• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just a Fyi With New Web Program

In summary, the new web version of CC is different from the previous version. It is more user friendly but it still has some kinks that need to be worked out.
kreaser
Gold Member
came across this end of the month. Was helping a new consultant submit a show on Saturday..Thankfully I had just purchased an I pad before I left for vacation on Friday. I had it with me (while camping...lol ) her show kept reading an error and I was back and forth with the home office..career solutions and then finally tech support starting at 6pm Sat nite. finally it was as simple as this: my consultant had entered her own email address under the host info page when she was entering her show in. Therefore, it was reading an error but it wasnt specific and even tech support couldnt figure it out for hours...finally at 10pm saturday nite tech support got back with me and said the show would have to be deleted and re entered without using the consultant email address in there..(my consultant didnt have an email address for her host so she thought it wouldn't matter to put her own in there...I guess IT DOES MATTER..! It was pretty stressful all day saturday while I was suppose to be on vacation..oh well, at least it got sent in..
Then when I get home today (monday) I get a personal call from PC saying that they are extending our show submissions and resolutions until tonite at 10pm because we had some bad weather in our area and power outages...We really didn't get anything here...just been hot....hmmmmmmmm

Yes. Tech should have known that one but I guess he didn't think to ask about the email. It's similar to an issue I had right away. I invited myself to a party so I could see what the invitations would look like. It caused major issues. We can not use our consultant email for ANYTHING except consultant use. There will also be an issue if you put someone else's email in more than once. Each email must be different. Sorry it whined your day. Isn't this fun?!

and for the people that do not have or do not want to share an e-mail?
Has anyone made a document w/all the notes about what to do and what not to do on the new web?

byrd1956 said:
and for the people that do not have or do not want to share an e-mail?
Has anyone made a document w/all the notes about what to do and what not to do on the new web?

They're working on that. They say we'll need a phone and address for those people who don't have email.

Notes? There are quick tips on CC (well, at least on the new web version). I think once it is all fixed it will be very user friendly.

What to do:

1. Get all the info you can from the customer - get in the habit of doing that NOW. Point out that the easiest thing is if they give an email address. Then they will get their receipt in an email and if they have any return issues it will be quick and easy for their purchases to be found.

2. Encourage your hosts to get separate payments for orders (this is especially for outside orders and catalog parties). In the new web every order must show paid in full. You can do two other orders with the host card (and you have to enter it on each order) but that is all so the host can no longer put the whole show on her card. Give yourself time to get the payments by mail but encourage payment by debit or charge.

3. Once you are on the web most or all of the kinks we are experiencing will be resolved but BE PATIENT. It is very different from P3 and takes some time to get used to.

4. Take all the courses HO is providing on CC and take them several times. That will help you a lot when you get on the site.

Beth
yes I was surprised that tech support couldnt figure out the error it was reading.
here is the error: Even the supervisor was stumped for hours.
Thankfully they figured it out.

An error has occurred and the show cannot be closed at this time. Please contact the Solution Center for Assistance.

I don't like that a host can't just pay for the whole show. That really makes closing a show easy sometimes. Especially if I do a mystery host show or something. I want this to make life easier, not more difficult. I actually have a few hosts that just have everything shipped to me so the contact email is mine. It's just easier that way, esp since I get the email the day the shipment arrives. They don't really want PC to have all of their info. I just feel that in the attempt to be more technological, they are getting nosy. Not everyone freely gives out all of their info. Too much spam and such out there.

Jules711 said:
I don't like that a host can't just pay for the whole show. That really makes closing a show easy sometimes. Especially if I do a mystery host show or something. I want this to make life easier, not more difficult. I actually have a few hosts that just have everything shipped to me so the contact email is mine. It's just easier that way, esp since I get the email the day the shipment arrives. They don't really want PC to have all of their info. I just feel that in the attempt to be more technological, they are getting nosy. Not everyone freely gives out all of their info. Too much spam and such out there.

I have to agree - I close ALL of my shows over the phone and it's so much easier to have the host pay for all outside orders after the party than to wait for them to mail checks or get credit card numbers from their guests. From what I understand I'm going to have to completely revamp how I do most things!

I agree too but when I started I was told, I believe it was in the consultant guide, that a guest or host could "help a friend" and put one other's order on her card. Then a few years ago I learned the program would let the host pay for the whole show with one card if she wanted. It is much easier this way for outside orders and catalog shows. Now we just have to rethink it and go back to the old way. It will be a pain to have to wait for checks or drive over to get them...

This is simply going to be a matter of re-training ourselves and our hosts. I have started telling my hosts at the end of the show when we discuss those additional outside orders that all o.o.'s need to be paid for with a credit/debit card. Since we'll be closing over the phone, I will not be able to put all those orders on your (host) card. Plus, the way the system now works, if that friend needs to return her product for any reason (not happy w/it), if it's paid for on host's card, PC will credit host's card, then she'll get caught up in then refunding her friend. So much easier to have everyone pay individually.

I have had no resistance from anyone. And, personally, I find it much more efficient.

BethCooks4U said:
I agree too but when I started I was told, I believe it was in the consultant guide, that a guest or host could "help a friend" and put one other's order on her card. Then a few years ago I learned the program would let the host pay for the whole show with one card if she wanted. It is much easier this way for outside orders and catalog shows. Now we just have to rethink it and go back to the old way. It will be a pain to have to wait for checks or drive over to get them...

We need to be sending e-mails to HO and letting them know that this isn't going to work......what if we have a show on the 28th and the host gets additional orders and we need to close it by the 30th for some incentives. Most of my hosts are 30-45 minutes away....so I am going to have to run and meet her to pick up checks on the 30th which means extra fuel costs, not to mention the time. I think PC is really making it harder on us to do business with some of these changes.....assuming that these are the final changes.

Some people don's use credit or debit cards so they give the hosts cash or a check and so this is just easier for us to get the shows closed out. I've had hosts say the check is in the mail and sometimes it's a week before I get it. I can't submit a show and cover that amount. Maybe we need to go back to the way PC used to do it.....the show had to be held by the 30th of the month, but we had until the 5th to get it submitted for it to count for incentives.....that's the only way I can see this new way working.

I like that suggestion of going back to giving us a few days into the new month to close and still get incentives for the previous month. Generally though when a show is scheduled at the end of the month I give the host a choice. We MUST close by the last day of the month or we can use the next months specials and close after the first. Doesn't always work out but very often does.

1. What is "Just a Fyi With New Web Program"?

Just a Fyi With New Web Program is a new web program that provides users with helpful and informative updates on various topics and trends.

2. How does "Just a Fyi With New Web Program" work?

"Just a Fyi With New Web Program" works by aggregating information from reliable sources and presenting it in a concise and easy-to-digest format for users.

3. Is "Just a Fyi With New Web Program" free to use?

Yes, "Just a Fyi With New Web Program" is completely free to use for all users. There are no hidden fees or subscriptions required.

4. Can I customize the topics I receive updates on?

Currently, "Just a Fyi With New Web Program" does not offer customization options. However, we are constantly working to improve the program and may consider adding this feature in the future.

5. How often are updates provided on "Just a Fyi With New Web Program"?

Updates on "Just a Fyi With New Web Program" are provided on a regular basis, typically daily or weekly depending on the frequency of relevant and interesting information available.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mspibb
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cochef