• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just Had My First Cooking Class!!

In summary, the Director did these all the time, so I finally decided to do one and it was a success! I sent out the email 1 week ahead, scheduled it for a weekday night, charged $25 for ingredients and $20 towards the purchase of PC products, and had 5 in attendance. I had the tools ready to go for each recipe, and everyone was able to try the Citrus Press and Juicer and Microplane.
kam
Staff member
My Director does these all the time. So I have been try to get up the nerve to do one and I finally did it!!!

I sent out the email 1 week ahead. I scheduled it for a weekday night. I charged $25 ($5 for ingredients and $20 towards the purchase of PC products).

We did the Triple Citrus Mojitos, Pina Colada Salad (on the Pineapple Corer U&C) and the Choc Caramel Pecan Cakes.

I had 5 in attendance. There is no way I could have more than 6. I can't really put more than 6 comfortably around the table. Each person had a cutting board and moist towel and I had the tools ready to go for each recipe.

Instead of having them break out in pairs to work on recipes individually, I decided to have the entire group work on each recipe. It worked out nicely since these recipes had enough zesting/juicing to be done that everyone had a shot to try these.

I ended up with $350 in orders!!!

Also, if someone wants to have a "private" class (they arrange the 5-6 attendees) I am telling them I will put them as host and they can get all the benefits of hosting. I have a gal who says she knows people who would like the cooking class - so I offered this option to her.

BUT, I did have a HUGE mess to clean up and I was SO tired today at work! But it was worth it and I can't wait to do another one. :)

That sounds Great! So the 20.00 towards the PC purchases, how did that work out?

That's GREAT! How did you do it exactly? Was it like an interactive demo just at your house??

Ginger428 said:
That sounds Great! So the 20.00 towards the PC purchases, how did that work out?

I was very clear about that in the email. Everyone spent atleast $20, in fact with 5 orders, I have $350. So that is an average of $70 order.

pckellyd said:
That's GREAT! How did you do it exactly? Was it like an interactive demo just at your house??
I guess it was like the interactive demo - but I haven't done those yet for a show. I haven't attempted one yet as it is hard for me to plan that without knowing the kitchen and number of guests. But in this case since class size is limited - everyone gets to REALLY contribute to each recipe. And since it was at my house, I was able to set everything up well. They did EVERYTHING, I only helped or explained.

When we did the Triple Citrus Mojitos, everyone got a bit of the mint to chop with a different knife. That really sparked conversations about the knives. And since there was a lot of zesting and juicing, everyone was able to try the Citrus Press and Juicer and Microplane. One gal was not familiar with the measuring cups, so I had her measure the soda & vodka.

When we did the Pecans for the Choc Cakes, there are enough Pecans to be grated that we were able to pass around the bowl with the nuts in the Rotary Grater and everyone could try it.

sounds cool... I might try this with some friends...

1. What dishes did you learn to make during your first cooking class?

During my first cooking class, I learned how to make a variety of dishes including a delicious pasta dish, a flavorful chicken stir-fry, a fresh salad, and a decadent dessert.

2. Did you have to purchase any special equipment or ingredients for the class?

No, all of the equipment and ingredients needed for the class were provided by Pampered Chef. However, if you enjoyed using a specific tool or ingredient during the class, you can purchase it through your consultant.

3. How long was the cooking class?

The cooking class typically lasts around 2 hours. This includes time for preparation, cooking, and enjoying the dishes together.

4. Can you share any tips or tricks you learned during the cooking class?

One of the best tips I learned during the cooking class was how to properly chop and dice vegetables to ensure even cooking. I also learned the importance of using fresh, quality ingredients for the best flavor.

5. How can I sign up for a cooking class with Pampered Chef?

You can easily sign up for a cooking class with Pampered Chef by contacting your consultant or visiting our website. Your consultant will work with you to choose a date and time that works best for you and your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DeannaK1022
  • noelskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Humble Beginnings
  • pattikake
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies