1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Julie Julia Movie Cooking Show

1. I am thinking through an idea about doing a show with the theme being of course Julia Child and the up coming movie,.,,I am new here and just getting back into Pampered Chef.

:chef:

Jul 20, 2009
  2. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Sounds fun. I haven't seen the movie, but the trailer looks good.

Jul 20, 2009
  3. I have almost finished Julia Child's book "My Life in France", this is where she really learned to cook and enjoy great food. The other book is Julie Powell's book about cooking all 524 of Julia's recipes from Masther the Art of French Cooking.
    I am thinking of doing one of her simple recipes and showing off the correct kitchen tools from PC. Julia Child was a kitchen gadget whiz, she had everything!

Anyone else have any thoughts.....please?

Jul 20, 2009
  4. nikked

nikked Senior Member Gold Member

What I want to know is...

Is my ticket for the movie a tax write off? :love:

Jul 20, 2009
  5. mrshamel3808

mrshamel3808 Member Gold Member

I LOVE this idea! I grew up on cooking shows, Julia Child's included, and REALLY want to see the movie. I don't have any of Julia's cookbooks but I'm sure I can either find receipes online or I'll just have to bite the bullet and buy one (now THAT would be a tax write off!)

What about getting those discounted movie tickets from Sam's Club/Costco and making those the drawing prizes, or bundle it with certain tools you're using? They're only about $7 here in Cali.

Jul 20, 2009
  6. I think I will buy two tickets to the movie and having a drawing at the show....cheap way to stir up some interest. And yes I can count the cookbook off as a tax write off!!! yeah the perfect excuse!
    :chef:

Jul 20, 2009
  7. Bluiydangl

Bluiydangl Member

hmm what recipes could you do to tie it back to the movie theme? I'm liking this idea though- thanks for sharing!

Jul 20, 2009
  8. mrshamel3808

mrshamel3808 Member Gold Member

The only trick with buying tickets for a specific movie is you have to specific the day/time. That's why I'd go with a movie theatre gift card or the generic pre-bought tickets.

Jul 21, 2009
  9. I agree about the tickets, I am
    going to buy gift cert. for it.
    I am looking on the net for recipes, Bon Appetit has a menu, but it might be a bit more than I want. I am getting the book via Amazon so I may just wait.
    I am going to do this show at my house as my first show with a mystery host and if the show is over 550.00 I will let some one win a chance to buy the stainless steel bowls for 60% off. I hope that this will generate enough interest to have a great cooking show!!!!

Jul 21, 2009
  10. caraighan

caraighan Member Gold Member

Well..... I just had to share this! :rolleyes:

My husband and I go to movies all the time. As a matter of fact, at our home town theater, we have seen all the movies playing except for "Bruno" and I REFUSE to go to that one!!! :yuck:

Anyway, needless to say, they know us there and they know I sell PC. Last week when we went to the movies, the manager approached me and asked me if I would be interested in doing a demo in the lobby if they get the Julie/Julia movie! There's always the chance they won't get it, though!

Jul 22, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted