• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just-from-you gift certs question

Christa

Dec 14, 2005
Those of you who use these, do you tell them they must use them either by phone with you or at a show? What if they would try to redeem it on your website, when essentially its just us paying for a portion of their sale? Thanks!

chefautumn

Aug 5, 2005
I was wondering the same thing.
I had a special going right after I signed up for my website, unfortunatly when someone places an individual order it goes directly to HO and you can't give them any discounts. So I had to send a guest a personal check with an appology letter. I no longer let gift certificates be redeemed through my website. I tell my customers to use them at any of my shows or as an individual order by phone.
I would be curious to know what everyone else does.

ChefSandyK

Aug 7, 2005
Here's what I do...

I include a letter with the certificate explaining how to redeem it. If they want to place the order on my website, I tell them they must submit it using my name as the hostess. I then put the order on whatever show needs help. If they ordered more than the amount of the gift certificate, I simply subtract the value of the certificate from their total. Does that make sense?

Have a great day,
Sandy