• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Starting as a Consultant: Tips and Timeline

In summary, Jessica recommends applying for the Pampered Chef Debit card as soon as you get your consultant number, opening a business account, and sending out a letter to prospective bridal show attendees.
Colonialchef
Hi everyone

I just signed my contract this weekend and ordered my kit. I have 2 book parties starting off and 4 house parties that have committed to me - just waiting for firm dates. All said they will check their calendars and give me a date. I know they will come thru i'm just a bit nervous till I actually have the dates marked down.

I'm so excited to get started.

How long does it take to get a consultant number so I can begin the next step?

Any advise would be wonderful too

Thanks for this site

Jean

My best advice is do the work. Which involves reading this forum (tons of great ideas), your manual, attending meetings, and working with your director.
Best of Luck!

This is my mantraPlan your work then work your plan!Good luck! :)

Consultant #Hi. It didn't take long to get the consultant number, maybe like a week, so hang in there it will be coming soon. Good luck, it is so much fun. I just started in January and I was the top seller in my cluster for the month. Woohoo. :D

Have fun with your shows!!

Jessica

Getting Started TipMy main suggestion is to firm up those people who need to check their calendars. It is your job to follow up with them they more then likely won't remember committing to a show.

Most of all have fun!! Don't stress. You always know more than they do!!

Good luck,
Chef Kearns

Remember to keep making the phone calls to get your bookings! Don't stop trying to schedule once you have scheduled your first six....keep it up! I made the mistake of not keeping it up and I regretted it. I booked my first six and booked off of those, but it wasn't the "consistency" that you need.

Just signed too!I just signed up on Friday and had my 1st "welcome call" which was informative...but I am also eager to get my Consultant number to access the web. I have my parties booked and they seem firm..but I don't know how to get more catalog shows booked...I have none so even one would be great. Any suggestions?? Thanks!

I have been a consultant for 3 weeks. Just to give you all an idea, I have my starter kit, that came quickly, and I got my consultant number in the mail fairly quickly, I would say in the first week or so. My advice is to apply for the Pampered Chef Debit card as soon as you get your consultant number and open a business account. Also, I took the names of the people who were in the paper whom have either recently gotten married, or engaged, and sent them info. I have 7 bridal shows booked just off this and 4 kitchen shows....just an idea!
Jenn

What a great idea - going through the engagements/weddings in the paper - I always pick up a new idea everytime I log on to this site! :cool:

Wording for prospective bridal show letter...Hi. I like the idea of going through the engagements. I got some names, now how should I word the letter. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.... :)

Jessica

I send them a page that is like a flyer telling them why they should consider a Pampered Chef Bridal Shower/Registry. I say "congrats on your recent engagement, as you think about places to register and things you need for the kitchen, consider having a Pampered Chef Bridal Shower/registry". Then I list all of the reasons such as....registry is accessable nationwide, you can update your registry online, registry available for 1 year, auto updates as purchases are made, every item has atleast a 1 year warranty, 10% off your registry items for 1 year that you purchase, free registry announcement cards, etc. Then I put my name, phone #, and e-mail on it and send it. If I don't hear from them in a couple of days, I will call to follow up. That is what usually works for me.

thanksThanks for the info!! :D

that is a great idea! Going to look at the paper today!

Love your tip!Hi this is Monica, I just signed up two days ago. I love the tip you gave about the newspaper
casualcook said:
I have been a consultant for 3 weeks. Just to give you all an idea, I have my starter kit, that came quickly, and I got my consultant number in the mail fairly quickly, I would say in the first week or so. My advice is to apply for the Pampered Chef Debit card as soon as you get your consultant number and open a business account. Also, I took the names of the people who were in the paper whom have either recently gotten married, or engaged, and sent them info. I have 7 bridal shows booked just off this and 4 kitchen shows....just an idea!
Jenn

Love your tip
My name is Monica and I just signed up 2 days ago. I love the tip about the newspaper. I was just wandering what kind of info did you send them. I would also like to know how you word the whole thing. I am very interested in doing the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

What is the "Just Getting Started" program?

The "Just Getting Started" program is a special offer for new consultants who are just starting their Pampered Chef journey. It includes a discounted starter kit and access to exclusive training and support to help you kickstart your business.

How do I sign up for the "Just Getting Started" program?

To sign up for the "Just Getting Started" program, simply visit the Pampered Chef website and click on the "Join" button. From there, you can select the "Just Getting Started" option and follow the steps to become a consultant.

What is included in the starter kit for the "Just Getting Started" program?

The starter kit for the "Just Getting Started" program includes a selection of our top-selling products, business supplies, and training materials. It also includes a 3-month subscription to our online training platform, as well as access to our consultant support team.

Do I have to meet certain sales goals to participate in the "Just Getting Started" program?

No, there are no specific sales goals to meet in order to participate in the "Just Getting Started" program. However, we do encourage all consultants to set achievable goals for themselves to help them grow their business.

How long does the "Just Getting Started" program last?

The "Just Getting Started" program lasts for 90 days from the date of enrollment. After that, you will have the option to continue your Pampered Chef journey by joining our regular consultant program.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Alicia Denman
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
texaschef1
Replies
Views
ughubug
Replies
Views
jori-sc