• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just Curious (Directors Out There)

In summary, the conversation discusses the new career plan and its effects on consultants. Some have experienced difficulties in maintaining their director status due to the requirement of having two lines within their cluster, while others see potential benefits in building a deep and wide team. There is also concern about the timing of the changes, given the current economic climate. However, overall there is still a positive sentiment towards the company.
kreaser
Gold Member
I was just curious how many people had director status before the new career plan started and then dropped down to Team Leader because they didn't have 2 lines within their cluster? Now that I've been functioning with it a while, I can see the positives and negatives with it..I only recruited 1 person all last year during the incentive period. My sales were good, but just couldn't get recruiting going. I have recruited 3 already since Jan. and have 2 potential coming on board. The real excitement is that I have a couple consultants on my team really recruiting.. One, who didn't recruit before (we wont mention names chefsteph07) LOL
has gone wild with 4 already!!!
I also have a new recruit who is signing 2 June 1st.
So, right now my 2 lines will be ok...
but it's nerve racking!!! Every month it could bump up and down. I think it is very difficult to get and maintain directorship now..I really think, personally, it would be more fair if we only had to have 1 senior instead of 2..just my opinion

Im just a hobby consultant but I think it stinks. I have a friend who has been a director for years. She works hard and she recruits, her sales are good and she meets her sales/cluster sales quotas. But she is a team leader under the new plan. I think the up and down each month is going to be a problem. Confusing!

As far as I can tell...as I understand the new career plan...PC is making it harder on their consultants to keep going. All over the country things are changing because of the economy and most businesses are making things a little easier...as far as maintaining status...for their consultants/employees, but PC for some reason has made it a little harder. As a hobby consultant it doesn't really affect me, but for career consultants this can be a big problem.

Don't get me wrong. I love PC and think it is a great company. I'm not trying to bash them. I just think they picked a stressful time to make these changes.

Shawnna said:
As far as I can tell...as I understand the new career plan...PC is making it harder on their consultants to keep going. All over the country things are changing because of the economy and most businesses are making things a little easier...as far as maintaining status...for their consultants/employees, but PC for some reason has made it a little harder. QUOTE]

Actually, I do not see it that way. I think once you make director it will be easier to keep it...if you are continuing to work your business AND help those on your team. If we build deep as well as wide we should not be going up and down....take it like this. If have a 2 senior consultants and am a team leader...and if one of the senior consultants also has a senior consultant under them, then I am still safe if my direct recuit ever leaves the business--- I would still have a 2 senior consultants. Does that make sense. Yes, I think it requires more work but it is worth it because I think once we get our team DEEP as well as Wide then we never have to worry about the UPs and DOWNs.

Shawnna said:
Im just a hobby consultant but I think it stinks. I have a friend who has been a director for years. She works hard and she recruits, her sales are good and she meets her sales/cluster sales quotas. But she is a team leader under the new plan. I think the up and down each month is going to be a problem. Confusing!

As far as I can tell...as I understand the new career plan...PC is making it harder on their consultants to keep going. All over the country things are changing because of the economy and most businesses are making things a little easier...as far as maintaining status...for their consultants/employees, but PC for some reason has made it a little harder. As a hobby consultant it doesn't really affect me, but for career consultants this can be a big problem.

Don't get me wrong. I love PC and think it is a great company. I'm not trying to bash them. I just think they picked a stressful time to make these changes.
Actually, I do not see it that way. I think once you make director it will be easier to keep it...if you are continuing to work your business AND help those on your team. If we build deep as well as wide we should not be going up and down....take it like this. If have a 2 senior consultants and am a team leader...and if one of the senior consultants also has a senior consultant under them, then I am still safe if my direct recuit ever leaves the business--- I would still have a 2 senior consultants. Does that make sense. Yes, I think it requires more work but it is worth it because I think once we get our team DEEP as well as Wide then we never have to worry about the UPs and DOWNs.

To me, as a director, for the past 3 years or so, this has been very stressful. None of my recruits have the desire to recruit, though I have discussed with them the full benefits of doing so...I guess all I can do is keep doing what I'm doing and hopefully my new future recruits will see the benefits of adding to their team. I also have worked my tail off and earned trips, etc....but this new "qualification" has me stressed out.

I am in KReaser's cluster and we have had many conversations about this. Everyone in our cluster, except for myself, is a hobbyist. They have no desire to recruit. And that should be ok! I was a hobbyist until this Disney trip was announced, and I hadn't recruited in I don't know how long. It was not something I was intererested in, and to be perfectly honest, if it wasn't for this trip, I still wouldn't be.

I don't think Directors should be punished for the non actions of others. If you want to recruit just hobbyists, that should be ok. Now it seems we need to recruit those who are interested in promoting, or pushing those who signed to promote. I don't think it's fair. If Karlene had pushed me in any way to recruit in the years I've been in it, I might have quit.

Sometimes it makes mroe sense if a leader has a recruit lead to just give it to someone else in their team to keep THEIR status. That's no fair either. I think 2 is too many to keep active lines for directors if trheir consultants just want to do a few shows a month and don't want to make a leadership role.

I'm not a director anymore, but I was before I quit selling PC a couple of years ago. Personally, I think the new career plan makes it better for directors. Before, you had to have five signed, qualified, and active personal recruits, and now its just four signed and active, two of whom have to be senior consultants. That takes some of the recruiting "pressure" off of the director. I have never had a hard time with recruiting - as a director, I averaged 2 recruits per month, but a lot of them were hobbyists, which put the pressure to get the $4000 team sales on me, which for me, was difficult. Now, because the requirement is to have 2 senior consultants, it seems that PC is making it so that directors will have at least a couple of serious consultants that are working their businesses actively, both selling and recruiting, which takes some of the pressure off of the director. Keep in mind I say this as a "new" consultant, but I remember how stressed I was to keep my directorship when my hobbyists weren't selling and I had a slow month. Also, now with the new career plan, if a director doesn't meet their directorship requirements and they lose their title, they don't lose their recruits - which is HUGE in my opinion, because it makes it so much easier to re-promote. When I went through my divorce and I lost my directorship, I lost my entire team - 12 people - which sucked. I'm actually very excited about the new career plan, and even more excited about promoting under the new plan.

The fact that directors keep their recruits is wonderful. I have always felt that you should keep your recruits unless you quit. To have a couple bad months and lose everything you worked for is unfair. This part of the new career plan is better for directors.

just to be clear, it is not just because someone recruits someone gives them the title SC - they MUST be active EACH month in order to maintain that title......so, yes even if you do the recruiting - EVERYONE in the line must be also actively working.

well, as long as one member of the line is selling that line is active.....
The last person I recruited I almost put under one of my consultants just to have a SC, but realized I wasn't doing anyone any favors by doing that...but I know some people may want to do that.

Even though SC's have to be ACTIVE each month, that's not a huge requirement since that's only one show per month. For that matter, just a few orders together to make a show is enough to keep someone active each month. When I was a hobbyist consultant (my first year as a consultant), I did one show per month, and I didn't consider that actively selling. BUT - some may feel differently about that. I do think it would've been much harder if the requirement of 2 TL's to be director - that could make things hard. But to have 2 consultants who each sell $150 per month and maintain 1 recruit who also sells $150 a month (if I understand the requirements of SC correctly) doesn't seem that hard to me. It may take some a while to build their teams deep like that, but once they do, I think it will make for a stronger team overall. JMHO and YMMV.

I just promoted to director May 1st--YEAH!!! As for me, this plan is very hard and stressful. I have to make sure each of my girls is active every month to get the benefits of being a director. For instance, I worked twice as hard this month with 2 girls and had to give them one of my catalog shows to make sure everyone had $150 in sales to make sure I maintained my director structure. My director, who promoted to Advanced Director last month, will be paid as a TEAM LEADER this month, because her downline had a horrible month (my cluster does not count toward her sales anymore). That is heartbreaking for her. In order to stay a director now, you have to have at least 6 people in your cluster where as before it was 5. I would've done better on the old plan, because it would not be nearly this stressful. I think the new plan is great for people with solid and secure clusters, but for new clusters it is very hard!

I am recruiting a new girl this week, so that will give me some breathing room, but I am not high pressure and I feel like I am being high pressure to these girls and I do not like it! So, hopefully I will recruit a few more people and add to my team to help ease the stress!

@Shannon - Congrats on promoting to director!! Are you going to conference? If so, which wave? I'd love to cheer for you as you walk across stage (wait...they still do that, don't they?? So much has changed since I was active with PC before). I know its probably stressful, but you can do it! Just get some people who are excited about directorship too. If no one on your team is, make them excited (I never wanted to be a director until my hospitality director, who is now my real director, showed me her paycheck and her TPC ring - I'm a total carrot person, and after that, it only took me 6 months to promote to director, too!). Good luck - you can do it!

Shannon,
Be careful on giving your sales away, i don't think that is allowed. I know in the past some consultants were "audited" and when it was found out the sales were not theirs everyone was in trouble.

I've been with PC for 5+ years now and after about a year in the biz, I decided that I wanted directorship because of the $$$. HOWEVER, I became a forever future. I was a future director for over 4 years and didn't really make that much more money. Now, with the new plan as a Team Leader and the extra percentage increase for my sales, their sales and their recruits' sales, I'm making a lot more money. I still do want to become director, but the idea of building WIDE and DEEP makes it so much easier for me to feel comfortable with moving forward with that decision. On the old plan, I watched a friend lose her directorship 3 times, so I decided that before I would ever even accept directorship, I personally, wanted at least 8 recruits on my team so I would be "solid". Now, with the new plan, I do find it a little hard to get my recruits to recruit, but the "instant promotion" that they receive is such a nice little reward and an incentive for them, that I present it that way.
Yes - I still do want to become director - badly. Yes - I am personally still recruiting. Yes - I am still encouraging my team to recruit. And yes, I think the new plan is better overall and takes away stress from you and rewards those that keep a consistent and constant business.
On the old plan, I actually kept my director active with basically just my sales each month. She wasn't doing anything, except basicallly collecting $200 in orders each month because of tons of family issues going on, but she reaped the rewards of directorship basically, because of my sales of close to or over $4k each month. That was NOT fair. This new plan prevents that from happening and I love that part. No more "coat-tail riders" out there under the new plan.
Ok, this was really long, but I do actually like the new plan. I feel it's very fair and encourages us to remain constant and active in our business if we truly want to view it as a business and not as a hobby. I am still close to becoming director, and hopefully will get it in June. BUT, I feel very, very comfortable accepting directorship now because I have a solid first line and they are building a great second line....and my own personal sales are doing great and my bookings are fantastic. God is soooooo good!!!!

c00p said:
I've been with PC for 5+ years now and after about a year in the biz, I decided that I wanted directorship because of the $$$. HOWEVER, I became a forever future. I was a future director for over 4 years and didn't really make that much more money. Now, with the new plan as a Team Leader and the extra percentage increase for my sales, their sales and their recruits' sales, I'm making a lot more money. I still do want to become director, but the idea of building WIDE and DEEP makes it so much easier for me to feel comfortable with moving forward with that decision. On the old plan, I watched a friend lose her directorship 3 times, so I decided that before I would ever even accept directorship, I personally, wanted at least 8 recruits on my team so I would be "solid". Now, with the new plan, I do find it a little hard to get my recruits to recruit, but the "instant promotion" that they receive is such a nice little reward and an incentive for them, that I present it that way.
Yes - I still do want to become director - badly. Yes - I am personally still recruiting. Yes - I am still encouraging my team to recruit. And yes, I think the new plan is better overall and takes away stress from you and rewards those that keep a consistent and constant business.
On the old plan, I actually kept my director active with basically just my sales each month. She wasn't doing anything, except basicallly collecting $200 in orders each month because of tons of family issues going on, but she reaped the rewards of directorship basically, because of my sales of close to or over $4k each month. That was NOT fair. This new plan prevents that from happening and I love that part. No more "coat-tail riders" out there under the new plan.
Ok, this was really long, but I do actually like the new plan. I feel it's very fair and encourages us to remain constant and active in our business if we truly want to view it as a business and not as a hobby. I am still close to becoming director, and hopefully will get it in June. BUT, I feel very, very comfortable accepting directorship now because I have a solid first line and they are building a great second line....and my own personal sales are doing great and my bookings are fantastic. God is soooooo good!!!!

My Story is much the same as Andrea's! Except for the part about my director riding my coat-tails. My director works her business and is an awesome director!

But for myself - I couldn't believe the difference in pay from FD in March to TL in April! Over $100 more for basically the same sales of myself and my team!
I too seemed to be a "Forever Future". And the benefits of being a FD weren't much at all. I have 8 on my team as of today - but keeping 5 of them active and selling all at the same time was an impossible feat, and until I could do that, I wasn't getting any benefits to speak of for all of the time and effort I put into training and coaching them. Now, as a Team Leader, I feel like I am being rewarded for what I do (plus, I just really prefer the title Team Leader instead of FD - always thought that was a bit hokey) and the pressure to promote is gone! Yes - it is still my goal to become a director, but the discouragement that I felt so often when I would be so close to promoting, but missed it by one show not being submitted, etc...is gone too. Until I promote, I like being a Team Leader! It's a title with some meat behind it, instead of a FD - which to me was just sort of an honorary title w/o much meaning.

I'm going in Wave 1! I can't wait. It will be my first conference. I have 3 kids and this is the first year I don't have a baby, so I'll be able to go!!! YEAH!!!

chefsteph07 said:
I am in KReaser's cluster and we have had many conversations about this. Everyone in our cluster, except for myself, is a hobbyist. They have no desire to recruit. And that should be ok! I was a hobbyist until this Disney trip was announced, and I hadn't recruited in I don't know how long. It was not something I was intererested in, and to be perfectly honest, if it wasn't for this trip, I still wouldn't be.

I don't think Directors should be punished for the non actions of others. If you want to recruit just hobbyists, that should be ok. Now it seems we need to recruit those who are interested in promoting, or pushing those who signed to promote. I don't think it's fair. If Karlene had pushed me in any way to recruit in the years I've been in it, I might have quit.

Sometimes it makes mroe sense if a leader has a recruit lead to just give it to someone else in their team to keep THEIR status. That's no fair either. I think 2 is too many to keep active lines for directors if trheir consultants just want to do a few shows a month and don't want to make a leadership role.

I think on our teams we need both the hobbyist and those who want to promote. Without the "hobbyists" then there might not be room for those who want to promote. Think about it...if we all recruited and those under us recruited then eventually everyone in the world would be a consultant and we would have no one to sell to....kind of far fetched....but my point is that I believe that it IS OKAY not want to recruit and that NO ONE should feel pressured to do so. I just like the new plan because I think it will be easier for us to keep our titles once we acheive them under the new plan.

I really think once we get used to this new plan and those of us who want to promote and do this on a more "full-time" basis, will be more successful.

You can lose your recruits. If you have someone below you promote to director (or you lose your directorship because you dont have two with recruits), they pass you. They go to the next level up. Since this is about to happen to me, I obviously don't like this rule and don't quite understand why the person who recruited someone loses them simply because she's not as good. Honestly, the girl under me is a better PC consultant - especially a better recruiter. I understand me not gaining financially because she passed me but I'm not happy that she will be gone forever.And to answer the original question, I recruited three earlier this year so that I could keep this girl under me. I was told that I would not lose her even if I didn't maintain directorship. None of the ones I recruited will be recruiting so I will have one director and four hobbysists under me. I will be losing directorship soon but dont know if the old program would have been any better for me. Consistency is the key and sometimes its hard to be consistent at the level the company requires AND do it part-time....

Yes, you can lose your recruits if they pass you, but that has always been the case if I remember correctly. I was referring to if you just lose directorship but none of your recruits promote. When I was a director under the old system, none of my recruits promoted to director, but when I lost my directorship, I lost all of my recruits. Under the new system, with the same scenario, I'd keep my team and be back on track to repromoting to director. I hope that makes sense...

cookie325 said:
Yes, you can lose your recruits if they pass you, but that has always been the case if I remember correctly. I was referring to if you just lose directorship but none of your recruits promote. When I was a director under the old system, none of my recruits promoted to director, but when I lost my directorship, I lost all of my recruits. Under the new system, with the same scenario, I'd keep my team and be back on track to repromoting to director. I hope that makes sense...

You are correct about losing recruits if they pass you...that was that way under the old system also. I like it that if you do not maintain directorship you do not lose your recruits because it takes some of use a long time to build up just what we got so I am glad we get to keep them.

1. What is "Just Curious (Directors Out There)"?

"Just Curious (Directors Out There)" is a collection of kitchen tools and gadgets designed specifically for directors in the Pampered Chef business. It includes items like a Director's Cutlery Set and a Director's Wine Tote, all with special features and designs to make cooking and entertaining easier for directors.

2. Can anyone purchase items from the "Just Curious (Directors Out There)" collection?

No, the "Just Curious (Directors Out There)" collection is exclusively available for purchase by Pampered Chef directors. It is a way for us to recognize and support our hardworking directors, and offer them unique tools to help them succeed in their business.

3. Are the products in the "Just Curious (Directors Out There)" collection covered by Pampered Chef's guarantee?

Yes, all products in the "Just Curious (Directors Out There)" collection are covered by our standard guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange.

4. Are there any special discounts or promotions for the "Just Curious (Directors Out There)" collection?

Yes, we often offer special discounts and promotions for the "Just Curious (Directors Out There)" collection to our directors. These can include bundle deals or limited-time discounts on specific items. Make sure to check your director's newsletter and our website for the latest offers.

5. Can I suggest a new product to be added to the "Just Curious (Directors Out There)" collection?

Yes, we always welcome suggestions and feedback from our directors. If you have an idea for a new "Just Curious" product, please reach out to your regional director or contact our customer service team. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and expand the collection to better serve our directors' needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • PamperedK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • otisbg