct shipping. (That was their little prize for doing this.)
I didn't add any of my own sales to push up the show.

I put in a $503 show!! This to me is very exciting simply because I'll have a pretty $100+ paycheck :D.
The only problem now? Declined credit card!!! What the heck people? I tried to resolve once and it was again declined. I'll be trying to contact her for a new # or to confirm the #. She's my neighbor so it's not a huge deal to just cover it for her except
a)I really don't want to get stuck with her stuff if she can't/doesn't pay for it.
b)I really can't afford to cover it!

So I'll update again when this is resolved.

If it's a declined credit card, you're not stuck. If you can't get the card solved, you can ask HO not to process that order. Not 100% clear whether it affects the host benefits at that point or not.

I know I'm not stuck, but I just want this to go through without losing her order! I'm moving in 2 weeks and I need to get EVERYTHING situated and shipped/delivered as quickly as possible. If it comes down to it, I'll probably just cover it. I know this gal enough to know she would pay for it. I just don't want the hassle.

I sent her this email.

Tracy,
I submitted that Going Away Mystery Host show last night and I woke up this morning to the following email that I'm fowarding to you.
I attempted once more to resolve this and I got the same email.
Currently the show is on hold until I can get this fixed, can you provide me with a different CC# or other form of payment?
Thanks!

Shelby Michalek The Pampered Chef
Independent Consultant #606191
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx/shelbymichalek

The bottom of the email just had the little chart with her name/cc#/card status/show status that was emailed to me from the solution center.

i am doing the $1000 mystery host show! super excited. i sent out emails last night and i already have 5 people signed up! woohoo!!!!

1. How does the Mystery Host Show work?

The Mystery Host Show is a fun and unique way to earn free products from Pampered Chef. When you attend the show, you will be entered into a drawing to become the "mystery host." If your name is drawn, you will receive all the host rewards from the show, which can include free products, discounts, and exclusive host-only items.

2. How can I participate in a Mystery Host Show?

To participate in a Mystery Host Show, all you have to do is attend the show and place an order. Each order you place will give you one entry into the drawing to become the mystery host. The more orders you place, the higher your chances of winning!

3. What are the benefits of hosting a Mystery Host Show?

Hosting a Mystery Host Show not only allows you to earn free products, but it also gives you the opportunity to invite your friends and family to experience the amazing products from Pampered Chef. Plus, as the host, you will also receive exclusive host rewards and discounts on your own purchases.

4. Can I still earn host rewards if I don't win the Mystery Host drawing?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards even if you don't win the Mystery Host drawing. As long as your total party sales reach a certain amount, you will qualify for host rewards, which can include free products and discounts.

5. Is there a limit to how many Mystery Host Shows I can attend?

No, there is no limit to how many Mystery Host Shows you can attend. Each show is a new chance to become the mystery host and earn free products. However, keep in mind that only one entry per person per show is allowed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • alidafrizzell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • amgreen66