• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Julie Julia Movie Cooking Show

In summary, a person is thinking of doing a show with the theme of Julia Child and the upcoming movie. They are new to the community and are getting back into Pampered Chef. They are thinking of doing one of her simple recipes and showing off the correct kitchen tools from PC.
TheLunchLady
I am thinking through an idea about doing a show with the theme being of course Julia Child and the up coming movie,.,,I am new here and just getting back into Pampered Chef.

:chef:

Sounds fun. I haven't seen the movie, but the trailer looks good.

I have almost finished Julia Child's book "My Life in France", this is where she really learned to cook and enjoy great food. The other book is Julie Powell's book about cooking all 524 of Julia's recipes from Masther the Art of French Cooking.
I am thinking of doing one of her simple recipes and showing off the correct kitchen tools from PC. Julia Child was a kitchen gadget whiz, she had everything!Anyone else have any thoughts.....please?

What I want to know is...

Is my ticket for the movie a tax write off? :love:

I LOVE this idea! I grew up on cooking shows, Julia Child's included, and REALLY want to see the movie. I don't have any of Julia's cookbooks but I'm sure I can either find receipes online or I'll just have to bite the bullet and buy one (now THAT would be a tax write off!)

What about getting those discounted movie tickets from Sam's Club/Costco and making those the drawing prizes, or bundle it with certain tools you're using? They're only about $7 here in Cali.

I think I will buy two tickets to the movie and having a drawing at the show....cheap way to stir up some interest. And yes I can count the cookbook off as a tax write off!!! yeah the perfect excuse!

hmm what recipes could you do to tie it back to the movie theme? I'm liking this idea though- thanks for sharing!

TheLunchLady said:
I think I will buy two tickets to the movie and having a drawing at the show....cheap way to stir up some interest. And yes I can count the cookbook off as a tax write off!!! yeah the perfect excuse!

The only trick with buying tickets for a specific movie is you have to specific the day/time. That's why I'd go with a movie theatre gift card or the generic pre-bought tickets.

I agree about the tickets, I am
going to buy gift cert. for it.
I am looking on the net for recipes, Bon Appetit has a menu, but it might be a bit more than I want. I am getting the book via Amazon so I may just wait.
I am going to do this show at my house as my first show with a mystery host and if the show is over 550.00 I will let some one win a chance to buy the stainless steel bowls for 60% off. I hope that this will generate enough interest to have a great cooking show!!!!

Well..... I just had to share this! :rolleyes:

My husband and I go to movies all the time. As a matter of fact, at our home town theater, we have seen all the movies playing except for "Bruno" and I REFUSE to go to that one!!! :yuck:

Anyway, needless to say, they know us there and they know I sell PC. Last week when we went to the movies, the manager approached me and asked me if I would be interested in doing a demo in the lobby if they get the Julie/Julia movie! There's always the chance they won't get it, though!

1. What is the premise of the "Julie & Julia" movie?

The movie "Julie & Julia" follows the parallel stories of Julia Child, a renowned chef and cookbook author, and Julie Powell, a young woman who decides to cook her way through Child's famous cookbook, "Mastering the Art of French Cooking." It explores their journeys in the kitchen and how their passion for cooking brings them together.

2. Is the movie based on a true story?

Yes, "Julie & Julia" is based on the real-life experiences of Julie Powell and Julia Child. Powell documented her cooking project in a popular blog, which later became the inspiration for the movie. The movie also includes scenes adapted from Child's autobiography, "My Life in France."

3. Do I need to be familiar with Julia Child or her cookbook to enjoy the movie?

No, you do not need to have prior knowledge of Julia Child or her cookbook to enjoy the movie. The film provides enough background information for viewers to understand the story and appreciate the characters. However, fans of Julia Child may have a deeper appreciation for the movie.

4. Are there any cooking demonstrations in the movie?

Yes, the movie includes several cooking demonstrations by both Julia Child and Julie Powell. Child's demonstrations focus on classic French dishes, while Powell's are more modern and often include improvisation. These scenes are both entertaining and educational for viewers interested in cooking.

5. Can I purchase the cookbook featured in the movie?

Yes, the cookbook featured in the movie, "Mastering the Art of French Cooking," is available for purchase. It can be found at most major bookstores and online retailers. Additionally, Pampered Chef offers a variety of cookbooks, including some featuring French cuisine, that can help you create your own culinary masterpieces at home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Dotty
  • mrslulu2012
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Maria Harrison-Edge