• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

June Stir-Fry Recipes: Let's Celebrate!

In summary, Brenda is offering the following recipes for June: Stir-Fry Bananas Foster Stir Fry Chocolate Hazelnut Cake Ice Cream Sundae Bars
ChefNic
What recipes are you making/offering the month of June??

I'm thinking Stir-Fry so I won't heat the oven up!
What are you all doing?
OR Do you have any favorite stir-fry demo? The Celebrations from last year?
THX...
:)

Wow, Ok... no one is cooking at their June Shows.
Gotcha!
Thanks anyway -- I think

I think that there was another thread about summer or June shows, maybe that's why this didn't get much attention...I was gone over Memorial Day so I didn't see it and I usually only check the new posts....so............

I am making salads, the Mandarin Pasta Salad. I don't want the oven or the stove, I get hot enough as it is when I am just talking! I have never once made a stir-fry dish, I am hoping to get the SF skillet soon so that I can remedy that!

I don't have a set recipe that I use for shows...I usually try to steer them towards easy, light recipes that don't require turning the oven on. That being said, I have a host on Tuesday who wants to make the Pineapple Upsidedown Skillet Cake and do some Chicken Skewers on her indoor grill.

I'm gonna give the Bananas Foster Stir Fry a try at tomorrows show. Even though I dont have the Stir fry pan yet:eek: :eek: :eek: . I'm just gonna make it in the 12 in skillet. I'm sure no one is even gonna notice!;) I'll let everyone know how they came out.

Ginger:cool:

The chocolate hazlenut cake in the micro is very yummy, and doesn't heat up the house at all! (I've been making it at home when entertaining for that very reason!).

I'm offering profiterole puffs, mini caprese sandwiches or the chocolate mousse in the crepe cup. Wanted to get rid of some of my Cucina Italiana Invites and recipe cards :)

Last year, I used the ovens and sometimes it was ok and others I sweat my butt off. I'm going to try to use ovenless recipes.

How is the Mandarin Pasta Salad to make? Any tips?

And the Bananas foster stir fry? How's that?

AJPratt said:
Last year, I used the ovens and sometimes it was ok and others I sweat my butt off. I'm going to try to use ovenless recipes.

How is the Mandarin Pasta Salad to make? Any tips?

And the Bananas foster stir fry? How's that?

The Mandarin pasta salad came out GREAT!! Although I did almost ALL the prepping at home. I think if anything, do the dressing ahead of time, cuz the onions have to re-hydrate. The Banans Foster went great also. Its soooooooooooo easy. didnt have my stir fry yet, so I went with the 12in skillet (WAY TO BIG) definetly the 10 in. I loved using 2 of my favs (microplane grater & citrus press) VERY VERY simple to prep & make & serve...YUMMY:D :D :D

Are either of these recipes in our Cookbooks? Sorry, I'm being lazy.

Since the ice cream sandwich maker is the special. All my hosts have agreed to do ice cream themes. We are making some ice cream sandwiches, ice cream sandwich torte or ice cream sundae bars and then shakes or alcohol ice cream drinks.

I try to pick my theme based on the guest/host special. The ice cream sandwich torte is good because you can make it on the chilzanne rectangular server which is next month's host special.

Brenda K.

The Bananas Foster is in the Casual Cooking (page 121)...the Salad is on the CC under past theme shows.

Brenda K. said:
Since the ice cream sandwich maker is the special. All my hosts have agreed to do ice cream themes. We are making some ice cream sandwiches, ice cream sandwich torte or ice cream sundae bars and then shakes or alcohol ice cream drinks.

I try to pick my theme based on the guest/host special. The ice cream sandwich torte is good because you can make it on the chilzanne rectangular server which is next month's host special.

Brenda K.
I've wondered about the Ice Cream sand. torte... is it hard to cut without the sandwiches caving in?

No it does not cave in. You do have to put it in the freezer before cutting it. However, if you have it on the chilzanne server while you are making it and then put it in the freezer for 1/2 hour - you should be good to go.

VERY YUMMY!!!!

Brenda K.

I LOVE the ice cream sandwich torte - so does my family!!!!

I "think" last year in a Weekly Bites or something, they said to cut the torte with the Serrated Knife for easier cutting. Anyone else remember that??

Lee Anne

That is what I use. Brenda K.

I'm doing the Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza, preparing the crust ahead. AND the Ice Cream Sand Torte.

I've heard of so many people having problems with the Ice Cream Sandwich maker that I'm afraid to try it....but I'll sure talk about it at the shows. I love those gift with purchase incentives.

I'm just wondering why people would want the ice cream sandwich maker when they can do the same thing with the measure-all cup?!?

Brenda K. said:

Brenda K.

Do you have any alcohol ice cream drink recipes?

If you look on the Pampered Chef website it has step by steps printable instructions on how to use the ice cream sandwich maker. I found it very helpful.

Brenda K.

ChefNic said:
What recipes are you making/offering the month of June??

I'm thinking Stir-Fry so I won't heat the oven up!
What are you all doing?
OR Do you have any favorite stir-fry demo? The Celebrations from last year?
THX...
:)

Here are my June offerings

* Mandarin Pasta Salad (with or without chicken)
* Strawberry Spinach Salad
* Greek Islands Pastry
* Creamy Caramel Apple Braid

Will also offer to make a beverage in the big pitcher:
* Perfect Party Punch *
6 cups chilled cranberry juice ****tail
4 cups chilled ginger ale
1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange-pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
1 orange

* Strawberry Lemonade Quencher *
10 cups cold water
1 can (10 ounces) frozen non-alcoholic strawberry daiquiri mix, thawed
1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (4 to 5 large lemons)
3/4 cup sugar
Whole strawberries (optional)

* Apple Berry Spritzer *

2 cans (11.5 ounces each) cranberry juice ****tail concentrate
1 liter (4 cups) chilled sparkling mineral water or club soda
1 bottle (25.4 ounces) chilled sparkling apple cider
1 orange

I might make 12 minute cakes too - I amso in aweof this stone! I sold 4 at my last show with the scraper. lol.

What is the 12 minute cake, and which stone is used?

Brenda K. said:

Brenda K.

Thanks for the tip about the Chillzanne! I am doing the torte at a show Tuesday night and I never even thought about that! I LOVE THIS BOARD!!!! Thanks again!
Jen

I have been making deviled eggs for all my shows in June to show off the chillzane. Now for me since I have 50 chickens, egg biz is slow untill our farmers market starts I have an excess of eggs. So I am killing 2 birds w/ 1 stone getting rid of eggs w/out throwing them out and selling the chillzane and booking shows!

AlowayFamily said:
What is the 12 minute cake, and which stone is used?
The 12 minute cakes are made in the Fluted Stone... you microwave them.
Do a search on 12 minute cakes and/or 123 cakes on here, and you'll find lots of recipes for it!

Definitely try it at home first... and remember all microwaves are different.

If you are doing the 12 minute cake make sure to ask each and every host if they have a full size microwave! I do these cakes all the time and I had 2 last week where the pan wouldn't turn. It can be saved if that happens though, 30-35 minutes in the oven at about 350.

Here are some ice cream drink recipes that I am giving to my hosts:
CREME DE MENTHE
1/2 gal. vanilla ice cream
2 oz creme de menthe
1 oz white creme de cacao
1 oz triple sec
Put all ingredients in blender & blend. Serve in stemmed glasses.
BRANDY ALEXANDER
3 oz brandy
3 oz Creme de Cacao
Blender of vanilla ice cream (about 1/2 gallon)
Mix above in blender. Serves 6.
PEPPERMINT TWIST PUNCH
3 qts peppermint ice crema
1 fifth & 1 pin vodka
Thirteen 28 oz bottles 7-UP
Soften ice cream. Combine ice cream w/vodka in 4 gallon punch bowl. Slowly add chilled 7-UP. Stir to blend. Makes 140 punch cups.
RUM BANANA COOLER
3 jiggers creme de banana
3 jiggers light rum
3 cups vanilla ice cream
1 cup milk
1 cup ice cubes
2 whole bananas
Sprinkle of nutmeg, optional
Place all ingredients in blender. Mix until bananas & ice cubes are well blended. Serve in tall glasses. Serves 6.
PINK SQUIRRELS
3 oz. Creme de Cacao
3 oz. Creme de Almond
Blender of vanilla ice-cream, (not ice-milk)
Blend all ingredients together and enjoy! Tastes like a strawberry milkshake!
FROSTY ORANGE COOLER
2 cups cold orange juice
4 generous scoops orange sherbet
chilled ginger ale
Pour about 1/2 cup orange juice into each of 4 tall glasses. Add a scoop of orange sherbet to each glass. Fill glasses with ginger ale. Stir slightly to blend.
Makes 4 servings.
STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE
1 package (10 ounces) frozen strawberries, thawed
4 cups milk
1 pint (2 cups) strawberry ice cream
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
In an electric blender, combine half of the strawberries, milk, ice cream, and lemon zest. Blend at high speed for 1 minute; transfer to pitcher or tall glasses. Repeat for second batch.
Strawberry smoothie recipe makes about 8 cups.

The bottom two are non-alcoholic. The top ones are with alcohol.

Brenda K.

Ann F said:
I'm doing the Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza, preparing the crust ahead. AND the Ice Cream Sand Torte.

I've heard of so many people having problems with the Ice Cream Sandwich maker that I'm afraid to try it....but I'll sure talk about it at the shows. I love those gift with purchase incentives.

The Ice Cream Sandwich Torte was a great hit at my summer shows last year. I did not have any problems. I use the chillzanne and let is re-freeze while serving the main dish. Serve the torte during the order taking portion of the show. The Slice n Serve (the metal one) works well with this dessert also.

As for my shows, I do not have set recipes. I let the host choose the type of recipe and then let her choose from several different recipes. I really like the Risotto, side/side Calzones, the Med. Cafe Salad for main dishes. I choose desserts based on the host's taste, ie, chocolate, fruit etc. If chocoloate, the molten skillet brownie, if fruit, the strawberry pastries, or the fruit tart on the cookie (sorry cannot remember the name) from past celebration shows.

I might start doing the micro cakes at shows again, but had a difficult time last year with microwaves that were to small, or low powered. But everyone has such good luck with them, I might try again. It really makes 2 recipes so much easier.

I love the Mandarin Pasta Salad. It is one of my very favorite recipes. I use every tool I can and LOVE the Micrplane Adjustable Grater for the fresh ginger. It's the only way to go. I also use the Julienne Peeler and add strips of carrots. You can find this recipe on the PC website under past celebrations recipes.
The Super Salad recipe cards are great too.

Where is the mandarin pasta salad recipe?
thanx!

koren said:
Where is the mandarin pasta salad recipe?
thanx!

the Salad is on the CC under past theme shows.
Good Luck, Its super easy & make the dressing ahead of time.:D

Ginger:cool:

Mandarin Pasta SaladI posted the recipe a while back and I've also seen it as an attachment, so if you search on it you'll probably find it. I have a question for those of you that do it at shows. When you add the onion soup mix and let it reconstitute, do you strain the dressing or just dump it in? I personally can't stand the onion bits, so I've been straining it.

Thanks!

Diane

What does the Pasta Salad taste like? I hear everyone raving, but... the onion soup mix part turns me off! Isn't it too salty or something? I have the recipe.. I just am afraid to try it because it sounds weird.

Momma23boys said:
What does the Pasta Salad taste like? I hear everyone raving, but... the onion soup mix part turns me off! Isn't it too salty or something? I have the recipe.. I just am afraid to try it because it sounds weird.

Try It You'll Like It!!!:D :D :D
Also you are not adding salt & nothing else has salt in it, except for the soup mix. I like to add extra orange juice & less vinegar. ( actually I have been getting small tangerines or clementines & using them with the citrus press ) I just love using that.:D

I've been making the Spinach/Strawberry salad (Casual Cooking - i think). I'm substituting splenda for sugar in the poppyseed dressing. Wonderful!! It's been a huge hit! With that I've made the Rasberry Lemonade in the quick stir pitcher.

june recipesHi all..
doing the BBQ chicken cobb salad...awesome one with the grilling the chicken on grill on skewers!! Easy and quick and shows lots of products!!
Also did the amaretto puffs recipe...also great one for summer. They all loved them tonite at my show...
karlene reaser

I tried a new recipe last week it was found in the casual cookbook . It was the italian salad pizza. Use boboli crust . there is 10 min of bake time but do that early with host to melt the parm as it suggests. Turn the oven off and prep for the show. Not only will it be cool when guests arrive but the smell of bread will be a heavenly scent. The pizza by the way, is delicious!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • dollfangs
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
RCKmom
  • Lisa/ChefBear