• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I make the most of my first month as a new Pampered Chef consultant?

In summary, the 5 most frequently asked questions about making the most of your first month as a new Pampered Chef consultant include strategies for maximizing sales and bookings, building a strong customer base, promoting your business, and accessing resources and support. The most important thing to focus on during your first month is building relationships with customers. It's also important to establish systems and routines, attend conferences and training events, and utilize resources and support available for new consultants.
MomToEli
Woohoo! I was able to sign my agreement online today (had to wait for my show to hit)! I have 7 cooking shows and 2 catalog shows booked, have my list working and am gathering ideas.

I'm really looking forward to this!

What is this most important thing I should be doing to get my business off to a fast and healthy start? Are there any systems I should put in place right from the git-go -- things you wish you would have done as you look back?

I'm already planning on going to NC - Wave 1. I'm going to a gathering at my ED home the end of this month. We don't have cluster meetings, but my director works with us one on one as we ask (too many cluster meetings of no one showing up, I'm afraid).

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

WELCOME - You are off to a great start!

Welcome!
Put the 3-2-1 system into place right away and it will become the best "habit" for your business.3 Contacts a day 5 days a week
2 Shows a week
1 new recruit a monthTake all the online training courses
Observe at least 2 other consultant's shows
Go to your team meetings and take the Step Up to Director Course when your director or Exec offers it.

Welcome!!! We're glad to have you as part of our virtual cluster.

Sounds like you've got a good plan, and you've already received excellent advice. The only thing I would add is have lots of fun. Seriously, the more fun you're having, the more fun your guests will have.

Welcome and good luck!

Welcome, sounds like you are starting off great!

Congrats and enjoy our virtual cluster. Make sure you've signed up for the debit and/or credit card asap so you can submit using P3.

Congratulations! You are off to a great start...

My advice ~

Keep on bookin' em! They're the MEAT of your business ~

With your excitement ~ SHARE the opportunity! Ask someone to learn with you! Excitement is contagious ~ you could be a Director in no time with your excitement ~ RECRUITING is the POTATOES of your biz!

Good luck!

Ginny

Evelyn made some great tips! I would recommend following those. I wish I kept my excitement and use of the phone up. If I was in a schedule of doing it, then maybe now wouldn't be so hard :) and ask for referrals if anyone from your list of 100 says no, this way you won't run out of leads! Good luck and Congratulations on starting your own business!

Welcome to CS and to PC!

Everyone has given you great advice! Good luck on your new business!

Welcome!! Everyone offered great tips!! :) I am at the end of my 2nd month with PC and I am really enjoying it. I just moved so its like I'm starting all over again! Need to get those leads going and get some shows of my own going, but sounds like you are ready for a great start!!

Welcome! I'd make sure you stay in contact with your director/recruiter...attend monthly meetings if you can. If you can't, there are good ideas and great people here!

I started six months ago and, like you, had a strong schedule from the get-go. My advice: maintain balance and perspective.

This business will enrich your life tremendously...just watch for signs that it doesn't become your life! (Speaking from experience :eek: )

Okay, off my soap-box...here's some practical tips:

Establish 'business mgmt time': It's easier to stay focused on customers and shows, but set aside time for doing the admin stuff. Wish I had established this habit/priority earlier.

Tax Deductions: It'll probably be a couple months before you find a tracking system that works for you. In the meantime, still capture your deductable expenses. Even if it's just jotted notes in a day-planner. Also, have a place for receipts you haven't logged in and one for those you have. P3 has an EXCELLENT expense tracking log (wish I had leveraged the software better in the beginning...now I am trying to catch-up).

Mileage: If constantly logging your odometer doesn't work for you, try noting your PC related trips in your planner. I do this and then go back during admin time and pull up the mileage via mapquest. I've just starting using a spread sheet that has the date, to and from, distance, and purpose of trip (ie, host coaching, show, buy groceries).

Costs: Ink for printing is a real money drain (esp colored ink). Instead of the PC host/guest special flyers (from CC), try using some of the great flyers here.

Cancellations/low shows: They are going to happen; it's part of the business. Sometimes, it's because of something we do or don't do, but other times it just simply "is". Accept it, bless it, and then release it (as Rae so wisely advises).

ChefSuccess: Incredible ideas and amazingly supportive people. It's also addicting! :eek: If you find yourself spending too much time here at first, set a timer (a PC one, of course) and limit your sessions. It will force you to focus on the business-related side.....we'll all be here when you come back up for air and can actually post and chat.

Yikes, sorry this is so long! This is a great business....best decision I made in awhile...just wish I had made it sooner!!!!!

Wow! Thanks for the welcomes and the advice! I really do appreciate it :D

I really do like my Director. She has been with the company several years, is knowledgeable yet honest enough to let me know what she doesn't know and get me in touch with the person who can help me. And, she blessed me with a year and a half of her Director's Editions of the Pampered Chef Consultant News! I'm in heaven here :D

I have other questions that are popping up, but will post them in the appropriate places. Thanks so very much for the warm welcome.

BTW, I really need to heed the timer suggestion - this place IS addictive!

Oh, one other thing - I submitted my application yesterday morning and received my dates/consultant number last night! Now THAT is a fast turn-around time! :D

What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "How can I make the most of my first month as a new Pampered Chef consultant?

1. How can I maximize my sales and bookings during my first month as a Pampered Chef consultant?2. What are the best strategies for building a strong customer base in my first month?3. Are there any specific products or bundles that tend to sell well for new consultants?4. How can I effectively market and promote my business during my first month?5. What resources or support are available to help me succeed in my first month as a Pampered Chef consultant?

What is the most important thing I should be doing to get my business off to a fast and healthy start?

The most important thing you can do to get your business off to a successful start is to focus on building relationships with your customers. This means providing excellent customer service, following up with potential and current customers, and consistently promoting your products and business.

Are there any systems I should put in place right from the git-go -- things you wish you would have done as you look back?

Yes, it's important to establish systems and routines early on in your business. This can include creating a schedule for booking and holding shows, setting goals and tracking your progress, and staying organized with customer information and orders. Additionally, it's helpful to have a plan in place for managing your finances and keeping track of expenses.

What are the benefits of attending NC - Wave 1 as a new consultant?

Attending NC - Wave 1 is a great opportunity for new consultants to learn about the company, products, and business strategies from experienced leaders and successful consultants. It's also a chance to network and connect with other consultants, gain valuable insights and tips, and feel inspired and motivated to grow your business.

What support and resources are available for new consultants?

As a new Pampered Chef consultant, you have access to a wide range of support and resources. This includes your upline Director, who can provide guidance and assistance, as well as training and educational materials through the company's online training center. There are also various online communities and forums where you can connect with other consultants and share ideas and advice. Additionally, attending conferences and training events can provide valuable support and resources for your business growth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crisbm103
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ChefGwendolyn
  • AngelaM
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kari L Ferrell