• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

June Booking Ideas for Reaching $10,000 Sales Goal

In summary, Donetta is planning on offering a free cooking show in May to her customers, as well as asking her friends and family to hold cooking shows in June. Her goal is to earn 3 things for her conference: Future Director, Level 3 of the Sell-a-thon, and the Breakfast of Giving. Offering extra 50% off item is also an incentive for her customers.
DZmom
Ok, with an Ultimate Goal of $10,000 for sales in June, I'd thought start a thread so that everyone can post their ideas on how they are going to reach for that very big bright star!

I plan on offering each of my customers in May a FREE Cooking show if they will hold the show in June! I also plan on calling everyone I know and asking them to book a show! I including friends and family in Virginia, PA, Texas, & Alabama!

I've thought about the free show, and I may do that as well. I already have 4 June shows in place, but I could do more. Sad thing...I only have TWO May shows. It's not over yet though. :)

I have 5 shows and 2 catalog shows for May, but only 1 June show! I'd really like to earn 3 things for conference; Future Director, Level 3 of the Sell-a-thon, and the Breakfast of Giving!

Offering Extra 50% off Item.My director and I are working on the following incentive:

Book a June* Show and receive an extra product of your choice for 50% off.

Refer a friend who books a June* Show and you BOTH receive an extra product for 50% off.

* Show must be held an submitted between 6/10/06 and 6/29/06.

We are not putting a $ requirement on the Show, we will rely on GREAT Host Coaching to ensure it is AT LEAST at $500 Show. My average right now is around $700, my director's is about $950.

We've done the math as follows:

Assuming a $500 Show:
Product Retail = $100
Host Discount = 25%
Adjusted Product Cost = $75.00

Customer Pays ½ of retail = $50
Balance Consultant pays out of pocket at show = $50.00

Consultant Commission = 25%
Commission on Adjusted Product Cost = $18.75

Net Cost to Consultant = $50.00 – 18.75 = $6.25

Commission on $500 Show = $125.00

Total Profit for Consultant = $118.75

Even if someone chooses the most expensive item in the catalog (7pc Exec Cookware Set), Net Cost to Consultant (with the above assumptions) is only $21.56, with a Total Profit of $103.44. If both referring friend and host get the deal, Net cost is $43.12, with total profit of $81.88. Still a win –win (you gain a profitable Show, earn free products, grow your business with future bookings from that show, recruit leads).

The numbers are even better if you have reached $15K career sales and/or are a Future Director or above.

Donetta

Assuming a $500 Show:
Product Retail = $100
Host Discount = 25%

Balance Consultant pays out of pocket at show = $50.00

Net Cost to Consultant = $50.00 – 18.75 = $6.25

isn't 50-18.75 a little more than 6.25? Isn't it like 30 something? This would make your profit less than 100 dollars.

I think she met to say Balance Consultant pays out of pocket at show = $25.00 which would then make Net Cost to Consultant = $25.00 – 18.75 = $6.25 - that makes more sense.

Ooopss. Here's the corrected numbers...Assuming a $500 Show:
Product Retail = $100
Host Discount = 25%

Balance Consultant pays out of pocket at show = $25.00

Net Cost to Consultant = $25.00 – 18.75 = $6.25

I have 2 June shows scheduled already and only 2 more days open that I want to fill (I only want to do 4 shows a month). The 2 days I have open are June 10 and 17. I'm considering offering $10 off of the host's order if she books on the the tenth and $17 off if she books on the seventeenth. I'm shooting for $3000 in sales in June and dividing that over 4 shows means $750per show will get me there.

Off to a great start...I think in order to have a great June you have to have a great May. And I am off to a GREAATTT :D start with 14 cooking shows booked for May (only need 2 more to have all my dates filled) and 10 catalog shows! I have 4 June shows right now and have room for 12 more!! Gotta get busy booking!

There are certain months that my family knows I am going to be working hard, these are February (double points), May (HWC and TPC), June (sell-a-thon), September (fall kickoff), December (sell-a-thon and trip). The other months I still do an average of 6-8 shows a month. My husband knows that although I am doing 14-18 shows these months I will slow down the next month and so on! This makes it easy for me to have months were I only do 1 show a week so we can take a 2 week family vacation or so we can go camping every weekend or so I can take 4 weeks off for Christmas to be with the family! My family helps me in my busy months and in turn I spend more time with them in other months!

Back to what I am doing to fill my June....I am going to offer my "Outdoor entertaining set" at a discount. I will let all of my potential hosts know that this is a $50+ value and they can save $50-$20!! :D The discount will be determined by the day they set their show June 1=$1, June 6=$6, June 20=$20, etc.

My Outdoor entertaining set will have: 2 sets of Outdoor party plates $24.00, Quick Stir Pitcher $14.50, and choice of BBQ tool $12-$17.25

Total $50.50-$55.75
MINUS
Host discount $12.63-$13.94
(25% my host average)
EQUALS
$37.87-$41.81
MINUS
my commission $11.36-$12.54
(30%)

MAXIMUM TOTAL OUT OF POCKET (June 1st=$1) $25.51-$28.27

At the minimum party of $150 in guest sales I would still have a profit from the show!

At my average of $750 I would have a profit of around $200

I am going to offer a raffle for the mid season products that I just bought on Sample supply to entice June bookings and maybe a FREE Host special with a $600 min show. Hope it works! I have 2 booked so far, need 4-6 more to help me earn sell a thon for new products!

Wow Marlene, 14 shows and 10 catalogs shows, that is incredible!

That is incredible!! What to go Marlene! And you just got back from Vienna, correct? That's why, folks :)!!

Marlene: Do you have a fulltime job--other than PC?

To get those June shows I plan on offering two different incentives to my hosts. First, anyone who has a show in June is going to be able to select one of four items to get Free. I will use their discount to order them so that I will be able to get them at even less.

*Outdoor Party Plates
*Ice Cream Dipper
*Chillzanne Mini Bowl
*Small Batter Bowl

The other part of my incentive is for hosts who have a show of $500 or more. They will still get the gift of their choice from above and an additional $15 of free product value. Again I will use their discount and make the out of pocket expense even less for me.

Good luck to everyone who is working on earning any of the levels!! I am shooting for $3000!

ta da...thanks everyone for the kudos!:cool: :D ;)

Yup...Vienna was amazing! Had to get back on the business trail though after...had a sad March and first half of April! So I got on the phone and set a goal for myself! Needed at least $4000 in sales to get TPC so I set my sights on $9000!! Always over shoot your goal!

And yes, I do have a full time job besides Pampered Chef...my 3 year old and 1 year old!! ;) But, no I do not work outside of the home besides the Pampered Chef. I do this so I can make ends meet...but still be at home with my kids!

Why do you ask?

probably because it would be hard to do 14 shows plus hold a full time job!
That's awesome 24 shows in all! Good for you!

You Go Girl!!!Wow Marlene...way to go!

Anything particular that you do or say to get people to book? I could only dream of having that many scheduled shows in a month's time! BRAVO!

Maybe once my oldest gets into sports, I'll have a chance to fill my calendar!

great ideas!Great ideas ladies:) This was a great thread, I was trying to think of some extra incentives myself. I'm sure I can hit 3000, would be overjoyed to hit 6000! I just LOVE earning new products!!
I think offering a free gift, or extra free product value is a good thing. Maybe give the host a choice, either 15 extra in FPV, or ____ for free?
Thanks for the ideas!!!!!
(and congrats on that Vienna trip! I'm shooting for SanFran this year)

I am planning to promote a "Dollar Days" that I saw here a few months ago. I am going to start promoting it tonight at a show. Keep your fingers crossed. The "Book to Look" idea did not do so well for me. Hopefully this will. :)

I'm offering each of my May host's their choice of any $10 product for free for every June booking. They'll get to pick the product of their choice at each June show! I've already got one host that is working for that! She's got 2 bookings already! Yeah, if I can get them to commit to a June date, that will make me 3!

I ask because doing PC fulltime is a goal of mine. I have a 9-5 job and want to have children and be able to be home. The cost of childcare is scary. My husband doesn't think I could do it, but I'd love to be able to show him that I can and I will! Any suggestions?

DZmom said:
I'm offering each of my May host's their choice of any $10 product for free for every June booking. They'll get to pick the product of their choice at each June show! I've already got one host that is working for that! She's got 2 bookings already! Yeah, if I can get them to commit to a June date, that will make me 3!

I was doing the same thing, and I am also offering incentives for my friends and family that if they get someone they know to book, they will get another $10. I know a lot of them want things, so I am hoping that this might give them just the little push that they need.

June is a really, really rough month from me, I am going to school full-time and going to classes 5 days and week, so I am shooting for the $10,000. It does seem sort of unrealistic though, but that is my goal, and the great thing is that my hubby is super supportive of this as well and doesn't laugh when I mention my goal!

You can do it!
AJPratt said:
I ask because doing PC fulltime is a goal of mine. I have a 9-5 job and want to have children and be able to be home. The cost of childcare is scary. My husband doesn't think I could do it, but I'd love to be able to show him that I can and I will! Any suggestions?

Anne,

I don't know the amount of income you have to replace in order to quit your 9-5 job...but it can be done! :) You of course, need to decide how much $$ a month you would need to make in order to make that jump. They take that and divide it by your average show and over book!! If you need 6 shows at a $600 average, then book 7 or 8!!

My personal income averages $1600 a month when I do my 8 shows. My team income usually pushes me over $2000 a month. So, being a director definately pays!;)

You noticed that I said when I do 8 shows. :rolleyes: There are months where I only do 4-6...but there are months that I do 10-14. Last year, I averaged 8 Cooking shows a month to get to Vienna!

My advice is to decide what you want and how you are going to get there! Set goals and write them down where you will see them everyday! My tracking chart for the Bahamas is on my office door so that I see it everyday!! My family also sees it...so my husband knows how close we are! Already have 32,000 points!! :D :D

I'm just totally amazed Marlene, I really am. Did you ever imagine doing this all with Pampered Chef? I love reading about how you've done it and went on the trips, a total inspiration.

Here's my secret....
Cookin'InTX said:
Wow Marlene...way to go!

Anything particular that you do or say to get people to book? I could only dream of having that many scheduled shows in a month's time! BRAVO!

Maybe once my oldest gets into sports, I'll have a chance to fill my calendar!

script that I stole from someone else!:rolleyes: ;)

"In May it is my goal to raise $500 for the Help Whip Cancer Campaign. I need your help."
At cooking shows when I take everyone's order:

"there are 4 ways you can help fight the battle of cancer:
host a cooking show, I have May 17 and 22 left.
book a catalog show, share catalogs with your friends and earn some of these products you want for free.
collect orders for our unique pink products with this easy order form, in return I will give you 20% off your order.
OR
You can pre-order these wonderful pink products tonight. Remember $1 from every product goes towards the fight against breast cancer!"

On the phone:

"If I send you a sheet with our unique pink products and order forms, would you be willing to collect orders for 20 or more pink products to help fight the battle of cancer?

We've all been touched in someway by this disease and research is the key to a cure. Collecting 20 orders will bring $20 to the ACS. Would you like to have a catalog or 2 as well to share with your friends? I will donate 10% of those proceeds too."

If more conversation takes place, tell them you are still booking fund-raiser cooking shows and handing out ACS inform cards to every guest at the show. We can all do our part!!

Knew it the whole time...
CarlyK said:
I'm just totally amazed Marlene, I really am. Did you ever imagine doing this all with Pampered Chef? I love reading about how you've done it and went on the trips, a total inspiration.

Nah...just kidding! :D When I started the PC I started to make an extra $200 a month to make ends meet. My daughter was 6 weeks old the day I signed my agreement and I had to do something to help with the household expenses...or we would be eating Macaroni and cheese every night...and not Kraft!!;)

When I earned Disney, I knew I could earn a trip every year! So when you know you can do it ...there is no excuse! In January I told everyone (friends, family, hosts, customers) that we would be going to the Bahamas in 2007! Wouldn't I look like a scmuck if I didn't??:p Guess I set myself up for success!

If you would have told me 5 years ago that I would be selling PC...I would tell you ..."WHAT ARE YOU CRAZY?" :eek: I was working on my Masters in business when I became pregnant with my daughter...so my priorities changed...my life changed!

Now of course...I have worked PC for over 3 years, been on 2 trips, had another baby in 2005...and can't imagine going back to 9-5!!:eek:

And remember...I am doing this living in Wyoming...where the wildlife out populates the humans!!:p

Try figuring out how much you would save
AJPratt said:

One thing you also need to figure is how much you would save, and subtract that from your income...like childcare, extra gas everyday, work attire (uniform or business dress, etc.), and eating out because you get home late and are too tired to cook.

Start tracking that for a few months, and then subtract the average from your actual income...then, that is the minimum amount (maybe add in a $100 cushion) you would need to make.

That's what we did when we decided to have me stay at home...and we quickly discovered that we were practically paying to have me work!

Good luck with everything!

Wow Marlene, that is awesome! I'd love to know what words you use to book those May shows. I've had 4 April shows cancel and have been on the phone trying to book May shows-no succes yet. I will be participating in an Arts & Crafts Fair on May 6th, but would really like to get some May dates on my calendar now. Thanks so much!

I finally got the nerve up to ask for a HWC show and it worked! I buy Merle Norman makeup and I thought that would be a great place for HWC. I called and asked the Manager and she was excited about it. And it's Mothers Day weekend, so that should be great (on Saturday). Now I'm going to have to ask somebody else. Woo hoo!

Jeanie Gay

Look above...
Suzy Englert said:
Wow Marlene, that is awesome! I'd love to know what words you use to book those May shows. I've had 4 April shows cancel and have been on the phone trying to book May shows-no succes yet. I will be participating in an Arts & Crafts Fair on May 6th, but would really like to get some May dates on my calendar now. Thanks so much!

Suzy,

I typed up my script up above for everyone to try!

Good luck!

Smiles,:D

can't find itI can't see where the script is - where should I be looking to see it?

Marlene's script!
fruit76loop said:
script that I stole from someone else!:rolleyes: ;)

"In May it is my goal to raise $500 for the Help Whip Cancer Campaign. I need your help."
At cooking shows when I take everyone's order:

"there are 4 ways you can help fight the battle of cancer:
host a cooking show, I have May 17 and 22 left.
book a catalog show, share catalogs with your friends and earn some of these products you want for free.
collect orders for our unique pink products with this easy order form, in return I will give you 20% off your order.
OR
You can pre-order these wonderful pink products tonight. Remember $1 from every product goes towards the fight against breast cancer!"

On the phone:

"If I send you a sheet with our unique pink products and order forms, would you be willing to collect orders for 20 or more pink products to help fight the battle of cancer?

We've all been touched in someway by this disease and research is the key to a cure. Collecting 20 orders will bring $20 to the ACS. Would you like to have a catalog or 2 as well to share with your friends? I will donate 10% of those proceeds too."

If more conversation takes place, tell them you are still booking fund-raiser cooking shows and handing out ACS inform cards to every guest at the show. We can all do our part!!

Simply Amazing Work Marlene! I would love to make that much with TPC! Sounds like your business degree pushed you to the top! Awesome!

Marlene,
You go girl! I love how you set your goals and hold yourself accountable. I hope to join you in the Bahamas!! I leave in one week for my cruise and I KNOW it'll get me addicted to ALWAYS earning a trip. That's my plan from here on out, to at least learn some type of trip every year. I"m on track for level 3/Atlantis as of now, but we'll see if I can keep that up with crazy months ahead. I was amazed when I realized I could actually earn the cruise last fall. I just wished I didn't wait until September to sit down and figure out if I was on track or not.

That's my biggest advice for everyone.....start looking at the start of the year (or ASAP right now) to see what you need to be on track for the level you want to earn. PC makes it easy for us to earn SOMETHING!!!

Marlene, I'm bummed we're not at the same conference in July...I'd love to see your Vienna pictures!!:D

I am offering my June hosts a silicone basting brush free. It is a hot product now and I am taking advantage of that!! I really wish that PC would have a better June special than the baskets knowing that we need to get shows to earn the sell-a-thon stuff. When I tell potential hosts what the June specials they always say the same thing.... What's the July special?? I am really doing well booking shows, but no one wants June!! I really wish June was that exclusive SS bowl that is special for August!! Gillian Wright
Wasilla, Alaska

June BookingsDoes anyone have a flyer for a Free June show? Looking to get some ideas.

To help my June schedule, I've booked 6-7 business shows today! I'm hoping to boost my June Calendar with a really great May!

Hey Becky...
pamperedbecky said:
Marlene,
You go girl! I love how you set your goals and hold yourself accountable. I hope to join you in the Bahamas!! I leave in one week for my cruise and I KNOW it'll get me addicted to ALWAYS earning a trip. That's my plan from here on out, to at least learn some type of trip every year. I"m on track for level 3/Atlantis as of now, but we'll see if I can keep that up with crazy months ahead. I was amazed when I realized I could actually earn the cruise last fall. I just wished I didn't wait until September to sit down and figure out if I was on track or not.

That's my biggest advice for everyone.....start looking at the start of the year (or ASAP right now) to see what you need to be on track for the level you want to earn. PC makes it easy for us to earn SOMETHING!!!

Marlene, I'm bummed we're not at the same conference in July...I'd love to see your Vienna pictures!!:D

From what I hear, you are going to love your cruise! Everyone is raving about it!! Congratulations on earning your cruise! Did you know that less than 10% of all consultants earn any incentive?? That is even level 1!! So good job!! Wish I was cruising with you...it is cold here in Wyoming...we got snow a couple days ago!! Typical Wyoming!

Too bad about conferences!! That is the hard thing with there being 3 conferences...you make good friends and then you don't see them at the next conference! I made two really good friends in Vienna and we are all 3 in different waves!:eek:

When I have time, I will post some Vienna pictures!:p

Been crazy here....think we are going to buy our first Pampered Chef house TODAY or TOMORROW!!:D :D :D Depends on if our offer gets accepted!!! So everyone keep your fingers crossed for me!!:rolleyes:

Marlene you are simply INSPIRING to read!
If you mean you are buying a house with your PC salary you ROCk!!!
One day I would love to be at your success level!!!

JUNE Dollar Days flyer??Does anyone have a June Dollar Days flyer that they have made? I had one that I made for March but for some reason its not letting me change anything on it...and I don't remember how I made with the pics of products and everything..LOL!

Thanks!
April

here ya go...got this from msn group !!! I can't take credit for it !

Attachments

• dollar days for june 06.doc
    162 KB · Views: 589
Love the dollar days flyer. I can't wait to earn a trip-- I think once I do, hubby will be extra supportive of PC.

WOW, what an inspirational thread!!!
Thanks for all of the posts and responds.
You girls are great!

Dollar days worked today!I used the dollar days flyer above and got 2 bookings for June woo hoo!! :D That make 4 for June. Bad thing is I have my daughters Graduation Commencement June 11 and Grad Party on June 24 so I gotta be very careful with my time, I also work FT, I am retiring from that job:D , last day June 30th, but I wish I would have quite last day in May darn it!!:mad: (hind sight)!!:rolleyes:

I can't WAIT to use the dollar days flyer at my wedding shower tomorrow, where they're expecting 30 people! I was thinking about throwing something extra in for the bride for every booking from her show, but I really don't think I'll need that extra incentive. Who knows?? What do you guys think? Should I offer something to the bride for every booking from her show? Maybe for every booking she gets, she can have an extra $______ off of her order??

I've never done anything like that, but I REALLY want to have a great May and June. I don't have many open dates in May, but would LOVE to cram June full of shows!:D

If you're doing the dollar days I wouldn't do anything for the bride. It can really start to add up when you do multiple bonuses and giveaways. Remember, she will be getting a lot of items at 60% off if she gets multiple bookings.

It sounds like it could be a great show with 30 people!

Michele

I think that extra incentive would be awesome Becky! I would have 2 stipulations thought, I guess you could call it the fine print!;) Must host and close show before June 30th to get the Price of the Day. Also, I would give her $5 off at each show instead of giving it to her up front b/c what if some of the shows don't follow through? She'll also receive her disount and get the host special. It could work great in your favor!:D

CarlyK said:
I was doing the same thing, and I am also offering incentives for my friends and family that if they get someone they know to book, they will get another $10. I know a lot of them want things, so I am hoping that this might give them just the little push that they need.

June is a really, really rough month from me, I am going to school full-time and going to classes 5 days and week, so I am shooting for the $10,000. It does seem sort of unrealistic though, but that is my goal, and the great thing is that my hubby is super supportive of this as well and doesn't laugh when I mention my goal!

Did they announce the sell a thon yet??? How do you know what the goal is?

gilliandanielle said:
I am offering my June hosts a silicone basting brush free. It is a hot product now and I am taking advantage of that!! I really wish that PC would have a better June special than the baskets knowing that we need to get shows to earn the sell-a-thon stuff. When I tell potential hosts what the June specials they always say the same thing.... What's the July special?? I am really doing well booking shows, but no one wants June!! I really wish June was that exclusive SS bowl that is special for August!!

Gillian Wright
Wasilla, Alaska

I love the wovens! Maybe you need to look at the wovens in a different way? (when you change the way YOU look at things, the things you LOOK at change). I love them, I have 6 shows & 2-3 catalogs shows booked (a record for me) I think because I LOVE the baskets....

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • elizabethby
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • sklay723
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies