• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

June Booking Woes: How I'm Struggling to Fill My Calendar This Month

the show? Wasn't that fabulous? I really want to get that DCB in everyone's hands. Could you help me? I know you wanted to book a show and this month is perfect. Guests at your show have the last opportunity to order the DCB. Due to the huge demand, TPC had to make the tough decision to allow the Cranberry DCB as a host only product starting July 1st. BUT...this month everyone can still get one before the July 1st deadline. How does a Cooking Show sound? (if a "NO" response, say...That's OK, we can do a Catalog Show which is much simpler and an easy way to earn the host
kayleigh
Last night I finally had the time to sit down and make phone calls. I had three shows on my calendar; far from what I wanted or needed esp. with June being a SAT month. So I called my current hosts first to check in with them and see if I could answer any questions. 2 of my 3 shows cancelled on me! One just had a baby and she wanted to wait until she had more money, (July or August), so basically to me, she rescheduled, not a big deal. The other wants to wait to fall.... not helping me earn any incentives.

So I continued with my calls and left several messages (again) with hopes of booking June. NOTHING. I am completely discouraged.

I sent out a "booking blitz" for my team members and not one participated. I am ready to just give up. :cry:

I am used to hearing no, but man sometime soon I would love to hear a yes.

I feel for you. I have had this happen too. Don't give up 5 minutes before the miracle!

Get your email contacts together and send them a message about the Cranberry DCB. Let them know this month is the last chance for their friends and family to order it. Also let them know that the DCB turns into a "Host Only" special starting July 1st.

By me doing this and making calls, I have booked 2 more Cooking Shows and a Catalog Show in the past 24 hours. Seriously, give it a try.

Danielle,
May I ask you the wording you're using when booking the shows with the DCB? I have no problems picking up the phone but I feel like I must not be saying the "right" thing because, like kayleigh, I'm getting so many 'no's'!

Thank you!
Sheila

Hi Sheila, I actually wish I had recorded what I said because I was basically winging it.

However, I first ask how they were enjoying their products (these were people that had said they would book a show off of the show they attended). Then I would add my comments about the DCB, "Do you remember the DCB I used at the show? Wasn't that fabulous? I really want to get that DCB in everyone's hands. Could you help me? I know you wanted to book a show and this month is perfect. Guests at your show have the last opportunity to order the DCB. Due to the huge demand, TPC had to make the tough decision to allow the Cranberry DCB as a host only product starting July 1st. BUT...this month everyone can still get one before the July 1st deadline. How does a Cooking Show sound? (if a "NO" response, say...That's OK, we can do a Catalog Show which is much simpler and an easy way to earn the host benefits. Would you like me to send you some catalogs and order forms?) Etc. Etc.

Does that help you?

Just an idea is also focus on summer entertaining with grilling and salad recipes. People are getting out the old washed up grilling utensils that they may have purchased for a "good price" and had it last for one season.

People are getting ready to go camping so I also am focusing on collapsable bowls, grill baskets, rubs (great if you forgot to marinade something), the Cool & Serve..."I was just thinking about you and thought you may like to know about our newest product that is becoming a big seller." I have booked 2 parties with that and I had almost no shows on my calendar.

Sound excited as well. I understand exactly where you are coming from because yesterday I was in quite the funk and "no" was just not an answer I wanted to hear. On a day like that...I don't call because as hard as I try, it is hard to find the right words.

Today is a much better day for me to hear no! (Thank goodness) And yes, even though I am an Advanced Director, my personal team is not very enthusiastic right now. I want it so bad for people, but they need to want it as well! Work with the willing and be grateful even if it is one willing person. (I know, easier said than done, sometimes!)

DessertDivaFL said:
Hi Sheila, I actually wish I had recorded what I said because I was basically winging it.

However, I first ask how they were enjoying their products (these were people that had said they would book a show off of the show they attended). Then I would add my comments about the DCB, "Do you remember the DCB I used at the show? Wasn't that fabulous? I really want to get that DCB in everyone's hands. Could you help me? I know you wanted to book a show and this month is perfect. Guests at your show have the last opportunity to order the DCB. Due to the huge demand, TPC had to make the tough decision to allow the Cranberry DCB as a host only product starting July 1st. BUT...this month everyone can still get one before the July 1st deadline. How does a Cooking Show sound? (if a "NO" response, say...That's OK, we can do a Catalog Show which is much simpler and an easy way to earn the host benefits. Would you like me to send you some catalogs and order forms?) Etc. Etc.

Does that help you?

Great words, Danielle!!!

the same thing happened to me last summer, so I feel your pain! I got discouraged and the snowball effect left me with a weak fall & winter. My husband and I just relocated and moved about 3 hours from what we had always called "home".........yet another challenge. I was ready to give up too and had my first non-active month ever for the month of April. I really came to a crossroad and had to make a decision of whether or not I was going to go for it or not, because one more month of non-activity would've meant that I would lose my career sales and my 2% commission raise I had worked so hard for.

so, here's the good news that I hope will encourage you: I decided to "re-start" my business and go back to grassroots...........asking the people I know I could count on to host again for me. I started with nothing last week and I now have firm scheduled dates for two June shows, one July show and a catalog show. I also have several that I am working on to firm up some dates! One of the themes that I am offering seems to get my potential host excited and it is "Fajitas & 'Ritas" !!! Everyone seems to love mexican food along with a margarita.

Since I am so much farther away from by original business area, I've come up with something that is helping me make sure my host is as committed as I am; I'm offering the host an extra $15 in free product credit if she has $150 or more in outside orders BEFORE her show (which after the host discount and the commission I would be paid on that $15 it makes it a lot less).

Hang in there!!

I love the fajitas and ritas!!

My June was not looking like I wanted it to either and I was searching for ideas to get back on track. I just submitted my first (but DEFINITELY not my last) mystery host show! It was the biggest show I have had yet with sales at $1546, and we had a lot of fun doing it. The new Cool & Serve tray helped out a lot, I believe 10 were sold altogether. I am already planning my next one for September 1st when the new catalog starts. Good luck to you!

Did everyone get together for this or did you have everyone collect orders and then went from there?

I also have tried mystery host shows and I have not had that luck at all. I dont know if it was the way I was presenting it or if it was just because no one wanted to participate.???
Did you have people come to your home or just collect orders? How did you present it?

I had a $1,000 mystery catalog show last June and everyone loved it. I asked for 10 "helpers" to gather $100 in orders and then all of the benefits would be divided so that everyone won something (free product amount, 1/2 price items and host special). I ended up having 8 participate and it still worked out. My suggestion (and what I'm doing this year) is to do this during the free product host month which is August. That way you can have less "helpers" if you have to in order to make it work and be worthwhile.

Last year when I did this I was in Maui and came home to a $1,000 show that happened while I was on vacation.......:)

imloopner said:
Did everyone get together for this or did you have everyone collect orders and then went from there?

I just did a catalog show for this one, but I am thinking of doing a cooking show in my home for my next one. I made it pretty easy for them; I delivered a catalog & order forms to each host and picked them up a week later. After I tallied up the orders I did a drawing for benefits and called them all to tell them what they had 'won'. It was great fun, they all want to do it again.

I had one lady suggest that we find 12 dedicated participants and do it each month with the benefits of a $1200 show rotating amongst them. I might have to explore that one further.

Hmmmm .... I may revisit the idea of a power cooking workshop in my neighborhood ... or going door to door, introducing myself as a consultant in their area, etc.

My month is looking good but not as well as I'd like during sell-a-thon ... I only need another 118 to meet my initial goal (a second show) or $180 to meet my BIGGER initial goal ($1250 in sales) but then I need another show by the end of the month ($250) to meet my goal of $1500 in sales. I've been there and have never met this goal. The mystery host thing has never worked for me and I, too, wonder if it's how I presented it. Also am thinking that August would be a good month to do this.

I actually found a flyer on here I believe that is 24 bookings in 24 hours and I am going to try that. I have had no luck with replacing shows for my June. I literally have one show scheduled and she has not returned any phone call so I dont even know if I can count on this. I am willing to try anything just to obtain my requirements for team leader. I will see how this goes and let everyone know.

1. What is "June Is Falling Apart" and what does it have to do with Pampered Chef?

"June Is Falling Apart" is a campaign created by Pampered Chef to raise awareness about the importance of self-care and mental health during the month of June. As a company that promotes healthy and happy living through cooking and kitchen products, we want to encourage our customers to take care of themselves as well.

2. How can I participate in the "June Is Falling Apart" campaign?

There are several ways you can take part in the "June Is Falling Apart" campaign. You can follow our social media pages and share our posts, use the hashtag #JuneIsFallingApart on your own social media posts, or join our virtual events and workshops focused on self-care and mental health.

3. Is there a specific product or collection associated with the "June Is Falling Apart" campaign?

No, there is not a specific product or collection associated with the campaign. However, we do have a variety of products that can help make self-care and cooking at home easier and more enjoyable. You can browse our website or reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for recommendations.

4. Are there any discounts or promotions for the "June Is Falling Apart" campaign?

While there are no specific discounts or promotions for the campaign, we do have ongoing sales and specials that may be applicable. Additionally, by participating in our virtual events and workshops, you may have the chance to win free products or receive exclusive offers.

5. Can I still purchase Pampered Chef products during the "June Is Falling Apart" campaign?

Yes, you can still purchase Pampered Chef products during the campaign. Our products are available for purchase online or through your independent consultant. We also offer contactless delivery options for your convenience and safety.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJeniLobdell
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
  • elizabethby
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • wadesgirl