• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Adjusting to Life's Surprises: A Rant about Moving Again - My Experience

In summary, Amy is moving around a lot and is experiencing some frustrations with her promotional efforts. She has been given several good ideas by other community members, and is hoping that they will work out for her.
Amyskitchen2
Hello all... I rarely post here but I figure you all would be the most understanding of my little rant.

We recently moved to a new state. Literally, unloaded the last box and evacuated for the Hurricane. Now everything is back to normal. So I have settled in and unpacked, marketed the heck out of my business. Received a call from 3 people to host shows... everything going great. My lovely DH calls today saying he will be home this weekend, why I ask, he is not due home for 3 wks. Well, even though he just reported a few weeks ago, a unit is in need of him so we will be moving yet again in a month. ARGH.... My frustration is that I just spent all that time and $$ marketing myself and now I can't even fulfill the commitments I made and need to do the whole shebang again in a few weeks in a new state. .... I love my life! no really I do!

Thank you for reading.

Well that sucks@!:eek:

Any way you could at least see if the people who wanted to have shows could schedule while you're still there? Then see if you can't recruit one of them to take over what you've started. Then you'll at least get something out of it.

So sorry! That must be so frustrating. :( I wonder if those hosts would consider doing a catalog show with you instead. Or maybe start their own biz! :D

Gosh Amy, think is a lemon of a situation. Seriously, I am so sorry however I have just read where you have been given some excellent alternatives by these two fantastic ladies that I truly hope will work out for you! Remember, the marketing stuff is a tax write-off.
Hugs to you!

I am so sorry for you! pchockeymom had a great idea though-try to recruit one...that would definitely help. Hugs to you!

babywings76 said:
So sorry! That must be so frustrating. :(

I wonder if those hosts would consider doing a catalog show with you instead. Or maybe start their own biz! :D

My suggestion exactly!

I would secure a location and do 1 show and have the ladies interested invite their friends you work 1 day get 3 shows submit them and maybe recruit the host

I would definitely call the hosts and talk to them. Ask if they would like to move up their shows just a few weeks. A close-show can be a very successful one- all she has to do it make sure she INVITES the guests. My newest team member has had several this way (4 in less than a week!) and she did great.As far as recruiting the host(s), great idea....
Or recruit one of the guests! Let them know when you are talking about the business, that if someone from that show decides they want to give it a try, they can have the bookings from that show to get them started. I'd ask the host first during your coachings and then just before the show ("Have you given it anymore thought? I'm leaving so this could launch your business...even if it's just to pay for some Christmas gifts this year?!") Then really talk it up at the show also, if the host doesn't bite. That would at least make the expenses of the marketing worth your while! :)

Vent away! I know you love your life. It's normal to be frustrated. As others have suggested, contact hosts and suggest switching to an earlier date or a catalog show. Hope this move is a smooth one.

1. What is "Just Venting a Little" all about?

"Just Venting a Little" is a line of products from Pampered Chef that specializes in kitchen tools designed for releasing steam and pressure while cooking. These products are perfect for preventing spills and messes in the kitchen.

2. What types of products are included in the "Just Venting a Little" line?

The "Just Venting a Little" line features a variety of products such as the Vent 'N Serve containers, the Quick Cooker, the Quick Cooker Deluxe, and the Microwave Pasta Cooker. Each of these products is designed to make cooking and venting steam easier and more convenient.

3. Are the "Just Venting a Little" products safe to use?

Yes, all of our "Just Venting a Little" products have been rigorously tested and are safe to use in the kitchen. They are made with high-quality materials and are designed to withstand high temperatures and pressure.

4. Can I use the "Just Venting a Little" products in the microwave?

Yes, the "Just Venting a Little" line includes several products that are safe to use in the microwave, such as the Microwave Pasta Cooker. However, be sure to follow the specific instructions for each product to ensure safe and proper use.

5. How do I clean and care for the "Just Venting a Little" products?

To clean the "Just Venting a Little" products, simply wash them with warm soapy water and dry them thoroughly. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers. For certain products, such as the Quick Cooker, there are specific cleaning instructions included in the user manual. It is also important to regularly check for wear and tear and replace any damaged products for safety reasons.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brandie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
supermom
  • milkangel
  • General Chat
Replies