• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Taking a Break from Pampered Chef: My Health, Finances, and New Beginnings

In summary, John took a break from Pampered Chef due to some health issues, and is now looking to get back into the party scene. Paige has been praying for John's return, and is hopeful that he will be back to his old self soon.
pampered1224
Silver Member
To those that I know and those who know what happened to me in 2005...
I am taking BIG break from Pampered Chef starting about a month ago. I have semi retired due to some major financial issues and my health. I got cellulitis again. I have been very ill for about a month, I was stuck in bed fro about two weeks, leg wrapped and about 3000 mgs of drugs for about a month. I get my last shot of Rocephrin on Friday and still have to keep up with Doxicycline for about two more weeks. My leg is all wrapped up and healing at this point but...
I decided since I didn't have any parties on books and that I really need to well health wise and work on this depression, now would be a great time to get my head out of my you know what, get my self in order and make a new start come March. Pat and I went through a very bad year - July 2008 to now - and I need to get my "house" in order. I may bop in and out of here once in a while but...
We BOTH had to file bankruptcy. He had $72,000 in debt and I was $42,000 in debt. And that is without the two mortgages and the car loan! With him being so sick last year and my never really getting caught up with medical bills that we charged from being sick in 2005, well, we had no choice. Even the lawyer said we could not possibly file a chapter 13 repayment plan. We went to several places and all of them said chapter 7.
I was working my PC business with a NEED to get that pay check so much so that it became a job and no fun. I got desperate to do parties and the more desperate I became, the harder it got to get parties. Then I started to go into a depression. Depression came from not knowing how we were gonna pay the bills but it also came about because I was getting sick and didn't know it yet. The infection started sometime in late June and was effecting me. I just had no real physical sings until September. Some of you may have noticed the lack of interest I had at National Conference. And here was the real clue that something was wrong. Every year for 8 years I get back from conference with quite a few bookings, I usually do about $4000 in sales in Aug, then taper down to $3000 in Sept, Oct. and end Nov in Dec with about $2000. Heck, I didn't book one party while at conference, and only had two parties from July 20th to September 30th. I even went inactive for September as I could not get the two parties I did have to close! I ended up on Cymablata. Then I got very sick on September 16th. So that's where I am and I won't be out here much for a while. I have friends who are going to do catty parties for me so I don't loose my career sales. Then come February, I will be back out here looking for some really great booking ideas! Luckily I know I can find them here! So, you all take care, have a great sales and I will "see" you in the spring!

Oh John, I'm so sorry to hear this. I love you boyfriend and I'll give you a call in the next few days when things calm down for me now that I'm home. Take care of yourself. Your health is the only important thing for you to focus on right now, everything else can wait.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear all of this. I also know that I don't know you that well but you have always had very inspirational posts on here. I wish you the best of luck with everything you have going on. That's great you have such supportive friends keeping you active. I'm not really a prayer but positive thoughts are being sent your way. Good luck

((((((Hugs))))))

Good for you for recognizing the need you have to get yourself better. You know everyone here is going to be waiting for you to come back.

John, I wish you all the best. It sounds like you're seeking the help you need. I pray comfort and blessing on you as you rest, reorder, and recuperate.

Blessings to you! We'll keep you in our prayers.

May God bless you with healing, in every area of your life. You have been so faithful to
praying for Paige's return, if I have remembered you correctly. Let's pray now, that you return to being your healthy, happy ole self. Aren't you the Antique Auto Guy too?

John, so sorry to hear of all of this. Take care, be well. See you soon! :)

John, I've been thinking about you since I saw you at National. You did seem a bit tired...sorry to hear you're having a hard time, but kudos to you for figuring it out!!!Do you need some Choffy to cheer you up?

BIG HUGE hugs to you and Pat, John!!

John, sorry to hear that you're going through this. I'm consoled, though, by the fact that you are able to recognize what needs to be done and you're doing it. You'll be in my prayers for healing!

John, so sorry to hear about all this. I had cellulitis 3 years ago and had to have surgery--try to take one day at a time. We'll be here when you get back--and don't feel like you have to stay away because you are not active. Drop in and hear what's going on anyway so that when you DO come back you'll be up to speed!

John, you are in my prayers. Just take it easy and keep the faith! He will help you through this.

Take care of yourself and keep us posted.

I wish you a quick and easy recovery from your medical issues. Hopefully this hiatus will be just the thing to find yourself and your happiness again. (((hugs)))

Praying for you lots here in TN! Just left you a voicemail too! So sorry you are sick! Depression is a rough thing to deal with...been there in my own life so know it's hard!

I will call you. We need to talk. :)

{{Hugs}} to you. You already have taken a step in the right direction to move forward. Prayers to you & yours.

Sending prayers and blessings.

Hang in there John! Sending you good vibes - hope you feel and get better soon!

Hugs. I will also send you a PM because there are some things I don't want to post here.

You will be missed, John. I'm sending good thoughts your way.

John, I hope you drop by to visit once in awhile, and let us know how you're doing. I wasn't around in 2005, but I know you have always been a wealth of information, and a positive voice here. I will also be praying for your health, as well as Pat's, and for wisdom regarding your finances.

John, get feeling better. Dont stay away from here to long.

Left you a message! CS is my therapy, so don't be a stranger!

I'll also be adding you to my prayers. I have not known you long, but I do remember your easy acceptance of me. It was most appreciated, and showed your kind nature. Your posts are always full of fun and great advice, and I am hoping you get well sooner than later. I love that you'll be able to remain active while you get everything in order. Will be waiting for your return, in the Spring, when all things renew and are ready to bloom....just as you'll be. Take Care & God Bless!

Bumping up....

Well, today is a new day!! I am so glad I did NOT out and out quit PC. I just got laid off after 10 years! So PC is my full time for the time being!!!

I will be out here a lot now looking for great booking ideas and well, whatever else I can find. It is 4:43 p.m. and I have been home since 1 p.m. I still have NOT told Patrick! He is gonna just die!

Wish me luck!

yeeesh, good luck!!

Bless your heart! Maybe that is why you just couldn't walk away! Just think, you can't get "laid off" or "downsized" or "fired" from PC! AND You have the best boss in the world! LOL! Still keeping you in my prayers!

Thanks! Chefgirl2 was a wonderful help. A special PM from her and as I was explaining I realized what a great opportunity I have. Because we filed bankruptcy, and my unemployment will be enough to cover the bills I have left, yeah I need insurance but I NOW HAVE THE AWESOME OPPORTUNITY to do Pampered Chef full time! I always wanted to and well, whether by my choice or circumstance, I got my chance. Thanks to Chefgirl2 - I know I will be OK!!
Thanks everyone!!!

As Martha would say, THIS IS A GOOD THING!

I am so excited!!!

And I have a gimick but I will not disclose it yet but it has to do with New Years Resolutions!

John, I am thrilled that you are taking control! I am working on it myself. I have decided to get a part time retail job so I have something steady coming in. I think it will be good for PC because it will take a little pressure off AND I willreally broaden my circle of people.

John, I am sorry to hear that you got laid off. But I am also happy to hear that you are going to take this opportunity and make PC work for you. Best wishes with PC

I'm with the others. I'm so glad you have PC to get you through.

John, so sorry to hear about all the challenges you've had lately. Glad you have PC - it does work as a full-time income....and you don't have to put in 40 hours a week. :)

John,

I have to share your quote...and the finished quote that I have on my facebook profile quote:

When one door closes another one opens.

When one door closes another one opens, but it may be hell in the hallway.

This business rocks!! It's when we have doubts and don't open the next door that we are lingering in that hallway.

Well, I am going to try very hard to stay out of that dang hallway! For a year and a quarter I have been standing in there and believe me, it was worse than it was in High School!! Anne - I sure as heck hope things are looking better for you too. The situation is actually funny as I never would have thought I would act like this. I will admit, I got calls from co-workers yesterday who were POd. I told them it was not my bosses decision. (Then of course I broke down for about a half an hour and cried. Not because of job loss or the uncertainty but rather because I really gonna miss a lot of people over there.) The CEO told him. The money people are getting let go. Those of us who were there 10 or more years and make too much are being let go. It sounds bad but I STILL think they won't be around much longer. I know they are bleeding money and they can't do enough fast enough. I had a dream about being let go about a month ago. I had a dream about 6 months ago that somewhere before winter is over, UMC will be gone. I don't wish them ill but we are a mortgage company after all.
It is so funny though as I did a party today and 5 of the people there are ladies that Pat and I go to breakfast with about once a month. And we have for about 4 years now. They never knew what was going on and well, we never said anything but one of the ladies said how much happier we both seemed. Now, this is 3 days AFTER getting laid off and I am happier! And we saw them last month before it happened! So apparently unemployment actually agrees with me! destiny is calling me. I have no idea where to but dang it I am going for the ride and I am going to enjoy it! Anne - you gotta do it too! You are way younger than I am so you got more options. Keep your eyes and ears way open. You never know where that open window may be. You just have to have the courage to try.

You made me cry! I wonder how I will survive this; how Dave & I will survive this. I sent you a PM, could really use to talk to you in person but phone will have to do.

John, I adore you! Thank you for the hope you have given me.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • crisbm103
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies