• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director July Bookings Surging - Fingers Crossed for No Cancellations!

In summary, Deb's July bookings are looking good. She has seven shows booked so far, which is more than she usually has. She is trying to pack as many shows in as possible to make up for her short month.
DebPC
Staff member
How are your July bookings looking? l usually have a slow July- but not this year. I hope the cancellation fairy doesn't find me.

I was just thinking the same. July is usually SLOW. But this year I have SEVEN shows booked! Let's keep our fingers crossed!

mine is 4 times better than last year already!

WOW, I always have a solid July and this year I don't. I have 4 cooking and 2 catalog shows so far. Which for me is down, since I usually do 8-10 shows a month. This is the first time that in 3 years that my July isn't in great shape. I keep telling myself there is still time. right??:eek:

12 shows booked and 8 guest lists in hand so far. Thinking my family is going to kill me in July!!! 12 shows plus Conference = a very short month!! Glad I'm home with the kids during the day - oye!!! I earned Level 3 this month, so it's looking like Level 4 is going to happen quickly!!! itwillallbeworthit, itwillallbeworthit, itwillallbeworthit.....

DebChefIA said:
12 shows booked and 8 guest lists in hand so far. Thinking my family is going to kill me in July!!! 12 shows plus Conference = a very short month!! Glad I'm home with the kids during the day - oye!!! I earned Level 3 this month, so it's looking like Level 4 is going to happen quickly!!! itwillallbeworthit, itwillallbeworthit, itwillallbeworthit.....

Wow Deb! You're AWESOME! What's your secret?

Congratulations on Level 3~~Which wave are you?

It's hard to put a finger on what my 'secret' is....confidence and professionalism come to mind, but I think a high show average and okay recruiting also contribute. I do the same things everyone else does - mail invitations for my hosts, use Postcalls for reminder phone calls etc. I don't over host coach - they get a packet from me, an email explaining what's in the packet and how to use it, a note with some non addressed invitations to hand out (if they give me less than 40 names) and a phone call 2 days before the show. I don't have time for much more. My host letter in the packet outlines the expectations and when they book, I let them know what to expect from me as well. I've had hosts tell me that they appreciate that I didn't bug them every week about their show - so why change what isn't broken.

I have been calling the July special, Christmas in July and making a huge deal of it...but then again, I don't over sell bookings during my show. It gets mentioned twice with products like the Knifes - I tell everyone that the best deal in the catalog is the Knife Block Set and as a host they can get it for less than $200. I also mention how a lot of my hosts get the DCB for free when they host with me. At the end, I explain the host program briefly and that's about it. Sometimes when my consultants are struggling to fill a month, I wonder if it's because they are trying too hard and people sense that they are desparate.

So where's the magic? I really don't know. I guess it is in the fact that I don't really care if they book or not, b/c I know someone is going to and my month is going to be as full as I'd like it to be.

Don't know if that was helpful or not....

I'm Wave 2 for Conference.
D

DebChefIA said:
. Thinking my family is going to kill me in July!!! I earned Level 3 this month, so it's looking like Level 4 is going to happen quickly!!!

Your family with thank you in August when the fat check comes in!! And they will WORSHIP you next June when in Disney!!!

My July is shaping up quite nicely. I am trying to pack in more because this is a month I am off from my full time job for most of the month. I do have to take some down time, however. Starting in mid August, my job and PC are relentless until Christmas where I flop in exhaustion!!!

baychef said:
Your family with thank you in August when the fat check comes in!! And they will WORSHIP you next June when in Disney!!!

My July is shaping up quite nicely. I am trying to pack in more because this is a month I am off from my full time job for most of the month. I do have to take some down time, however. Starting in mid August, my job and PC are relentless until Christmas where I flop in exhaustion!!!

Just in time for back to school...the cash comes in, the cash flys out!!!

Boy is that the truth!!!

1. How can I ensure that my July bookings won't get cancelled?

We understand that cancellations can be frustrating, but there are a few steps you can take to minimize the chances of it happening. First, make sure to confirm the date and time with your host and send them a reminder a few days before the party. Also, offer incentives for guests to attend, such as a free gift or a discount on their order. Lastly, be sure to follow up with guests after the party to thank them for attending and remind them of any upcoming specials or promotions.

2. What should I do if a guest cancels at the last minute?

If a guest cancels at the last minute, try to find a replacement guest to take their spot. You can also offer to do a virtual party or take their order separately. If all else fails, try to reschedule the party for another date and time that works for both you and the host.

3. Are there any special promotions or deals for July bookings?

Yes, we have some exciting promotions and deals for July bookings! We are offering free shipping on all orders over $50 and a free gift for hosts who book a party in July. Additionally, there will be exclusive discounts on select products for party guests. Contact your consultant for more information.

4. Is it better to have multiple small parties or one big party in July?

It really depends on your schedule and the availability of your potential hosts. Some consultants find success with having multiple small parties, while others prefer to have one big party with a larger guest list. Consider your personal preferences and the preferences of your potential hosts when making this decision.

5. How can I use social media to promote my July parties?

Social media can be a great tool for promoting your July parties. You can create a Facebook event and invite your friends and family, as well as potential customers. You can also post about your parties on Instagram and use relevant hashtags to reach a larger audience. Additionally, you can offer exclusive discounts or giveaways for those who share your party posts on their own social media accounts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCJenni
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • PCJenni
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • BethCooks4U