• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Clean Up Shattered Glass: Tips for Removing Glass Safely and Quickly

In summary, the best way to dispose of shattered glass is to carefully sweep up the larger pieces and use a damp paper towel or cloth to pick up any smaller fragments. It is not recommended to use a vacuum to clean up shattered glass. If you accidentally step on or touch broken glass, wash the affected area with soap and warm water and seek medical attention if needed. It is not safe to use your hands to pick up shattered glass, and to prevent glass from shattering, handle glassware carefully and regularly check for cracks or chips.
WLMcCoy
I just shattered my bottle of Spicy Pinapple Sauce!! Luckily, I had just put my 18 month old down for a nap. I swept up the glass & vacuumed around the area, but I keep stepping on TINY pieces. Does anyone have any tricks to getting glass of the floor before my daughter wakes up & gets cut!!

Something I have done in the past, is use something wet. Like some wet paper towels or a swifter. It should pick it up better than dry...HTH

I've always been told a wet cotton ball, q tip or swiffer (depending on amount of glass). Like Ginger said though, make sure it's wet! Good luck

microfiber towel

I use an old sock that can be thrown away
get it wet and then wipe the area

Swiffer, then wet paper towels on the swiffer head over the area again.

Wipe the area with a fresh piece of bread.

Last edited:
Thank you all so much! I wiped it w/ a wet paper towel, then used my Swiffer Wet Jet & just to be safe, tried the piece of bread! It's been a few hours & no one has "found" a piece yet! YAH!!

Thanks again!!

What is the best way to dispose of shattered glass?

The safest and most efficient way to dispose of shattered glass is to carefully sweep up the larger pieces and use a damp paper towel or cloth to pick up any smaller fragments. Place the glass in a paper or plastic bag and seal it before throwing it in the trash.

Can I use a vacuum to clean up shattered glass?

No, using a vacuum to clean up shattered glass is not recommended. The suction can cause the glass to become airborne and potentially cause injury or damage to the vacuum. It is best to sweep or use a damp cloth to clean up the glass.

What should I do if I accidentally step on or touch broken glass?

If you have accidentally stepped on or touched broken glass, wash the affected area with soap and warm water. If there are any pieces of glass stuck in your skin, use tweezers to carefully remove them. If the cut is deep or bleeding heavily, seek medical attention.

Is it safe to use my hands to pick up shattered glass?

No, it is not safe to use your hands to pick up shattered glass. The sharp edges can easily cut your skin and cause injury. Always use a broom, dustpan, or a damp cloth to clean up shattered glass.

How can I prevent glass from shattering in the first place?

To prevent glass from shattering, avoid placing hot or cold items directly on glass surfaces. Make sure to handle glassware and dishes carefully and avoid stacking heavy items on top of them. It is also important to regularly check for any cracks or chips in glassware and replace them if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lkprescott
  • gilliandanielle
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Braedensmom
Replies