• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unlock Your Direct Sales Potential with Just Ask: Tips from Tammy Stanley

In summary, Tammy Stanley provides an insightful perspective on how to be more persuasive when asking individuals on your team to attend a training event. She discusses how to make quick and powerful invitation calls, and how to stand to gain the most by asking.
esavvymom
Staff member
I received this interesting article from Tammy Stanley this week in her weekly e-zine. I thought it was very "enlightening", for lack of a better word. The perspective was very good and so I wanted to share with you. It really can apply to Increasing Sales, Better Bookings, Team training, etc, but she wrote it with Hostess Coaching as a key example, so here it is.
*************Just Ask

This week I received an email from a direct seller who told me about another leader she met at a company leadership meeting. This direct seller learned that the other leader had been in the business for quite some time before she really started selling and building a team. When asked what was the thing that motivated her to step on the gas, she replied that she finally went to the company's National Conference. When asked why she had waited so long before going to the National Conference she said, "No one ever asked me to go."It is only natural for us to think that because everyone receives information about the company National Conference or Convention, everyone knows that he or she is welcome to attend. As natural as it is to think that, you want to train yourself to think differently.One of the best things that I can think of to compare this to is a home party. When the hostess sends our postcard invitations as well as an email invitation to all her friends, they probably all understand that she is hosting a product party, but very few of them will feel any real need to attend. If that hostess were to pick up her telephone and quickly invite all of the people on her list, the response would be completely different. Her friends would feel like she really wanted them to attend because she took the time to personally invite them.I coached my hostesses on this very topic. I would ask them what they typically do when they receive a postcard invitation to a home party. They would usually confess that they did not pay much attention to it. I would then tell them that calling their friends and personally inviting them would be far more persuasive. I then coached them how to make those invitation calls quick and powerful. Once I started doing that, I discovered that my hostesses were able to get the number of guests I requested without much trouble at all. I just had to tell them the benefits of personally asking their friends to attend, and they would snap into action!When you take the time to call the individuals on your team and invite them to an up-coming training event, they too feel personally invited. Do not be surprised to hear things like, "Oh, I didn't realize I could go to that" or "I didn't think I had a strong enough business to attend that." When you personally ask people on your team to attend a special training event, like a National Conference, it is an opportunity for you to engage them in the possibility of stepping up to the plate and taking their business to the next level.Perhaps the most interesting aspect of asking is that you stand the most to gain. When you ask the people on your team to invest in themselves by attending a training, you demonstrate leadership. It is powerful to see someone invest in themselves simply because you asked, and it forces you to acknowledge that you absolutely have the potential to be a persuasive leader.Here is the part I have to post about TS- in order to be allowed to post the above article. :D
Author, Sales Trainer, and Professional Speaker Tammy Stanley publishes the propelling 'Sales Refinery Insights' weekly ezine for direct sales professionals. If you're ready to jump-start your direct sales business, make more money, and create more value, get your FREE tips now at http://www.tammystanley.com/ezine/ezine_offer_ds.htm

thanks for sharing - its so true

esavvymom said:
I would then tell them that calling their friends and personally inviting them would be far more persuasive. I then coached them how to make those invitation calls quick and powerful.

I wonder how they teach this...I can never seem to get off the phone quickly.

Thanks for sharing this article :)

JennyJennJen said:
I wonder how they teach this...I can never seem to get off the phone quickly.

Thanks for sharing this article :)

I've heard that you can make the invitation calls during the time when you know your friends wouldn't be home, so you are just leaving a voicemail. :D

Tammy Stanley's training is awesome. She provides concrete steps, wording, and encouragement.

1. What is "Just Ask" and how does it work?

Just Ask is a feature on the Pampered Chef website that allows customers to ask questions and get answers about our products from our team of expert consultants. Simply click on the "Just Ask" button on the product page and type in your question. Our consultants will respond with helpful information and tips.

2. Is there a limit to the number of questions I can ask?

No, there is no limit to the number of questions you can ask. Our consultants are happy to answer any and all questions you may have about our products.

3. How long does it take to receive a response?

Our consultants strive to respond to all questions within 24 hours. However, during busy periods it may take a bit longer. Rest assured, we will get back to you as soon as possible with a helpful answer.

4. Can I ask questions about products I haven't purchased yet?

Yes, you can ask questions about any of our products, whether you have purchased them or not. Our consultants are knowledgeable about all of our products and are happy to provide information to help you make an informed purchase decision.

5. Are the answers provided by consultants unbiased?

Yes, our consultants are independent contractors and are not influenced by any biases. They are trained to provide honest and accurate information about our products to help you make the best decision for your needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • esavvymom