• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Summer Bookings Update: July and August Availability and Strategies

In summary, everyone's summer schedule looks a little different, but everyone is looking forward to conference.
heat123
Silver Member
Just curious as to how everyone's summer schedule is looking so far? This is my first summer selling season and after taking the Month of May OFF for personal reasons I have only 1 booking for July so far! :eek:

I do have 3 more shows the last week of this month though, so hopefully I get some more for July and August! And will try the Dollar days incentive or the book to look ideas.

I have to get motivated. I have one booked and one who wants to book. I have two from BRU that wants shows and I'd love to do them in July. I'm coming off of a crappy June. I have 5 cooking and 2 catalog shows, and now I'm down to 2 cooking and 2 catalog shows.

For right now I have 2 July shows and a show this weekend with someone wanting to book a show for later this summer. Considering I just started in April I am pretty stoked. I started with 1 show for June and after challenging my director that I am going to beat her sales I now have 3 already held and 1more at least to go! If this is how I get with Sell-A-Thon, I can't imagine how excited I am going to be after conference!!!

I have NO JULY SHOWS!!

I have 1 catalog and 2 cooking shows for July already with possibly a third. Probably have at least one for August - hopefully they will lead to more - I'm looking forward to Conference as well!

Gina Miller

I have 6 shows booked for July and I am only home 11 days that month. I am going to be really busy!! This will be the first time I go on vacation and don't have to go back to my FT job!!:D I am soooo excited. Then when I get back it's conference time!!:D I am really working on my Host's to sell, sell, sell!! So far I think they will all come through (no cancelations). I am working on booking August now, it's so close to September that a lot of them know the new products come out in that month and want to book September, that should be a good month. That's what happens when so many people know about PC. Hopefully I can get some August bookings at my shows in July.:D

I've got 4 for July so far, & about 3-4 people to get ahold of still. None for August yet, but I want my July full before I start on Aug. We'll see what happens...

I had one July show but we moved it since July is way to crazy for both of us, so now I have one in Aug and one in Sept...hopefully I can get some catty shows going...

I have one July show only, which really sucks because I want to earn that bowl! I am doing dollar days in July, which will hopefully get more bookings, but I haven't heard anything yet. I have nothing in August because the two shows I had in August remembered that new stuff comes out in Sept and moved to then. Even worse, I only have $111 in sales so far in JUNE!!

I had 6 shows for July & this morning I get an email w/ a cancellation. I am so glad she gave me notice, because now I can rebook that date. So 5 now, I will try for 5 more, we will see how it goes!I have 2 for August so far.

I have 5 shows and 1 catalogue show scheduled for July. I haven't really looked at what I have for August. I know I have a couple scheduled...

1 in July for me and possibly one in Augslowing down a little since baby is due in Aug though.

I have 2 for July and 1 catty...None for August so far

Right now I have two official scheduled shows, and one catalog, but I have two more girls that are supposed to be calling me with their July dates, plus my Mom just called and gave me the name of a girl that wants me to call her about a July show. So, if they all hold, that will be 5 kitchen and 1 catalog. I still have two more shows this month, so hopefully I will get more bookings. Right now I have no one scheduled for August, but one girl that works with my Mom said she might have one in August. Plus, I have a past hostess that likes the stainless steel bowls, so I may hit her up.

Oh yeah!! I almost forgot. I am going to throw a housewarming party for a friend that just moved. She said July, so that will make 6.

I just started this month and already have 2 shows booked for July....from the same party! Plus I have a party tomorrow and am hopeful that I will get more. I have to make a call to a few people who were interested but had to look at calendars first.

Not one show for July! :( I just sent out an incentive e-mail to all my customers, so hopefully that will work. I have bookings for Aug., Sept, and Oct but July is dead right now...

Christa said:
Not one show for July! :( I just sent out an incentive e-mail to all my customers, so hopefully that will work. I have bookings for Aug., Sept, and Oct but July is dead right now...

Me too, what incentive did you use? I am still trying to figure out what sounds good and what to send them!

I sent out an e-mail offering July hosts a choice of outdoor party plates, bbq bottle, chilzanne mini bowl or ice cream dipper free with qualifying show. I also offered a Chilzanne Rect. server (I have an extra here) for the highest July show.

I hate having an empty calendar-I was really doing well until now...

Me too! I have just 1 for July so far but I do have 2 more June shows, so I am hoping to fill July and August with a couple spots at least next week!

Those are really good incentives (with it being summer and all) and just $150 will give them the gift?! That's great for the host! I may try that but maybe bump it to $200 or something! Thanks for the info!

I am offering the chillzane rectangle server free as their host special (I pay the $14 or whatever it is) with any type of show of $400.

I've got my first show on July 5th, and then three more after conference, and one for the first of August. I'm hoping to help August out with bookings from the July shows, and there's a few folks who say they want to book, but I can't track them down. I also have 2 catalog shows going, so all in all not to bad for my first month!

I'm offering the Exec 12" FREE with a $700 show! I'll still make $75 on the show even after the cost of the skillet.

VERY SLIM!!! I have only 2 for June, on vacation for first 2 weeks in July then going to Conference but have one scheduled for July, HAD a Bridal show in August that just turned into a bridal registry only. Hopefully graduation parties and family commitments will be over soon.

I have two cooking and one catalog for sure. Another maybe catalog.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with a quite summer. I only have 3 shows for July so far and 3 for August, but I have alot of people who want that SS bowl in August I just need to get them to commit to a date.

I have 6 cooking shows and 3 catalog shows for July. I have 3 for August, 2 for September and several who want me to call to book August and September and one who wants me to call closer to November. What I did in June was do 3 festivals and wound up with over 80 hot leads. Check into festivals as they can really get your name out.

Another idea I have heard and may try is a "Christmas in July" show. I have never held one of these, but it is another option...especially when you let people know that Christmas is only 5 months away:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: (from July 25...we have one day less than 6 months right now!!!:D ) Keep getting everyone excited about theme shows such as Luau (sp :confused: )shows, pool, deck shows, cool summer cooking, June is a big month for strawberries, couples BBQ battle of the sexes show, Ice cream shows...the list goes on. Going camping? If you will be near other people, you may want to have a camping party at the campgrounds. Ice sandwich makers for the kids, our can opener, easy opener and many other items are great for camping. Hopes this helps!

Ann

I have my Grand Opening in July and possible one show in July August possible two just have to make those follow up calls. We will see just talkes time

Good luck with your grand opening Victoria! Remember to tell them that in 10 years when you are practically running Pampered Chef they can say they helped you with your very first shows!! That always gets people laughing and hopefully booking!

I just scheduled my 4th for July but I have none for August. I am about to send out an email telling everyone how bonzo I will be coming home from conference, so they better get me while I'm HOT!

I like the grand opening idea!

1. How is your summer schedule looking so far?

As a scientist, I do not personally have a summer schedule for bookings. However, based on my observations and research, the summer season tends to be a popular time for events and parties, so it is important to plan ahead and secure bookings in advance.

2. Is it common to have a slow start to the summer season?

Yes, it is not uncommon for the summer season to start off slow in terms of bookings. Many people are still finalizing their plans and schedules, so it is important to continue promoting and marketing your services to secure bookings.

3. What strategies can I use to increase my bookings for July and August?

There are a few strategies you can try to increase your bookings for the summer months. One option is to offer incentives, such as a dollar days promotion or a book to look idea, to entice potential clients. Additionally, networking and word-of-mouth referrals can also be effective in securing bookings.

4. Should I be concerned if I only have one booking for July so far?

No, having only one booking for July at this point in the season is not necessarily a cause for concern. As mentioned earlier, the summer season tends to start off slow and it is important to continue promoting your services to secure more bookings.

5. How can I balance personal time and work during the busy summer season?

As a scientist, I cannot provide specific advice for balancing personal time and work during the summer season. However, it is important to prioritize and plan your schedule accordingly to ensure you have time for both personal and work commitments. This may involve setting boundaries with clients and scheduling breaks for yourself to avoid burnout.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pckrissy
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
jrny2001
Replies
Views
chefjwr
  • Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies