• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Inspiring Success with Phone Calls: What I Learned from Lucy

In summary, the speaker shares a personal experience of calling people they should have contacted months ago and finally getting in touch with them. One person blew them off, but another, Lucy, agreed to do a catalog show, which resulted in more sales. The speaker emphasizes the importance of sounding excited and confident when making the call and shares a script from a friend that helped them. The script involves asking about the weather and mentioning the new spring catalog with over 40 new products. The speaker also suggests setting a goal of 40-60 names for the host to invite and offers a free gift for those who can beat their previous party total. The overall message is to focus on the basics and be enthusiastic when making calls to book parties.
DebbieJ
Hey folks, just a little inspiration for you, I hope.

I pulled out some slips from a fair I did last fall. People who I should have called last November, but I'm finally getting to them now (2 moves and a medical procedure btwn then and now will do that :) )

Anyhoo....called a few lovely folks. I apologized for not being in touch and asked if they had a few minutes. One blew me off, I left a few messages, then I talked to Lucy. We had a fun conversation and now she is going to do a catalog show. So it's only a catalog show, but it's more sales than I had before I picked up the phone! :thumbup: :thumbup: And since I really want TPC in personal sales and I want to earn level 3, I'll take every little bit.

It's all about the basics, folks. I sucked it up, made the call, and got the booking. You can do it too. I'm going to paste here a script from my dear friend Ginny (kitchen2u) that helped me. I'm sure it will help you too.

---------------------------------------

1) So I called my FOR SURE WILL BOOK A PARTY first. Why? It gets my confidence up (up even after 6+ yrs, the phone phoba is still there ~ I'm NO different that YOU!)
2) You've got to sound EXCITED while talking to them ~ why? Who is their right mind wants to book a party with someone who is just talking in a polite/meek manner? What kind of party are YOU going to have? BE EXCITED!

Okay you've asked for scripts (you know you can get scripts right off of Consultant's Corner too ~ right?)

(anything in CAPS is a word(s) that I emphasize )

"Hey Suzy ~ this is Ginny, YOUR Pampered Chef lady! Do you have a few minutes? (wait for an answer)

Yes answer: (if the answer is no --> see my respond below)
"Great! Are you enjoying this incredible weather we're having? (wait, listen, and respond ~ reply if needed) "I'm just loving daylight savings and getting that extra hour to enjoy this incredible weather, aren't you?" (wait, listen, and respond)

[I'm asking questions that I'm expecting YES answers to ~ I want the YESES to come out of their mouths before I go for the kill! LOL]

"I just wanted to share with you that PC just came out with a AWESOME new Spring catalog LOADED with over 40 INCREDIBLE new products! We've got some YUMMY new recipes I'd love to share with you, your family and friends. Our new Sweet N Simple recipes are so much fun, we can have a FUN dessert tasting party ~ How's that sound ~" (wait, listen, and respond)

Yes answer ~ "FANTASTIC, I've got _____ and ____ available, which one works best for you?" (Make SURE you have the next 2 dates YOU want to book handy. If those two dates don't work, you can just work it out. Most of the bookings will take one of the two dates since they know I've got a busy schedule ~ even if I don't ~ I make it sound like I do (I'm not lying just make it sound like I'm busy) ~ CREATE THE SENSE OF URGENCY!!!)

"That's great ~ so I've got you on my calendar for _____@7:00 PM. I'll be sending you your host packet in the next few days. (or if they book months out, I'll tell them I'll send it a month before)."

"Between now and the time you get your host packet, there's ONE thing I want you do to. I want YOU to have a BEST party ever!" (If they're a repeat host, I'll challenge them to beat their last party total and offer a free gift if they do ~ I know you are going to ask me what I offer ~ depends...what the party total is. Usually I'll pay for something they've chosen to purchase that's worth 30% of their party total = $1000 party, she'll get a $20 product from me)
"Don't you?" (wait, listen, respond)
"Of course you do! Well, I'm going to tell you how to do it. Write down 40-60 names of your family and friends. Okay, don't freak out, because less than half will actually come. So this is the goal I want YOU to set for YOUR BEST PARTY EVER! Does that sound like something you can do?" (wait, listen, respond - if they have a hard time thinking of that many...I'll tell them I'll send them a sheet that will help them think of at least 50 ~ 50 guests in 5 minutes)

"Thanks Suzy for booking a party with me ~ I'm SOOOOOOO excited to see how much FREE and discount tools you'll be getting in your kitchen! As a thank you, I'll be sending you a GREAT recipe too!"

No answer:
First you want to clairfy ~ does "no" mean not now or never? I use those words too!
"No problem Suzy, but do you mean no, not right now or no never?" (wait, listen, respond)
"Do you know anyone who might want to have a party? Because I give referral gifts too!" (wait, listen, respond)
"Can I send you a new recipe? I'd love to share one with you" (wait, listen, respond ~ I ALWAYS want to end my conversation on a POSITIVE note ~ makes him/her not feel uncomfortable ~ plus the positive yes I'd like a recipe ~ gives you the yes answer you've been wanting! Make sense? You go on to the next call knowing he/she last answer was YES!)

I'm sure there are better scripts...the one on CCorner is great too! My BEST advice is

DO IT! and BE EXCITED when you make the calls

Booking don't come by osmosis! Good luck!

Thank you for sharing! I'm printing this and getting started tomorrow night making those calls! I have been so lazy for the past week! I HAVE to get moving or I am going to be so upset w/myself! I'm already upset I won't be getting the HWC tablecloth. BTW if anyone wants to sell theirs, please PM me:)! Hint, Hint!!

Thanks, this is the kind of boost I needed. I will get on the phone tomorrow! I will make my calls and I will earn conference at least half priced!

Sorry for thread hi-jacking, but what exactly is TPC & how do you earn it??

Go to CC, look under consultnat incentives, and choose Top Performance Cluster. It's all there.

Ooooo.... Deb... I :love: :love: :love: :love: you sooooo much right now! You posted this same script awhile back and I loved it then. But the brain cell was napping and I didn't flag it or print it or anything. I have been driving myself crazy for the past two weeks trying to find it... I could remember who posted it or where you got it or anything. This weekend I had given up on ever finding it again. Then, when I'm acutally supposed to be paying bills, I click "New Posts" and find this thread! I am sooooo glad you decided to remind us all again to make those calls because now I CAN!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You...

And Ginny... thank you for such wonderful words... I can actually say these words because they sound like me!

Now off to print this and save it in about 100 different locations on my computer so I never, ever, ever lose it again!:D

Tropicalburstqt2 said:
Sorry for thread hi-jacking, but what exactly is TPC & how do you earn it??

TPC is Top Performance Cluster...

There are different categories for TPC - personal sales, personal recruiting, developing directors, first line cluster sales, overall cluster sales and balanced business. There are different requirement for each one and they can all be found on CC.

The first time you earn TPC, you earn a ruby ring. Then each of the next six (or maybe seven) times you earn it, you have a diamond added to your ring. Then you move on to your diamond tennis bracelet and then onto a necklace.

katie0128 said:
Ooooo.... Deb... I :love: :love: :love: :love: you sooooo much right now! You posted this same script awhile back and I loved it then. But the brain cell was napping and I didn't flag it or print it or anything. I have been driving myself crazy for the past two weeks trying to find it... I could remember who posted it or where you got it or anything. This weekend I had given up on ever finding it again. Then, when I'm acutally supposed to be paying bills, I click "New Posts" and find this thread! I am sooooo glad you decided to remind us all again to make those calls because now I CAN!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You...

And Ginny... thank you for such wonderful words... I can actually say these words because they sound like me!

Now off to print this and save it in about 100 different locations on my computer so I never, ever, ever lose it again!:D
Yah, can someone bump this about 6:30 CST so I don't forget where it's at either!

Wadesgirl- You can find it by looking at threads you posted on or you can subscribe to it.

:D Thanks Deb! You wrote a great post!

Lisa

Deb, I just sent your post to my team, prefacing that it was a quote from "the consultant on the cover of the March CN" so they know it's good stuff! :love: Thanks!:chef:

Thanks Deb, just the kick in the hiny that I needed!
I am going to share this with my clustermates.
Thanks Ginny for the script.
You all are FABULOUS!!

Tropicalburstqt2 said:
Wadesgirl- You can find it by looking at threads you posted on or you can subscribe to it.
Katie already PM'd it to me so I don't forget!

thanks Deb & Ginny - just shared it with my team!!

Thank you! I just shared it with my team! :chef:

Thank you for this AWESOME and motivatonal thread. :D

Thanks so much!!! This is just what I needed! :thumbup: :D

My DD has been pretty sick this last week...and I haven't had a chance to get on the phone for almost 3 weeks :eek: due to various family illnesses and issues. I was looking at my calendar prior to logging on and thinking I needed to find time to get on the phone. March is a barren wasteland, which turned out to be a good thing with my DD's illness and commitments at the end of the month, but I really need to book up April, May, and beyond. I have 2 solid April bookings, 2 solid May bookings, 1 June, 2 in July, and 3 in August (repeat host - booking 6 months out). I need more!!! Now that the new spring catty is out, I can talk up our new products and new recipes!! If I want to use this to supplement DH's income and continue to stay at home, I've gotta get off my rear and get on the phone!!!

Thank you sooo much for the wording!! For a normally super chatty girl, I seem to develop phone phobia when calling about PC. This will definitely help. As a PP said, I can use it, b/c it sounds like me...not scripted like CC's are... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the pep talk!!

Thanks for sharing!! Motivational and helpful!
you rock!!

1. What is "Inspiring Success with Phone Calls: What I Learned from Lucy"?

"Inspiring Success with Phone Calls: What I Learned from Lucy" is a book written by Pampered Chef consultant, Lucy, about her experiences and lessons learned from making phone calls as a part of her business. In the book, she shares tips and strategies for using phone calls to build relationships and grow your business.

2. Why is making phone calls important for success in Pampered Chef?

Making phone calls is important for success in Pampered Chef because it allows you to personally connect with potential customers and build relationships. It also allows you to showcase the products and services offered by Pampered Chef, leading to potential sales and business growth.

3. What are some tips for making successful phone calls?

Some tips for making successful phone calls include: having a positive attitude, being prepared with information about the products and services, actively listening to the customer's needs, and following up after the call with a personalized message or thank you note.

4. How can I overcome my fear of making phone calls?

Overcoming fear of making phone calls can be challenging, but some strategies include practicing with a friend or family member, focusing on the benefits of the products and services, and reminding yourself of your goals and motivation for making the calls.

5. Can I still be successful in Pampered Chef without making phone calls?

While phone calls can be a powerful tool for success in Pampered Chef, they are not the only way to achieve success. You can also use social media, in-person events, and other marketing strategies to reach potential customers and grow your business. However, incorporating phone calls into your business strategy can be beneficial and help you build stronger relationships with your customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Bren706
  • lindsaym
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies