• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating July Newsletters with Word: Linda Shares Her Tips

In summary, Linda is working on her July newsletter and is looking for ideas from others. Tracy has finished her July newsletter and Marisol is still trying to find the tasty tidbits website.
momoftwins
I know it is early but do any of you have a July newsletter ready?????

Linda - I would love to know how you do your newsletters in Word! I am so not that creative!

Me either! But I would love to get my hands on one as well! I am struggling with July! I am in wave 3 and have ZERO shows before I leave and two when I get back... I'd love to have something to catch some interest!

momoftwins said:
I know it is early but do any of you have a July newsletter ready?????

Linda - I would love to know how you do your newsletters in Word! I am so not that creative!
I haven't even started!

I just do it in one big table and fit the pics & text in the cells then erase the grid lines. Some cells I do a background color, other I put a border around, that's all. I try to remember interesting tidbits (I really should take notes throughout the month!). And still other things I get from my wonderful Cheffer-mates! It's time consuming I know, but I'm just anal enough to do it. I'm getting busier these days so I'm wondering if I have started someting that I won't be able to keep-up with as my business & team grows.

I'm getting ready to start on the July news so if you have something interesting to contribute.....send it on!

Do you attach a newsletter in an e-mail or do you put it right on the e-mail page? I was trying to transfer pictures to an e-mail, but I was getting frustrated. I didn't realize how much I don't know about computers until I started trying to do PC flyers myself.

by request I think posted a "sample" newsletter for July if you want any ideas anyone!

I include my newsletter in the body of the email. I use Tasty Tidbits and it copies just fine--pics and all.

I couldn't get my picture to transfer to my e-mail for some reason. So frustrating.

jae
i send mine as an attachment b/c of that :(
would like to figure out how to fix it so it doesnt go all wonky

Anne - how much is tasty tidbits???? I think I saw a sample of their newsletter one time.

momoftwins said:
Anne - how much is tasty tidbits???? I think I saw a sample of their newsletter one time.

It is $15 for the 1st 6 months then $10 for every 6 months after that. When you refer people you get a month free (i think). I think it's worth it... in fact I am signing up as we speak! :)

I'm sending a brief email to my list at the beginning of July - telling everyone to look for exciting announcements on July 12th!!!:D :D :D

When I am done writing my newsletter I save it as a word document and then as a web page and I am able to send the web page as the body of my emails. I have not had any problems doing this and getting the pictures to show up.Tracy

Here is my July NewsletterI thought that I would post my newsletter for those of you that are looking for one. I try to keep mine short and sweet and add a little humor. Does it look okay?

Attachments

• NEWSLETTER JULY07.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 717
looks great Val! Post in word if poss then we can all steal your wonderful creation ;)

word versionThank you. I usually save it to PDF because for some reason when I send it out in Word it shows all the text box overlaps. (I send it to myself and it comes out fine but others it does this) I hope this isn't an issue for y'all. :D

Attachments

• newsletter July07-2.doc
    1.2 MB · Views: 550
I love your newsletter. Short and sweet that is my kind of reading material. Thanks for sharing.

That looks great Val! Thanks so much for sharing. I opened the Word doc one and the text boxes were overlapping. Hmm......

VAL your newsletter is super! I think the reason for the overlaps is because when you email the page all the pics including word art have to be "in Line with text" formatting so that it appears as planned on the receipients screen. That is at least what works for me.
Marisol

Wish i had this last night when I was up till 3 making my newsletter to send out today.

Does anyone know the tasty tidbit's web site...I tried tastytidbits.com...this does not show a newsletter site...:confused:

I just finished my newsletter last night if anyone would like to use it. It originally was some elses design so I can't take full credit.

Attachments

• July Newsletter[1].doc
    522 KB · Views: 662
Fabulous Newsletter Tammy!

I just sent mine out a few days ago (and already got a booking from it! woo hoo!) - feel free to take a peak. :) This is my 2nd month doing it, so it's still a work in progress. lol The only thing I don't like is that it ends up being so long! I guess I will work on that next month...maybe adjust the font sizes or something.

Attachments

• July_Newsletter[1].pdf
    400.9 KB · Views: 533
Great newsletter Tammy! Love your recipes!!!!

Ashlee - that is a great newsletter. Can you convert it to Word???

momoftwins said:

Sure Sharisse, thanks! I have a copy of the word format on my computer, but I'm using DH's laptop right now - I will convert it and post it later today.

Thought I'd shareHere is my July Newsletter. I have enjoyed the salad that the other ladies had on here and used it too. I also used some tips from my upline. I hope you like it :)

Sorry ladies but I had revised my newsletter because I forgot the August Specials and now that I want to place the updated version it won't let me. Sorry.:(

Rebecca

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Rebecca and thanks everyone for sharing! I have to start working on mine but may wait to send until after confrence!??

heat123 said:
Nice Rebecca and thanks everyone for sharing! I have to start working on mine but may wait to send until after confrence!??

Heather,

IMHO, DON'T WAIT! If you can help it. What you might want to do is a mid-month newsletter after conference to announce anything that is new with PC. I do 2-3 newsletters a month to keep up with all the changing promotions going on. I place a new recipe each time with different limited time specials if needed. I even get newsletters from here, change the info to mine then send it off. That saves me a lot of time. I started doing this because each time my favorite store sends me an email (which is at least once a week) I want to buy :) It has made a difference. Even if you send it out now at least you are catching everyone before the 4th.

I thought about 2x a month but don't want to get on anyone nerves about it....(spam) kind of thing but I was actually going to try a 4th of july 3-day sale and try to get any last min. June orders on the 1st, then send out my newsletter after any special announcements were made??

About the spam, I do have the note that they can cancel at anytime. That covers you. But it is whatever you are comfortable with.

I like the sale idea. I am also going to do a fri sale, but the week after the 4th. I will see you soon!

when are you back in SD? for our next meeting???

momoftwins said:

I completely spaced the fact that I have Word Perfect on my computer, and it won't allow me to attach that format there - sorry!

heat123 said:
when are you back in SD? for our next meeting???

Silly! It is in my signature! Yes! For our next meeting! I can't wait to see everyone and to hear all about conference!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's mineI finally got mine done (well maybe, I may read it a few more times and change it a bit). Use what you want and make it your own. Thanks to those of you who already posted yours.....I did 'borrow' a little bit from yours too!

Attachments

• 2007 July Pampered Chef News.doc
    648 KB · Views: 479
Last edited:
THANK YOU SO MUCH LINDA!! Its like you knew I was sitting here trying to make one and yours just magically appeared! :)

Thanks Linda as always for sharing! I've used your's as my base then added from others to create my own, you all rock!

You are very welcome. I made a few changes (mostly cosmetic - a little bit of content) and reattached it.

Linda, I am so bummed. Everytime I open your newsletter some of the boxes are black. I like your newsletters too and use them for my mid-month but I don't know what is happening with my program and I am afraid I won't be able to use it.

Does anyone (Ann) know what could be causing this?

pamperedlinda said:
I finally got mine done (well maybe, I may read it a few more times and change it a bit). Use what you want and make it your own. Thanks to those of you who already posted yours.....I did 'borrow' a little bit from yours too!
LINDA-YOU ROCK!!!!!

Love ItLinda,
I love your newsletter!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING IT!!!!

Val that is a great newsletter. I vote for the word version as I would love to use your creativity! Oh to have that creative touch. I can sing but that don't make newsletters! :)

Linda - are you like the newsletter queen? I loved it!

I just sent my newsletter out early this morning and will be looking forward to the emails back from customers hopefully with big orders when I return from conference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. How can I create a July newsletter using Word?

Creating newsletters in Word is a simple process. Start by opening a blank document and adding your content, such as text, images, and graphics. You can also use Word's pre-made newsletter templates for a more professional look.

2. Is it too early to have a July newsletter ready?

It's never too early to start planning and creating your newsletters. In fact, it's a good idea to have your July newsletter ready in advance so you can make any necessary changes and have it ready to send out on time.

3. How do you stay creative when making newsletters in Word?

There are many ways to stay creative when making newsletters in Word. You can use different fonts, colors, and layouts to make your newsletter visually appealing. You can also include interactive elements, such as clickable links and videos, to engage your readers.

4. Do you have any tips for making newsletters in Word?

Yes, here are some tips for creating newsletters in Word:
- Use a clear and concise layout to make your content easy to read.
- Choose a color scheme that is visually appealing and consistent throughout the newsletter.
- Add images and graphics to break up blocks of text and make your newsletter more visually interesting.
- Proofread your newsletter multiple times to ensure there are no spelling or grammatical errors.
- Use Word's formatting tools, such as headings and bullet points, to organize your content and make it easier to read.

5. Can you share any specific tips for using Word to create newsletters?

Of course! Here are a few specific tips for using Word to create newsletters:
- Use the "Insert" tab to easily add images, charts, and other visual elements to your newsletter.
- Utilize Word's templates, such as the "Newsletter" template, to save time and ensure a professional layout.
- Use the "Review" tab to check spelling and grammar, as well as collaborate with others on the newsletter.
- Save your newsletter as a PDF to ensure it maintains its formatting when shared with others.
- Don't be afraid to experiment with different fonts, colors, and layouts to find what works best for your newsletter.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
betsyb
  • PChefPEI
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
pcjenr
Replies