1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Just-from-you gift certs question

1. Christa

Christa Member

Those of you who use these, do you tell them they must use them either by phone with you or at a show? What if they would try to redeem it on your website, when essentially its just us paying for a portion of their sale? Thanks!

Jan 3, 2006
  2. chefautumn

chefautumn Member

I was wondering the same thing.
    I had a special going right after I signed up for my website, unfortunatly when someone places an individual order it goes directly to HO and you can't give them any discounts. So I had to send a guest a personal check with an appology letter. I no longer let gift certificates be redeemed through my website. I tell my customers to use them at any of my shows or as an individual order by phone.
    I would be curious to know what everyone else does.

Jan 3, 2006
  3. ChefSandyK

ChefSandyK Member

Here's what I do...

I include a letter with the certificate explaining how to redeem it. If they want to place the order on my website, I tell them they must submit it using my name as the hostess. I then put the order on whatever show needs help. If they ordered more than the amount of the gift certificate, I simply subtract the value of the certificate from their total. Does that make sense?

Have a great day,
    Sandy

Jan 3, 2006
Have something to add?