• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Selling to the Guys: Strategies, Recipes, and More!

In summary, Tom Marston suggests filling a tool box with Pampered Chef tools, telling the audience about the product, getting their hands dirty, and cooking for their wives.
sailortena
I was doing a search but couldn't find anything, but I was thinking of trying to do a cooking show "just for the guys." I got this idea because I did a show on Tuesday where a guest's husband was so disappointed he couldn't come too. So I thought of possibly a grilling theme or something, but I need to change my tactics on selling to men.

So if any of you have done guys' shows ... or even you male consultants out there, could you suggest:
a) different selling techniques that work better for men than women
b) what products to show that would interest them
c) recipes a group of guys would enjoy
d) any other advice would be appreciated

You have to serve wings or ribs and BEER. Also, if you're to start at 7, you really will start at 7, the guys don't sit around saying, "Those are such cute shoes you're wearing!".
Be sure to send home wish lists to wives beforehand, lots of men hate gift shopping.
Make tons of food, the first guy in line won't take his serving into account how many guests are needing food (the third guy from the end will take the last of the food without account for others needing to eat!). They tend to take much bigger servings.
Concentrate on cookware and BBQ tools.

Men are very technical, where us women tend to like hearing about what we can do with the tools the guys like to know specifics about the tools. Sandwiches, like a sandwich ring of some sort, would be a good item to go with the wings and beer as well. Barbeque, cookware and stoneware tools are going to be great sellers...I have guys tell me all the time that they love their "pizza" stone, what better than the small round to heat up that left over pizza in the microwave? One last thing, it seems that the guys I have had at shows are there because they like to cook and they all have said that they love gadgets...just like they have to have every tool imagineable in the tool box, they too want every kitchen gadget imaginable in their kitchens. Anyhoo, that's all I can think of right now...good luck and have fun with it.

Get some plastic,Plastic tool box or even a real metal one and fill it with Pampered Chef Tools. When you simply say something like, "and now for the tool box for the kitchen..."

Tom Marston uses a bucket with a tool sleeve on it and a tool belt.
Need I say more.

Make sure you take all the cool gadgets!! I had my US&G for over 2 years before my husband ever used it. He used it for the first time about a month or so ago when we were making Chicken Ceasar Salad Pizza. I had him shred the lettuce with it. He came running into the living room saying "That thing is COOL!!!" That whole head of lettuce was gone in about 45 seconds!!! My husband also loves the garlic press and the meat tenderizer, and of course the BBQ tools!!

So along with everything else mentioned earlier, take these things for sure!! Just don't spend too much time on talking about the bookings or baking tools!! They aren't gonna bake a pie on Sunday!!!

I did an all guy show. They all loved the food chopper. I think all six men ordered one. They also eat alot. We made the southwest salsa pizza, two of them, and it was gone in a flash. This was only my fourth show so the nerves were still there especially in a room full of men. They all paid very close attention to what I was talking about. Unlike the woman who usually chit chat through the whole thing. Overall it was a good show.

from a guy's perspectiveI suggest what some of my best teachers told me...

Know your stuff

Tell them what your stuff is
Show them your stuff
Tell them what stuff you told them,

Stuff them!

-guys are more factual; things like what a product is made-of, or where it is manufactured, are as good as word pictures for ladies. Occasionally use technical terms... the Food Chopper RATCHETS as it pops up / the shears sharpen themselves as they spring back...

-guys are less emotional and more functional - things like USG or ESP or multifunctional tools will be more "WOW" factor, than color items (wave of color, cool as it may be) or batter bowl "babies" = food prep bowls.

-show them a little more of product, and GET THEIR HANDS DIRTY! Get them involved in it! Have them chop / slice / grate / etc. and they will be drawn to the product.

-encourage your husband / son / friend to come to the show to be a "plant" and help you along.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the input Scott, gonna try some of your word usage today...( I work on a fishing boat:D )

Ginger:cool:

I don't know if it was here or welovepamperedcheftoo, but there was a thread on cookware that has wording comparing it with NASCAR. If that doesn't sell, I don't know what will!

Good Luck! And, let us know how your show goes and what interested them the most and what questions they asked and...

Thanks!

1. What types of recipes are featured in "Selling to the Guys: Strategies, Recipes, and More!"?

The book features a variety of recipes that are great for grilling, including burgers, steaks, chicken, and vegetables. It also includes recipes for dips, appetizers, and desserts that are perfect for hosting game days and tailgating parties.

2. How can I use the strategies in this book to better sell to male customers?

The book offers tips and techniques for understanding the needs and preferences of male customers. It also includes strategies for effective communication and building relationships with male customers, as well as ways to showcase products that appeal to their interests and lifestyle.

3. Are there any specific kitchen tools or products recommended for selling to male customers?

The book does not promote any specific products, but it does offer suggestions for versatile and useful kitchen tools that are popular among male customers. These include grilling accessories, high-quality knives, and multi-functional cookware.

4. Can the strategies and recipes in this book be applied to other demographics besides men?

While the book is primarily focused on selling to male customers, many of the strategies and recipes can be applied to other demographics as well. The book offers helpful tips for understanding and catering to the needs of any customer, regardless of their gender.

5. Is "Selling to the Guys: Strategies, Recipes, and More!" suitable for both new and experienced Pampered Chef consultants?

Yes, the book is designed for both new and experienced consultants. It offers valuable insights and techniques for those just starting out, as well as fresh ideas and recipes for seasoned consultants looking to expand their customer base.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jpanzenhagen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
linzbeth
  • Shell Northway
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Shell Northway
  • Oklabell