• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do Fundraisers Really Benefit the Organization or Just Tupperware?

In summary, the community / customer service / helping others with their needs message is important. When you make it about them, you can see enormous sales and terrific return customers.
maddy123
ok, I may be totally wrong but the message I am getting is when you do a fundraiser PC takes our comission to pay?
They are saying they donate but it is really the consultant?
There are no free products, 1/2 price , just the monthly special?
I have been reading a lot and just dont see the reasoning.
We could do a catalogue party for the organization, donate 15% and get all the benefits?
I just dont understand how they make sense.
Please dont take this as me being rude just very confused.
I would love any answers.
If it makes a difference I am in Canada.
Thanks

The lack of host benefits is what covers a lot of the donation. HO doesn't take away all your commission for a FR, but there is a reduction. However, the FR sales will count toward your monthly totals, which may push the rest of your commissions that month up a level. And FRs do count toward any monthly incentives.You are correct, the only host benefit that the chairperson receives is the monthly bonus.
Many consultants have pointed out over the years that if you're doing a FR for an organization that needs kitchen tools, it's better to do a standard cooking show and let them use the host benefits to get those tools.

Yes, our commission on FRs is either 15% (if you have not made career total of $5,000 yet) or 17% if your career sales are over $5,000. The good thing is that sales do count toward the monthly totals as Ann said. I also is good PR. I usually donate an additional 5% of my own funds as a good will gesture and the PR.

Just a small correction, your FR commission is 15%, or 17% if your career sales are over $15,000.

Fundraisers don't make "sense", from a money-making standpoint. Many direct sales companies don't even do them. Instead, get you head around what will make more customers...Community / customer service / helping others with their needs.When you make it about them, you can see enormous sales and terrific return customers.Those customers and their future sales make sense - and dollars!

Thank you all so much for exlaining.
I was really having a difficult time trying to make sense of it all.

so the charity is only getting the money that I am contributing from my comission.(the reduction)
PC isnt contributing at all then and taking away the host benefits?

No. The charity gets a percentage based on the total guest sales. It's more than the "loss" from your commission. They get an amount roughly equivalent to HO's cost for the usual host benefits.The numbers may be slightly different in Canada, but here in the US it breaks down as follows:
Guest sales $599.99 or less, organization gets 10%
Guest sales $600.00 or more, organization gets 15%For comparison, a $1000 show host gets $215 in free product, 4 half price items, and a 30% discount. We'll eliminate the monthly bonus from the computations, since the FR chairperson is still entitled to that. After commissions and overrides to your upline, HO probably comes out even on items purchased at a 30% discount. And they're probably pretty close to that on the half-price items. So let's eliminate those, too. What's left is the free product value. Those $215 in products probably cost HO $86, which is 40% of $215. The $1000 FR nets the organization a check for $150 - MORE than the cost of the show host freebies. So HO cuts commissions on FRs by a few percentage points so that they aren't losing money on them.Make sense?Some consultants CHOOSE to offer more money to the organizations, because many groups won't even consider a fundraiser that offers less that 40 or 50%. Adding 5% still won't bring the donation up to that level, but it helps. You are under no obligation to give the group anything above the check from HO.

Last edited:
chefann said:
Just a small correction, your FR commission is 15%, or 17% if your career sales are over $15,000.

Ooops, you are of course right. A slip of the keyboard. Don't know why I put 5000 vs the correct 15000.

I figured, but I didn't want a new consultant to think the $5000 number was correct.

I found this helpful in understanding how fundraisers work.

Attachments

• Nancy Jo Ryan Fundraising tips.doc
    37.5 KB · Views: 459
There is another reason too for the donation amount. It is simply that PC refuses to MARK UP the price of our products to make the 40% or more avaialble for those fundraisers.
For example. A candy bar costs a group 50 cents each. They in turn sell them for $1. 50% profit. We however sell our Food Chopper at $29.50 doing a regualr party but we sell it for $29.50 on a fundraiser. See - no mark up! I think that was because PC decided that it was better to be honest with our pricing rather than duping the public with outrageous mark ups. And how do you justfy selling a $29.50 Food Chopper for $59 so a group can make 50%?

I know for sure that Tupperware does fundraisers and what you pay from their fundraising catalog (because it is different than a catalog you would see if you went to a show) is more than their normal catalog. So they are inflating their already overinflated prices to help cover what they are giving the organization doing the fundraiser.

For example, if my explanation didn't make sense. If you went to a party and bought a bowl from them for 35 dollars, if it is in the fundraising catalog you are probably going to pay 45 for it.

PCMomto4 said:
I know for sure that Tupperware does fundraisers and what you pay from their fundraising catalog (because it is different than a catalog you would see if you went to a show) is more than their normal catalog. So they are inflating their already overinflated prices to help cover what they are giving the organization doing the fundraiser.

For example, if my explanation didn't make sense. If you went to a party and bought a bowl from them for 35 dollars, if it is in the fundraising catalog you are probably going to pay 45 for it.

This is coincidental but I was at a Tupperware Party last night. She explained the items in the Fundraiser Catalog are items not available in the regular catalog and the donation is 40% of sales. However, the prices in the regular catalog were so high I would hate to see how much they were in the fundraiser catalog! I am so glad PC doesn't inflate the prices but it would be nice to have a higher percentage go to the cause/group.

Its been a few years since my daughters preschool did a tupperware fundraiser, and true some of the things that were in the fundraising catalog weren't in the main catalog but a few of the popular items, like some of the tumblers and what not were in both of them. But maybe it has changed over the past few years. But their prices for the fundraising items were even more inflated than they regular catalog items, scary isn't it.

1. What is "Just Trying to Understand"?

"Just Trying to Understand" is a new line of kitchen tools and gadgets from Pampered Chef that are designed to make cooking and baking easier and more efficient. These tools are perfect for both novice and experienced chefs who want to simplify their kitchen tasks.

2. What makes "Just Trying to Understand" different from other Pampered Chef products?

Unlike other Pampered Chef products, "Just Trying to Understand" focuses specifically on tools and gadgets that help with meal prep and cooking. These items are made with high-quality materials and are designed with the busy home cook in mind.

3. Are "Just Trying to Understand" products dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of our "Just Trying to Understand" products are dishwasher safe. We understand that cleaning up after cooking can be a hassle, so we have made sure that our products are easy to clean and maintain.

4. Can I purchase "Just Trying to Understand" products in stores?

Currently, "Just Trying to Understand" products are only available for purchase through Pampered Chef consultants or through our website. However, we are constantly expanding and may have our products available in retail stores in the future.

5. Are there any recipes or cooking tips that come with "Just Trying to Understand" products?

Yes, each "Just Trying to Understand" product comes with a recipe or cooking tip card that provides ideas and inspiration for using the product in different ways. We also have a recipe section on our website where you can find more recipes and tips for using our products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedalaska
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedalaska
  • raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Hillary
  • krahema