1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Humor Just something funny

1. BettieC

BettieC Member Gold Member

We were watching CNN at work, and a story was on the scrolling ticker at the bottom of the screen.......it was about a pilot who landed a plane after a bird strike...............................well, one of my co-workers who was the furthest from the tv, says.........,.,what?? Pilot lands plane after stroke???!

That just hit me to be sooo funny.....PLEASE note I don't think having a stroke is funny, but just that she thought a pilot could safely land a plane after having one, just struck me as funny.

Jun 30, 2009
  2. The_Kitchen_Guy

The_Kitchen_Guy Legend Member Silver Member

There's a joke in here somewhere about a joystick.

3. That is funny. However, I thought of something other than a stroke when I read KG's post. Sorry that gutter-dwelling part of my mind tends to rear its head after midnight.
    One of the funniest news stories I have ever seen was one in our local paper several years ago. We have a mountain here called "Chunky Gal Mountain". There was a man who was arrested for soliciting etc. in that area and the headline of our local paper read: Man Arrested for Lewd Sexual Acts On Top of Chunky Gal. It even made Leno! I still get a chuckle when I think about it.

4. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Don't feel bad, Kelly. That's exactly where KG expected your mind to go. ;)

Jul 1, 2009
  5. I'm starting to realize that about him. Good to have a sense of humor like that....I feel right at home.

6. The_Kitchen_Guy

What, innocent little ol' me???

[​IMG]

7. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Don't look now, dear, but your halo is slipping. ;)

Jul 1, 2009
  8. Have a feeling innocent hasn't been used to describe you in eeeeeeeeeeeeeeons!

9. The_Kitchen_Guy

I resent that.

I'm not THAT old.

Hehehe

10. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Okay, I'm eating my breakfast cereal and had a hard time not sputtering out my food I was chuckling so hard. I mean, that headline is so crazy! :yuck::eek:

Jul 2, 2009
Have something to add?