• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What was the strangest Halloween show you've ever done?

In summary, this woman hosted a Halloween party and one of her guests killed himself. She claims that the show went on because she needed the money and that the ax was part of the decorations.
pampered1224
Silver Member
Wanted to share my spookiest show!
It was a bright Saturday morning in late October. I had gotten lost on my way to my show. I called the host and she was extemely tipsy. She could barely understand her so her boy friend got on the phone and he guided me to there home.
As I was pulling up to the old farm house set back about 2 full blocks from the road, I noticed the great Halloween decore they had put up in front of the house.

There was a behead scare crow on a bale of hay. Sitting on the ground next to him was an ax covered in blood. His head was lying about 5 feet away with a terrible looking scream etched on his face.
I pulled up and parked. One thng I had not noticed right away was the blood spalttered all over the front of the house.
Mary, my host, emerged from the side door of the home. She was indeed intoxicated. She gave me a weird look and pulled me over to the front of the house. She wimply pointed at the fron of the house. I mentioned how much I liked their decorations and that it seemed so real.
She began to weap. I though this was very weird. She calmed down and started her story. The day before, Friday night, they had invited friends over for a Halloween party. The decorations ahd been finished that afternoon as a friend of hers, John, had arrived from California with his dog. Odd since he rarely brought the dog with him on the planes. He was rather melencholy all day. She tried several times to get him to tell her what was wrong. He never did tell her.
They had dinner and then their guests began to arrive. The night went very well until about 10:15 p.m.
A sharp loud bang rang through the yard. Everyone ran to the front of the house. The decorations were now complete. There was blood splattered all over the front of the house. John, her friend from California, had shot himself through the head as he stood with his back to the house. I was dumb struck. I did not know what to say.
Now, you want really weird? It was decied by Mary that the show would go on. It took me a minute to move. I was still shaken badly as well as slightly weak in the stomach. The decision was made simply because she needed the distraction. We did that show. She had over $700 in sales. We did not really demo a darn thing but we sure had a heck of a "shrink" session.
John had planned this before he left California apparently as he dropped the lease on his home. Packed up all his stuff and sent it out to Goodwill and brought his dog with him so Mary could take care of him. No one still really knows why though. We never will. I feel I know John so well. It was also very odd when I saw a picture of him. The only thing Mary said was, boy you two look an awful lot a like. You even have the same sense of humor. I was stone cold chilled to the bone. She was not the only who pointed out the resemblence.
I left that day feeling extemely drained.
I know too that I have heard stories from some of the people who still visit Mary. About odd noices and sharp popping sounds that seem to ring out around 10:15 p.m.
This really did happen and I will never froget that day. I have not seen or heard from MAry since but I did get a letter from her boy friend via a friend of theirs who did a show with me a year later. She could not do another show with me. I remindered to much of the other John. It hurt to much.
What a way to loose a great host!
So tell me your spookiest story!

WhoaWow that is intense...I don't think any of us can top that one! (I know I can't-this is only my second month

I would have to say i dont know if i would be able to do a party in that situation definitly intense if you ask me.

Did you make this up?As my kids say - Are you for real? If this really did happen, you are a real PC tropper. I still can't believe you had a $700 "party". Weird :eek:

Crazy~~~~~Oh my gosh! As my kids would say, "Are you trickin'?" I sat here with my jaw dropped reading that story. Was the ax part of the decorations or what? That is really awful, I don't know how you went on with the show or how guests even came to the house. Crazy. :eek:

too bizzare for me :eek: So you she had a party at her house with blood all over the front of it!!!Real blood!!! Sorry, I can't even wrap my brain around that one.

Last edited:
Okay, I read this right before going for my daily 2.5 mile walk. I had 40 minutes to think about this story. I called a friend on my cell phone and told her. We both had a few questions. Why in the world did no one clean up the blood? Why was there not crime scene tape around the house? And once again, who in their right mind invites people to their home with BLOOD all over it. I am sorry, I don't know you, but this sounds like a crazy story just in time for Halloween.

:confused:

What are some fun Halloween-themed recipes?

Some popular Halloween-themed recipes include mummy hot dogs, ghostly guacamole, spider web dip, and pumpkin-shaped cheese balls. You can find these and more on our Pampered Chef website or by attending one of our themed cooking parties.

How can I decorate my home for a Halloween party?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of festive kitchen tools and decor items that are perfect for Halloween parties. From pumpkin-shaped platters to spooky cookie cutters, we have everything you need to make your home look and feel festive for the holiday.

What are some Halloween-themed cooking tools and gadgets?

We have a wide selection of Halloween-themed cooking tools and gadgets, such as a pumpkin-shaped cake pan, ghostly cookie presses, and spider web trivets. These fun and unique tools not only add a touch of Halloween to your dishes, but also make great conversation starters at parties.

What are some kid-friendly Halloween recipes?

We have a variety of fun and easy recipes that kids will love to make and eat! Some popular options include mummy pizza, pumpkin patch pudding cups, and apple monster mouths. Our kid-friendly recipes are a great way to get the whole family involved in the Halloween spirit.

Can I use Pampered Chef products for Halloween-themed crafts?

Yes! Our versatile kitchen tools can also be used for Halloween-themed crafts, such as creating pumpkin carvings, decorating spooky cupcakes, and making ghostly treat bags. Get creative with our products and make your own unique Halloween decorations and gifts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jessinthekitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kathy's_Kitchen
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies