• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just Moved- Potential Bookings in Complex?

In summary, the author suggests ways to get bookings for live events by reaching out to the residents of the complex, advertising on the car and apartment door, and hosting a mini show.
blueikaos
So I have been thinking that since I moved, it may be a great way to find potential bookings!
The complex is pretty big, but I don't have access to any other building but my own, (mailboxes are not in reach either)

What are some ways I can reach out to the residents to get my name out there?
Flyers on cars?
Mail postcards (although I'm afraid that will get pricey)

Use consultant in neighborhood flyer and ask front office to post in their area. Look for community boards and zones to post as well. If you have a clubhouse, schedule a "kick off" show and see if it can be announced in the community newsletter.

Ask the front office if it's possible for a mini catalog to be delivered to each mailbox.

If anything, start by leaving invite or mini catalog in your building. There's bound to be a couple of nibbles with one building.

Good luck!

It's an older complex. We have locked entrances (each entrance houses 8-12 apartments)We don't have any clubhouses or common areas, other than the laundromat. (Which I can leave info there)I like the mini catalog idea being delivered to each mailbox- I can ask that!

Could you maybe put up a small table (I mean small like a plant stand or something) just inside the door of your building and put some catalogs and your business cards on it or something? A new object would likely grab peoples attention quickly and they could grab a catalog on their way in the door.

Also, do you have advertising on your car and apartment door? That could help.

Good luck!!!

The car is a good idea.
I can get a sticker for it!I will make up some flyers for my building. There are 7 other apartments other than mine. I can probably put it in the bin where the "general" mail goes.I wish there was a way to get in touch with the whole complex without being annoying or illegal. haha

Do be careful. Nearly all my experiences with apartment folks have been lots of bark and no bite. I did a well-promoted demo for a high end unit and had only 4 show up. I did a big deal demo with mini cats to all 160 units and had a crowd of 14 but rental office booted us out to pool not to take up their show kitchen. At same space, rental office delayed a consequent scheduled show b/c they redid their show kitchen...cost me 160 mini cats, from bumping a show from late summer into fall. I sent them a bill - has not been paid. Finally, I did a demo for another complex of 210 units, had lots and lots of looky-loos, only $200 in sales and the hostess (manager of apts) would never give me her order - 2 weeks after I went to her work to collect the order or tell her I was just going to order my best guess for her, hope she liked my ideas..., one of her gal pals in the mgmt office went off on me b/c she hadn't received her product yet I had deposited her check. I explained the show hadn't even been sent in since her colleague never gave me her order. She was just rude, explaining her DH worked in bank and this was check fraud (NOT!) I gave her her money back and just ordered the host the simplest items. One person booked a show from that, and it turned into some kind of cooking competition - they were floored when I handed out catalogs. (She figured I was just sharing how-to-cook tips) then a guy got up and started cooking foods from their culture. (twilight zone music should've started at that point)It comes down to Host Coaching and getting people in attendance. Potential buyers watching an actual show = real results. Don't leave it up to chance of a mini catalog on someone's mailbox or doorstep. Go pound the pavement. Split the complex up with your host and knock on doors, make the contacts, get the folks to show up. Ask for the contact info of residents so you can send them reminders.

Last edited:
Wow Scott, those are some pretty bad experiences.

If there was a way I could get to these people's apartments, I would knock on doors.
Each section of apartments is locked.

I am going this Saturday to talk to the woman in the office about handing out my info.

Most complexes have a no solicitation rule so be sure to check on that too. Best bet is to make friends there and then use word of mouth. Tell those you do meet that you'd love to meet others and encourage them to bring 2-3 friends (person who brings the most buying guests gets a prize or something).

Hang out at the common areas (parking lot, laundry area, is there a playground for the kids?) and just start conversations: "I'm new here. Anything I should know about the area? What's around here to do?" Then after a bit of chit chat say that you really want to get to know people and to help you with that you wanted to do a PC party and ask them if they'd be interested and if they knew people they could bring with them. Never start a conversation to a stranger with "I sell..." or anything like that.

Good ideas, Beth! Thank you.

1. Can I host a Pampered Chef party in my new apartment complex?

Yes, you can absolutely host a Pampered Chef party in your new apartment complex! Our consultants are happy to bring our cooking and kitchen products directly to your complex for a fun and convenient party experience.

2. How do I go about booking a Pampered Chef party in my apartment complex?

To book a party, simply reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant and let them know you are interested in hosting a party in your apartment complex. They will work with you to find a date and time that works best for you and your neighbors.

3. Do I need to provide anything for the party?

No, you do not need to provide anything for the party. Your Pampered Chef consultant will bring all of the necessary materials and products for the demonstration. However, if you would like to provide snacks or beverages for your guests, you are more than welcome to.

4. Can I earn free products by hosting a party in my complex?

Yes, as a party host, you can earn free products based on the sales from your party. The more your guests purchase, the more free products you can earn. Your Pampered Chef consultant will go over the host rewards program with you in more detail.

5. Are there any special discounts or promotions for hosting a party in an apartment complex?

Yes, there are often exclusive discounts and promotions for hosting a Pampered Chef party in an apartment complex. Your consultant will inform you of any current offers when you book your party. These discounts and promotions may vary depending on your location and the time of year.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jengillette
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • keyssizzler
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
keyssizzler
  • babywings76