• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can June hosts with $500 in sales choose ANY collapsible bowl at 60% off?

In summary, the June host special is similar to the host bonuses when I started. There are three or four levels, and if hosts don't like the items in the level they earn, tough. The special concerns me because it ends up being the month with the highest average sale. Make it about the free products they will get, not the host special.
LBurke
I'm confused about something... Can June hosts with $500 in sales choose ANY of the collapsable bowls at 60% or do they have to get the 2 qt.?
BTW I HATE when the host special is $500 in sales or more...

No the first level is up to $499 they get the 2 qt bowl. The next level $500-699 they can get the 4 qt and the 2 qt (or just the 2 qt if that's all they want). The next level above $700 gets their choice of all three or less.

The June host special is reminiscent of the host bonuses when I started. Back then, there was no 60% off items, but hosts received free products (a different selection each month) based on their sales. There were usually 3 or 4 levels, and if hosts didn't like the items in the level they earned, tough.

This host special really concerns me, especially if it ends up being the Sell a Thon month. Stoneware was an awesome SAT month for me in Nov. I haven't sold a single collap. bowl yet, and with this special they just get the small one for regular avg. sale shows. I can't really see this one as being a special that will motivate hosts to increase their show total. Unless they want the Chillzanne at the $650 level! Ouch, that month's gonna hurt. I'm going to have to come up with a way to get really excited about those bowls and really talk them up at my shows. I mean, I do think they are nice, but I don't see them as being that big of a motivation to most people.

babywings76 said:
This host special really concerns me, especially if it ends up being the Sell a Thon month. Stoneware was an awesome SAT month for me in Nov. I haven't sold a single collap. bowl yet, and with this special they just get the small one for regular avg. sale shows. I can't really see this one as being a special that will motivate hosts to increase their show total. Unless they want the Chillzanne at the $650 level! Ouch, that month's gonna hurt. I'm going to have to come up with a way to get really excited about those bowls and really talk them up at my shows. I mean, I do think they are nice, but I don't see them as being that big of a motivation to most people.

Then don't make it about the host special, make it about the free products they will get.

babywings76 said:

I take the 2qt one and leave it collapsed on the table where I am doing my demonstration. Once I put my recipe in the oven, I call everyone back to the table and tell them I have one more thing I would like to show them, and that it has opened up one full cabinet in my kitchen. Then I go into opening up the bowl and showing them, and also mentioning how these are great if you have an rv/trailer/boat or just like to camp in a tent. I've sold at least two at each show since I started doing that.

i have a huge kitchen so it is not a big deal to me but my sister has a small gally kitchen and loves these because they do collapse they really are a space saver. i dont like the fact that the goal is so high. i know the $500 show is possible and reachable but when they see May is 150..... they might weigh it out and go with another month.

Now see, I guess I'm in the minority, but I'm super excited about the June specials!!! I think that having those higher sales incentives will only push my hosts to get even more outside orders!!! I mean, if they hit the $650 mark they'll get a Chillzanne item (which is HUGE) and that means that they would only be $50 away from the $700 mark to get all 3 of the collapsible bowls!!!! I'm loving this!! I think my sales will be huge this month which will only HELP me for the SAT.
And as far as the collapsible bowls go, they have a ton of advantages to them...just think of folks that have campers, rv's, small kitchens, etc.

c00p said:
Now see, I guess I'm in the minority, but I'm super excited about the June specials!!! I think that having those higher sales incentives will only push my hosts to get even more outside orders!!! I mean, if they hit the $650 mark they'll get a Chillzanne item (which is HUGE) and that means that they would only be $50 away from the $700 mark to get all 3 of the collapsible bowls!!!! I'm loving this!! I think my sales will be huge this month which will only HELP me for the SAT.
And as far as the collapsible bowls go, they have a ton of advantages to them...just think of folks that have campers, rv's, small kitchens, etc.

I couldn't agree more, I am excited about them! And it will push the host to get to the higher levels, especially with the Chillzanne items. :love:

I like the bowls, but I wish it was a choice of all three instead of only those. But then, they can always get one at 50% off instead if they don't get there.I think the Chillzanne will help a lot too. I like that they have bonuses for those that do a better show. I appreciate that even a $400 show receives the host special though. The exciting part really is everything that they get free though!!

I have to second the statement about making it about the other benefits to hosting. The host special is a BONUS, and shouldn't be the only reason people host.But I also think that the opportunity to get Chillzanne pieces will be HUGE, too! I have customers who will want them, but I'm not mentioning them until I get my April and May they way I want them.

babywings76 said:
This host special really concerns me, especially if it ends up being the Sell a Thon month. Stoneware was an awesome SAT month for me in Nov. I haven't sold a single collap. bowl yet, and with this special they just get the small one for regular avg. sale shows.

Are you serious? Do you bring it to shows? I use it for my drawing slips and usually sell one at every show!

My issue with it is the past host benefit. If a current host REALLY wants a special that is coming up, she will find/persude someone to have a show to get it. Past hosts "suggesting" to their friends to have a Feb show made my February awesome.

But, in this case, I think the pasty host can get the 2 qt only at 60% off. So be careful - the past host does not get the Chillzane or any other bowl. I don't really see the current host convincing someone to have a show to get the 2qt coll bowl. JMO

I found the snippet from the flyer:
The past host from whom the June Show was booked (if the past host’s Show was held on or after Dec. 1, 2008) is eligible to receive the 2-qt. Collapsible Serving Bowl at 60% off.

DebbieJ said:
Are you serious? Do you bring it to shows? I use it for my drawing slips and usually sell one at every show!

I had the large one with me at every show I did since I started in June--but stopped showing it during this winter season...too many other things I was wanting to show and had to draw the line somewhere. But when I did bring it and show it, I talked about how cool it was that you could use it in the flat position, too. I think it was so large, maybe that's why I didn't sell any? So now that we have these smaller ones, maybe I'll sell some. The season just started and my first show with being able to show the smaller ones is this Sat. So it's not like I've had that many chances to show them yet. And yes, I do plan to use them for collecting the drawing slips. Previously I used the small square bamboo bowl (and still have yet to sell one of those) to collect the drawing slips.

But like others have said, I'm just going to remind people of all the amazing benefits and who knows, maybe people will surprise me and be excited about the bowls. And don't get me wrong... I go with a positive attitude at my shows. I am upbeat and show how great our products are and do the booking slide and such. It's just on here that I had to vent my concern about how my June will take shape.

Has anyone figured out WHY the June host special is set up with sales levels instead of a straight 60% off product for hosting? My director and I did last night. Think carefully about the new career plan. One of the NEW "branches" has nothing to do with recruiting to hit higher earning levels but rather sales. Top Sellers who achieve so much in sales each year can achieve director level pay checks based soley on sales. So this fits right into that new "branch" of career plan.

That's a good theory, John. I also think HO is trying to make it better for hosts of big shows, like the old host plan (remember the points - ick! - and the free host bonuses that they couldn't pick). Especially in months with "pick anything" as the bonus (like Feb.), it's almost unfair for $150 show hosts to get the same bonus as $1500 show hosts. Offering a tiered bonus encourages hosts to work more to get the bigger one. Now, we all know that bigger shows benefit us with the tiered commission structure. So it's a good thing all around.

Never thought of that. It does make more sense to reward bigger for bigger sales as well. I mean is it really fair that a host, who does basically nothing can get the exact product and price as the host who goes and gets those 25 orders to a $1000 party? I like that thinking Ann. And it is worth the effort to really drive that point home! Especially if you need sales that month to get money to go to conference!!! Like me!! I am gonna need all the help I can get money wise so the bigger the bargin for the host, the better tool for me to sell them on selling!

heather223 said:
I couldn't agree more, I am excited about them! And it will push the host to get to the higher levels, especially with the Chillzanne items. :love:

I'm not booking June yet...I want my late April and all of May to fill up a little more but I could not be more excited about these specials. I mean, c'mon...what a great incentive for our hosts! I have not sold many/any of those bowls over the winter and it's probably because I focused on other things...especially stoneware for cooking/baking. But, now that summer is fast approaching, it's the perfect timing for that kind of seasonal sale!

If only those bowls weren't so GREEN. Ugh.

pampered1224 said:
Never thought of that. It does make more sense to reward bigger for bigger sales as well. I mean is it really fair that a host, who does basically nothing can get the exact product and price as the host who goes and gets those 25 orders to a $1000 party? I like that thinking Ann. And it is worth the effort to really drive that point home! Especially if you need sales that month to get money to go to conference!!! Like me!! I am gonna need all the help I can get money wise so the bigger the bargin for the host, the better tool for me to sell them on selling!

I think our hostess rewards program is AWESOME!!!! I mean the "hostess special" is a bonus just for hosting a show. The host that does $150 DOES NOT get the same as the $1000 host!!!! There is a HUGE difference, like $200 in FREE product and 4 1/2 price items AND 30% discount!!! The "host bonus" is just an incentive to actually host. I love it when my host's are go getters but in this economy, maybe some can only achieve the $150 level and for that, they deserve something!!!! I offer to all of my host the chance to earn a little something extra, but our host program is so awesome without it.

I'm not excited about the June host special, except for the chilzanne part.

However .. I AM excited about the guest specials! That, in my opinion, will push people to submit bigger and bigger orders!

I plan to focus on what the host benefits are EVERY DAY, including the 50 percent off items, and the great guest special that will increase their sales. Oh, and mention the opportunity to earn the FREE chilzanne, and that to do that, they really need to plan to have more than 10 buying guests ...

1. What is the June host special for Pampered Chef?

The June host special for Pampered Chef is the "Grill & Chill" bundle, which includes the Quick Cooker, Grill Pan, and Chillzanne Rectangle Server for just $299.

2. How does a customer qualify for the June host special?

To qualify for the June host special, a customer must host a Pampered Chef party with a minimum of $650 in sales and at least two guest orders.

3. Can the June host special be combined with other offers or discounts?

No, the June host special cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. It is a standalone promotion for hosts in the month of June.

4. What is the value of the June host special?

The "Grill & Chill" bundle has a retail value of $400, but is available to hosts for just $299 as a special offer for the month of June.

5. Can the June host special be purchased without hosting a party?

No, the June host special is only available to hosts who have hosted a party with a minimum of $650 in sales and at least two guest orders. It is a reward for hosting a party and cannot be purchased separately.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
Replies
Views
Suzballard
  • simms148
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies