• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unexpected Challenges at My First Show - Handling Lookers and Shipping Costs

had...two...people...come...who...were...just...'lookers'...They...said...that...they...were...not...going...to...buy...anything...as...soon as...they...sat...down. I had people pair up to save on shipping costs, but didn't know what to do so I just let them. Is this alright?It's fine as long as they understand there is only one receipt and they need to work that out with each other if they need to return something.The show went well and I made $282.00 in sales. I've had people do this from time to time, especially when they don't have a big order.
rennea
Gold Member
Hi everyone, I just did my first show and had some things happen at the show that I didn't expect. 1) I had two people come who were just "lookers" They said that they weren't going to buy anything as soon as they sat down. :rolleyes: (has this happened to anyone else?) 2) Major complaints about shipping costs, I had people pair up to save on the shipping cost. I didn't know what to do so I just let them cause I didn't want to argue. :rolleyes: Is this alright for people to do? I'm glad my first show is over!!!!!!

I've had people do that from time to time, especially when they don't have a big order. It's fine, as long as they understand there's only ONE receipt, so they'll have to work that out with each other if they need to return something. I suppose you can print up two receipts (only one of their names is on it, though), but I'm all for making YOUR job less involved.

Congrats on having your first show!! :D How did the rest of it go? What did you make? That's fine that you just had "lookers" because we've all had that happen, although I can't say someone has announced it right as they sat down! I've had people mention it to me, but they actually do end up falling in love with something and buying it. I'm personally not a high-pressure person and I tell the host that it's fine with me if people don't buy something. Some hosts don't like this because it means a smaller show for them. If that's the case and they want to encourage the guests to get something, that's totally up to her because I stay out of that!

Doesn't it feel good to have your first one done?! Congratulations.

Last edited:
"lookers"I haven't had anyone 'announce' they were only looking, although I've had guests who haven't bought anything. Did you have a chance to ask the 'lookers' what they thought of the product? Were they new to Pampered Chef? Actually someone who is looking is probably better than someone who arrives thinking they don't like the stuff and never will!!! :)
Congratulations on your first show! (They DO get easier!)
D.C.

Rude PeopleOne of the ladies who came in sat down on a sofa and said " I already have to much kitchen crap, I'm not adding anymore". The other one let it be known that she comes to " these things" for the snacks. I asked the one lady that has "to much kitchen crap" what she thought of the products and she said it was "over priced junk". NICE LADY!!! But anyways hope to never see them again. The party was small with only $282.00 in guest sales and two bookings. Good news is that I have four parties booked for Sept.
I just can't believe how rude people can be :eek:

Sorry that happened! Please keep in mind that not all shows are like that and not all customers are like that!! Some people have no class and no shame in what they say or how they act! So it's our job to just smile and stay positive no matter what they "have" to say. Alteast it qualified as a show and you walked out with some bookings....you obviously did something right!! Consider it a gain on your part and a loss to those party poopers! :p

No thanks, I'm just lookingI have many non-buyers at shows and am happy to get them. I even explain to my host during coaching to let those who say they can't afford to buy anything to come anyway. This serves two purposes: 1) Many times, they do find something they just can't live without. If it is small in price, I even mention to them (if it's obvious that they have friends in the crowd) that they add it to their order instead, and split shipping. I think they appreciate my honesty and in saving them half of the $3.79 (tax on shipping too). 2) I have gotten many bookings from those people who cannot purchase at the show and want it for free by hosting their own. The host still benefits because she gets the month's host special.
I even had a special apron embroidered that says "Checkbook says No? Host a Show!"
Window shoppers are welcome at my shows. They learn more about the products and have the "I'm going to get that one day" attitude. Speaking of, I'm going tomorrow to get a new pantsuit I "window shopped" for last month. It's on sale now!!

Lookers... Possible hostsI think lookers at shows are good, especially if they think they cannot afford anything. It makes the perfect opportunity for them to become a host! I have a friend who is going through a divorce and she wants the stoneware baker with the lid but thought it was too expensive. She's hosting a show and we're going to aim for $500 in sales so she can get one piece 60% off in Sept and then get the other piece w/either her free item $$ or as a 1/2 price (and some other stuff too!). If they think they can't afford it - we'll help them get it for free! It's what I love about doing the shows - I really love helping people get stuff for free.

AlsoIf they choose a stone as a 1/2 price item take another 20% off of it , that is what i understand, someone please correct me if iam wrong. I also heard that example if they have a $500.00 show they receive a 25% discount , if they purchase stoneware it is another 20% off the stones on top of the 25%.
This is what i have heard and what iam going with , if it is not true please correct me !! It just sounds :) to good to be true !!

Hosts can use one of the already discounted (by 20%) stones as a half price item, but they can't take any discount of the remainder of the 1/2 price. Does that make sense? THen they get another stone at 60% off if they want to use that as their Monthly Host Special.

I beleive they can also use their free amount towards the stones at the 20% starting price. For instance if they would like the 13" round stone they are normally $18.50. The month of Sept it is $14.80 so if they recieved $90 of FREE products they would subtract the amount of $14.80 not the original price of $18.50! Then that is the same for the 1/2 price and discount so if they choose to spend all their FREE, 1/2 price and discount on stoneware they can, plus they can choose one more stone for their 60% off! HTH and is correct, that is how I read it in the Weekly Bites a couple weeks ago, so correct me if I am wrong.

I would try to get any of the "rude" people at a show to come up and help with part of the demo. This lets them experience our products firsthand and alot of times changes their mind about them being "over-priced kitchen junk". Often the products become something they have to have. Also have people at your show tell everyone what thier favorite products are and what they use them for. That kind of lets the rude people see that they are in the minority and everyone else loves their pampered chef products.

What are the benefits of hosting a "Just Closed First Show"?

Hosting a "Just Closed First Show" allows you to earn free products and discounts on future purchases. It also gives you the opportunity to try out new products and learn new cooking techniques. Plus, you get to spend quality time with friends and family while enjoying delicious food.

How long does a "Just Closed First Show" typically last?

A "Just Closed First Show" usually lasts about 2 hours. This includes time for guests to arrive, mingle, sample food, and place orders. However, the length may vary depending on the number of guests and the type of demonstration.

Do I need to provide any supplies or ingredients for the show?

No, as the host, you do not need to provide any supplies or ingredients for the show. The Pampered Chef consultant will bring all the necessary tools and ingredients for the demonstration. However, you are welcome to provide any additional snacks or beverages for your guests to enjoy.

Can I host a "Just Closed First Show" at someone else's house?

Yes, you can host a "Just Closed First Show" at a friend or family member's house. As long as the host is present and willing to invite guests, the show can be held at any location. It's a great way to introduce your friends and family to Pampered Chef products.

How do I earn rewards from hosting a "Just Closed First Show"?

There are multiple ways to earn rewards from hosting a "Just Closed First Show". You can earn free products based on the total sales of your show, receive discounts on future purchases, and have the opportunity to purchase exclusive host-only products. Your Pampered Chef consultant will provide more information on the specific rewards program during the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Laura Kavanaugh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Niki Kate
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • PattieChef21
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies