• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Build My Business in a New City as a Busy Mom?

In summary, Erin Morris recommends trying to join your local Chamber of Commerce, visiting local realtors and bridal shops, sending letters/calling non-profit organizations, and canvassing your town and close ones with your name. She also recommends trying to get in on welcome baskets and business opportunities that are tied to your husband's military career.
Chef_Erin
I have a question ... I am 22 with 2 children (22 months and 6 weeks). My husband is in the military so I live no where near family ... my husband's coworker's wives are not very friendly so I have not met anyone (we just moved in January). How do I start selling?! I feel like I am at a big hard spot, I would love to sell but I am having a hard time getting my name out there ... any ideas??

Erin Morris
Malmstrom AFB
[email protected]

1) If you have the money to do so, check into joining your local Chamber of Commerce. Your name automatically will be put out there to all the local newcomers, as well as to the many businesses in the area. A lot of chambers offer advertising as well, and an "in" to any fairs or other events happening, which are usually very well worth the time and money to do.
2) Visit the local realtors and bridal shops. For the realtors, talk to them about the different products & item combinations they could get as gifts for their clients. At the bridal shops, ask if they'll pass out your card/catalog to their clients (wedding registry).
3) Send letters/call local non-profit organizations that may need to do some fundraising. (churches, schools, boys/girls clubs, cancer society, etc.) Keep an eye out for anyone that's in the local area going through some hardtimes that is in need of some fundraising; a family suffering through cancer, etc.
4) Canvas your town and some other close ones with your name.. plaster it EVERYWHERE. Put up "There's a new TPC consultant in the area!" flyers all over -- grocery stores, dr office, hairdressers, post office, community center, library, etc.
Good luck -- you've got a lot on your plate being in a new place with two little ones! I'm sorry that the wives are being so...unfriendly. Shower them with love and they'll probably come around eventually! :D

Erin,

I feel your pain!!! I know how hard it is to start over in a new area! Lucky for us, we get plenty of practice at it :p

I don't know if it is too late to try to put something together, but you may want to try a fundraiser for ACS in May. I know our DHs have to have a community service item on their performance reviews every year. He can count this if he were to help you out with it. This is a great way to get your name out as well as 'check another box' on your husband's EPR/OPR.

I don't know if you have a Booster Program or another organization on your base that would do support type things. I have gotten in on welcome baskets that our Key Spouses put in TLA for incoming troops. Also my husband can use the TOP 3 fundraisers as business potential for me and for his EPR's.

There are lots of flyers, invitations and ideas on this site. Search through the files and posts to find something that will work for you!

If you need any help from another military wife, even just a sounding board or brainstorming help feel free to PM me!!

From one mom to anotherGood Ideas Stephanie!! I was just going to day the same thing. It is the perfect time of year to start fresh because of Help Whip Cancer. Iam going to go around to local businesses and ask them to at least look through a catalog. What could be better than getting PC products and helping ACS. I think I will have a lot more confidence asking people to flat out order knowing that it is helping a good cause. Since you don't know anybody remind every single person that another $3 goes to ACS for booking a show. I'm sure if you really get out there and talk to people you will do great.As for your kids, I have the same problem. Mine are 27 months and 11 months. I do a lot of phone communication before I actually visit businesses. During nap time call a few doctor's offices or businesses and just ask if it would be okay to drop off a few catalogs. You will know whether they are interested or not right away. That narrows down who to give your catalogs to. Since you called ahead and they are expecting you, you can just run in 5 catties and 5 oof (or whatever amount) and leave the kids in the car if it is safe. I live in Alaska so it is alright to just run in. I just say- here is that packet that I talked to so-and-so about. Call me if you have any questions. Then you run back out to the car and move on. It isn't perfect parenting, but neither is not feeding your kids if you don't have any money!! My kids would rather eat I think LOL!I'm sorry it's so long, but I wanted to let you know how others manage it!!Gillian Wright
Wasilla, Alaska

Thanks so much for the ideas, they are great! I will put them to use!! Stephanie, where in Germany are you stationed? We just PCS'd from Ramstein AB and I miss it so much!! Thanks again girls!! If you have any other ideas, PLEASE email me!!

Hey Erin~
Try checking the base Family Service Center....they sometimes do craft fairs and home business fairs!!
We PCS'd last summer from Japan, after spending almost 8 years there. It was difficult to start over but once you get the ball rollling, of course things pick up!
Best of luck........

Have a Pampered Day!!

I moved my business from Las Vegas to St. Louis, I won't say it was easy but with some hard work and utilizing the ideas above it can be done. Also, make sure that you wear a PC shirt or have something PC with you everywhere you go. Talk to the checkout person at the grocery store, find a reason to go inside the bank to speak with the people there too. Do an open house for HWC in your neighborhood but invite people in person, don't just leave info for it...people are usually want to see what you have done with your house, it's a good excuse for them to come and see it.

1. How can Pampered Chef help me as a busy mom who just moved?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of products that can make meal prep and cooking easier and more efficient for busy moms. Our quick and easy recipes, versatile kitchen tools, and meal planning resources can help you save time and stress in the kitchen as you adjust to your new home.

2. What are some of the best Pampered Chef products for busy moms?

Our top products for busy moms include the Quick Cooker, which can cook meals up to 70% faster than traditional methods, the Veggie Spiralizer, which can help you create healthy meals in minutes, and the Food Chopper, which can quickly chop ingredients for easy meal prep.

3. I'm overwhelmed with unpacking and settling into my new home. How can I find time to cook?

Pampered Chef also offers meal planning resources, such as our Meal Planning Binder and Meal Prep Plan, that can help you plan and prepare meals ahead of time, freeing up time for other tasks. Additionally, our quick and easy recipes can be made in 30 minutes or less, perfect for busy moms.

4. I'm on a tight budget after moving. Are Pampered Chef products affordable?

Many of our products are affordable and designed to save you time, money, and energy in the kitchen. We also offer monthly specials and discounts, as well as a host rewards program, where you can earn free and discounted products by hosting a Pampered Chef party.

5. I'm new to cooking. Does Pampered Chef offer any resources for beginners?

Yes, we have a variety of resources for beginners, including our Quick Start Guide, which provides tips and tricks for using our products, and our online cooking classes, where you can learn new recipes and techniques from the comfort of your own home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• A Pampered Kitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • Mystik
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • Amy simpson