• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is a Full-Time Job Outside of PC Holding You Back from Success?

K
ksartain
And Kathy Lite was there. I'm sure I butchered the spelling of her name. 5 minutes into her speech, she had me ready to quit PC. She said, "You only have 2 things to pull time from, your family and your job. If you have another job (outside PC), where do you pull from?" I really felt she was telling us with that statement and other things she said, that we should not have a full time job outside PC. I was so mad I almost got up and walked out. A friend who also sells was with me and she felt the same way. I really hope she didn't mean it the way it came out, but the way she kept on about it, I don't think I took it the wrong way.
If PC doesn't want people to do this as a "hobby" as Kathy kept saying in a negative way, they shouldn't make it one of the sizes of aprons.
Kristy

That may be how SHE feels about HER own buisness, but what it boils down too is how YOU feel about YOUR buisness. If she feels she can't have a full time job and PC then that is her, NOT everyone else. There are PLENTY of consultants out there w/ full time jobs and PC. I hope you and your friend don't let her get you down about PC.

I have been w/PC for over 5 years and have worked 24-30 hrs a week at a local pharmacy and I am still able to balance my pc biz, family, pharmacy career, & personal life. Sure, I have my moments but busy people need to be busy. Hang in there and don't give up. The PC can be what ever you want it to be.

Just smile and nod. You know what works best for you. :)

Was the person form HO Susie Lite? I am attending a meeting that she will be the guest speaker at this Thursday. I'll make sure I listen carefully when she talks on this topic to see the point she was trying to get across.

This came up at our meeting we had last night also. I think the point that they are trying to make is that PC is unlike other "hobby" businesses where you can quit anytime you feel like it simply cause it isn't working out. This is a job and they want to impress upon you that the more important it is to you the better you'll do in sales. I have a full-time job and I'm doing PC to bring in some extra income. In a way, it is my hobby but one that I'm going to take very seriously and strive to achieve my goals. My director supports her growing family with only PC income, which blows my mind! You can earn a living selling PC and I think that is what they are saying. Whatever you do don't quit! If you enjoy it and you have another job, great!

I dont think anybody should have the right to say that PC is the only job that should be done. some people dont make as much money as others do in PC and NEED that FT job just to survive!! when I started PC, money was no major issue for me. I signed because I wanted something to do and to get the products for free/discounted. The money I did make was nice though!! But still if someone wants to hobby it, then thats there choice. you should never be made to feel wrong for what works best for you. would you walk up to Donald Trump and say the way you make money is wrong? of course not!!

As long as you can make time you can do what you want. I have alot on my plate, I work a full time job, Do 4-6 pc shows a month, volunteer at the zoo 10 hours a month, I am planning my wedding, I have a puppy that must go to the dog park 3 days a week, and I do other volunteering. I seem to make time for everything. Wait I forgot I spend time w/family and friends as well. Love what you do and just don't overload your self.

It was Susie Lite. I was thinking of someone else's first name.
Thank you all for your stories. I feel better knowing there are a lot more people out there who work full time jobs and do PC and make both work. After her talk, I felt I was one of just a few who did PC as part time or as a hobby.
I appreciate all of you!
Kristy

Wow, I had to opportunity to listen to Susie speak in January of this year. I came away from the meeting feeling very motivated about my business and about the company. I cannot say that I ever heard her speak negatively of FT work but more about each individuals goals and making your business work more for you. I highly encourage anyone with the opportunity to go and hear people from HO speak.

Have a Pampered Day!

I work a "day job" and am toying with the idea of making PC my full time and only career, after being a Mom and Wife. This is such an individual decision, only you know what is best for You, and Your family. Sorry to hear that you heard that from a Home Office speaker, you were probably not the only one that felt that way. However...if she got you to re-evaluate what your priorities are, thats not all bad...you just don't have the same view point!

I agree with you that ALL situations are possible AND that the Apron is made to FIT ALL SIZES; Pass Time, Part Time or Career Sizes!!!!

I think dkp1269 was right with her explanation. I have picked up scrapbooking as a hobby several times. I would buy a bunch of supplies, but never really devoted the time and energy needed to scrap my 1000s of pictures. I got overwhelmed and gave up. I think she was discouraging thinking of PC like that; however, everyone was correct...It is your business and you can work it how it best fits your life.

1. What did Kathy Lite say during her speech about having a full-time job outside of PC?

Kathy Lite expressed her belief that having a full-time job outside of PC may hold someone back from achieving success in their PC business. She also emphasized that with a full-time job, one would have to pull time away from either their family or their PC business, which could hinder their success.

2. Did Kathy Lite imply that PC consultants should not have a full-time job outside of PC?

Kathy Lite's statement about pulling time away from family and PC business may have implied that having a full-time job outside of PC is not ideal for achieving success in the business. However, it is ultimately up to each individual to decide how they want to balance their time and commitments.

3. How did the audience react to Kathy Lite's speech?

The speaker's statement about having a full-time job outside of PC seemed to spark some frustration and disagreement among the audience. The speaker's delivery and emphasis on this point may have come across as discouraging or dismissive to those who do have a full-time job outside of PC.

4. What does Kathy Lite's statement about "hobby" mean in relation to PC?

Kathy Lite used the term "hobby" in a negative way, implying that some people may treat their PC business as a hobby rather than a serious career. This could suggest that she believes having a full-time job outside of PC may hinder one's dedication and commitment to the business.

5. What is the significance of the different sizes of aprons in PC?

The different sizes of aprons in PC represent the different levels of commitment and involvement one can have in the business. The smallest apron, or "hobbyist" size, may imply that someone is not fully invested in the business and may have other priorities or commitments outside of PC.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kewaters
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • AlowayFamily
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kcmckay
  • hoosierchef