• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join Married for Life with Winning at Home - Sign Up Now!

she's only been married for about 2 years. Congratulations!!!I just looked at her profile...she's only been married for about 2 years. Congratulations!!!
janetupnorth said:
Either "quote" them in different windows and copy into your first window.

Or highlight and paste the text from the previous post and put:

[ QUOTE = Kitchen Diva] (without the spaces) before the post and [ / QUOTE] (without the spaces) after the quote.

Do I always type Kitchen Diva? Or the person's name whom I am wishing to quote?

Kitchen Diva said:
Do I always type Kitchen Diva? Or the person's name whom I am wishing to quote?

The person's name who you are wishing to quote.

janetupnorth said:
The person's name who you are wishing to quote.
okay, thank you very much! :)

Kitchen Diva said:
I'm the queen of hijacking...

Say, how do you put more than one quote from more than one person in one post???
Princess, maybe, but the Queen is still Chefann.

bowdown.gif

Bumping so that more can see........

I just thought of this thread. I have the Today Show on, and they had a profile of a couple that just celebrated their 83rd anniversary. You read that right - eighty-three years!! They married when they were teenagers (in 1925), had 6 children, 40 grandchildren, 101 great-grandchildren, and several great-great-grandchildren (I forgot the number they announced). They had one of the great-grandchildren on, with his wife. They've been married 2 years, and the wife said, "Two down, 81 to go."

I can't believe the M4L website has less than 5000 people signed up. I wonder if their system has not updated? I have been sharing it with everyone I know - as someone who went thru an awful divorce and has to deal with the repercussions on a daily basis...I would LOVE to see more people committing to sticking it out.

quiverfull7 said:
.... TALK... LOVE... FORGIVE...ESCAPE TOGETHER... GO ON DATES....MAKE LOVE... repeat .... repeat :)

What's the part that's repeated? Just the last one or all of it??? :eek: :love: :love: Cause hubby would be awfully glad to hear that!! :D

As a disclaimer... I know what she means, just a little fun

Last edited:
dannyzmom said:
I can't believe the M4L website has less than 5000 people signed up. I wonder if their system has not updated? I have been sharing it with everyone I know - as someone who went thru an awful divorce and has to deal with the repercussions on a daily basis...I would LOVE to see more people committing to sticking it out.

I totally agree. I think it has updated (sadly) because when I signed up it was 3,919.

crystalscookingnow said:
What's the part that's repeated? Just the last one or all of it??? :eek: :love: :love: Cause hubby would be awfully glad to hear that!! :D

As a disclaimer... I know what she means, just a little fun

:) I'm guessing you'll have to choose what to repeat! :) Actually ALL OF IT!!!!!!!

I just went through the thread reading all your stories! It is so great to see so many happy marriages and life long commitments!

Here's my story:

I married when I was 20 years old. I believe that once you make the covenent it is for life and the bad times are inevitable but are just a small part of it that strengthen the relationship in the long run. Well, he didn't have the same commitments. After 10 years of marriage and 3 kids he admitted that he'd been cheating the entire time. I tried the counseling route but he'd already made up his mind by the time I was aware that it was over.

About 4 years later I went to a singles' dance - almost changed my mind but I didn't want my friends to worry if I didn't get there (before cell phones). Craig hated those singles things but loved to dance so he thought he'd try one more. He got a speeding ticket on the way and almost didn't go. Near the end of the night I was waiting at the table for my friends to return so I could tell them I was leaving and this guy came by the table on his way out the door and asked me to dance. I almost said no but then thought "what would it hurt".

By the time we got to the dance floor he realized who I was and told me all about me. I recognized the "family" - thought he was his second oldest brother actually. We danced that last hour, catching up on each other's lives. You see his oldest brother and I were good friends in high school and I knew his family well, had even been to his house. We had been in the same youth group at a local church (not at the same time - I am 5 years older) and in fact when I was 20 and he was 15 he told his friends that he was going to marry someone like Beth.

We knew pretty quickly that we were going to be together forever. He and my sons hit it off right away and even my dad gave quick approval with comments like "that's what those kids need" (you'd have to know my dad). We got married just short of a year later and will be married 22 years in June. Life isn't perfect but we know we are perfect for each other. We know that both parties have to be 100% committed to the relationship - in good times and in bad. I love the comment Diane made about loving him but not liking him at the moment. Fortunately, we have had very few of the not liking times but we both know that those storms are only a flash in our relationship and are committed to be on those rocking chairs on the porch together when we're 80 or 90 or 100. The key is to make the covenent with each other and God and to live it.

We were part of a Marriage Encounter group for engaged couples for several years (we moved away or we'd still be doing that) and shared our story with a lot of engaged couples. They had to fill out surveys and we were trained to assess them and teach classes on various aspects of marriage and married life. We could tell the couples that would have trouble and have prayed harder for them.

We try to keep in contact with most of them and several couples have told us that in the midst of arguements they would remember our stories and that would get them back on track. I feel so blessed to have been able to help them though my marriage. I especially feel blessed that He brought Craig and I together at the right time for us.

Craig and I had two more sons. He considers all 5 HIS sons - even though the first 3 do have another father and he has reappeard in their lives once they became adults (won't even go into all that :grumpy: ). I thank God for him especially when I see my adult sons with their wives and children and how all 5 of them treat others. The reflection of Craig and his relationship with me and our kids is very strong in everyone of them.

Originally Posted by quiverfull7
.... TALK... LOVE... FORGIVE...ESCAPE TOGETHER... GO ON DATES....MAKE LOVE... repeat .... repeat

Yes! All of these are KEYS!!!:love:

BethCooks4U said:
I thank God for him especially when I see my adult sons with their wives and children and how all 5 of them treat others. The reflection of Craig and his relationship with me and our kids is very strong in everyone of them.

Didn't want to quote your entire thing Beth, but great story!!!! ...and glad you found a great example for your boys!!!!

I didn't marry Steve until he was 30 - always joke that he had to grow up first. If we had married when we first met, we probably would have had tons of heartache or a divorce...who knows...we were younger and more self-centered (at least him - I can say that because he'll admit it!!!!).

I have a husband who despite any shortcomings, loves me more than anything in the world and loves his kids just the same. We make up for each other's failings and are there to support each other in each endeavor. We constantly have "life trials"...even more so sometimes I believe being in ministry most of the time. But, nothing we cannot handle in the end, and nothing God doesn't use to help others further down the road...sometimes years later...

My daughter gets a great example of a father that loves her and a father that teaches his son love and respect (granted he is 4, but the lessons start immediately). I truly hope my DD looks for someone like her dad when she dates/marries. ...but DH says that isn't until she is 30, 18 if he is a doctor. ;)

janetupnorth said:
Didn't want to quote your entire thing Beth, but great story!!!! ...and glad you found a great example for your boys!!!!

My daughter gets a great example of a father that loves her and a father that teaches his son love and respect (granted he is 4, but the lessons start immediately). I truly hope my DD looks for someone like her dad when she dates/marries. ...but DH says that isn't until she is 30, 18 if he is a doctor. ;)

Beth - I agree, what a great story!

And I said this briefly before - but I love to watch my DH with our son. I didn't have a good example in my dad growing up (probably the biggest reason I didn't get married until I was 34!) and it still brings tear to my eyes watching them together, knowing that Micah is being taught and molded by a real man - who is teaching him what it is to be honest, reliable, a man of his word, respectful to women, and to love his wife, family, and God. Last night, DH had to discipline DS for disobedience - but we both talked to him after about why we discipline - because we love him and want him to grow up to be a man like his daddy. (okay, those were my words!) He sobbed for a few minutes, but then said "someday I'll have my own little boy, and I'll teach him not to touch things that might get him hurt, and to be nice and kind too." He then patted DH's arm and said "and I'll have fur on my arms just like Daddy, too.":D :D :D

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Princess, maybe, but the Queen is still Chefann.

bowdown.gif

Maybe Dutchess even....we have to account for KG! :)

I saw my husband for the first time on Sept. 20, 2003 at a mutual friends wedding reception. I had separated from my ex just 3 months earlier, almost to the day. I worked with the friend that had the reception. I wasn't planing to go because I would be by myself except for my 20 mos. dd but decided to go anyway. I also knew that my ex would be there with his girlfriend.

So, anyway, I went to the reception & Tammy (my dd's babysitter) was there. I went to talk with her for a few minutes & Robert was sitting with Tammy. I went back to my table & it was a week later before I asked Tammy about "the hot guy that was at her table"! lol. He had asked about me too but I didn't know it. They (Tammy & her DH) were really good friends with Robert (he was their best man). They gave him my number but he didn't call for a few weeks b/c he was in the middle of harvest (fall time & a farmer).

We talked a couple of times on the phone before we were able to go on a date. We went out for the first time Oct. 24, 2003. He proposed to me on November 19, 2003 & we got married Jan. 1, 2004.

He is the most amazing man & father that I could have ever asked for my children. God sent him to me, that I have no doubt. My ex was (is) a very selfish man. He thinks only of himself & no one else. He was very verbally abusive to me & I didn't want my dd to think that was ok. I didn't want her to grow up & think that being treated the way I was is how a man should treat his wife. Now she has a great role model! :) And two siblings that she wouldn't have had otherwise because her dad didn't want her, let alone any more.

My DH had been married before, too. She was cheating on him & left after 11 months of being married. He was crushed. We tell people that the reason we got married so quickly was because we both knew what we DIDN'T want in a spouse that when we did find it, it was so obvious!! :D

Crystal, that is a very touching story! :)

I'm skimming some of the long posts, but I'm glad I brought this up. I feel that I'm getting to know some of you better than before. Isn't this special? Aww!:)

JAE said:
I'm skimming some of the long posts, but I'm glad I brought this up. I feel that I'm getting to know some of you better than before. Isn't this special? Aww!:)

Keep it up and you'll know more about us than you ever wanted to know!

Kitchen Diva said:
Maybe Dutchess even....we have to account for KG! :)
No, I'm no queen. That title belongs to someone else around here.

Anyone seen Jason around here lately?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
No, I'm no queen. That title belongs to someone else around here.

Anyone seen Jason around here lately?
Fabulous.......now how do I get the Dt Pepsi off my monitor? LMAO!

PamperedDor said:
Wedding date is September 5, 1987 - And we had a HUGE luau in our backyard to celebrate the big 20!! Thinking about doing a Mexican Fiesta this year - (whatcha think Colleen?? LOL!!)

We started dating literally the day after my husband arrived in USA from his native Ireland - August 22, 1984. One of those - love at first sight stories - and it only gets better year after year - I only wish my kids will be as fortunate to find a man as wonderful as their father and the happiness we have been blessed with!

I can't believe that I missed this thred!!!

Looking forward to my invite!! Tequila!!

I've been married for 16 years! I am still waiting to go to Ireland!!!:love:

I tried to take a count to see how many of us said we signed up. 17 is what I counted, not counting me because I signed up in the summer. I was going to call WAH, but thought I'd count first. I wanted to ask them if they've noticed a jump in sign ups and ask if it's possible to opt out of the mailing list etc. And ask about Canadians signing up. I haven't talked to one of the gals in a while, so it would be a good excuse to talk with her, too.

erinyourpclady said:
Fabulous.......now how do I get the Dt Pepsi off my monitor? LMAO!

We've discussed that before...PC microfiber towels, soak up anything! ;)

JAE said:
I tried to take a count to see how many of us said we signed up. 17 is what I counted, not counting me because I signed up in the summer. I was going to call WAH, but thought I'd count first. I wanted to ask them if they've noticed a jump in sign ups and ask if it's possible to opt out of the mailing list etc. And ask about Canadians signing up. I haven't talked to one of the gals in a while, so it would be a good excuse to talk with her, too.

I'm pretty sure you could choose whether or not to have the mailings.

This thread fell off the front pages - I am just bumping it back up

Good idea, Carolyn. Anyone, else have good things to say about your dh or about your marriage in general?

JAE said:
Good idea, Carolyn. Anyone, else have good things to say about your dh or about your marriage in general?

No matter if he's had a lousy day, is in a funk or what...he is ALWAYS supportive and enthusiastic about my PC business :)

My dh is my biggest fan!!! I know that might sound funny but I sometimes stop and wonder if he is serious. Not once in all the time we have been married have I ever left the house and he hasn't told me "you look beautiful today". Everynight before I fall asleep he tells me "your the most wonderful wife in the world".:) :) :)

rennea said:
My dh is my biggest fan!!! I know that might sound funny but I sometimes stop and wonder if he is serious. Not once in all the time we have been married have I ever left the house and he hasn't told me "you look beautiful today". Everynight before I fall asleep he tells me "your the most wonderful wife in the world".:) :) :)

Awww......

janetupnorth said:
Awww......

Double awww!!!!

Sounds like my DH - 20 1/2 wonderful years of marriage later, in a business where women are all over the place - he always comes home to me, appreciates me, and tells me I look beautifull (even when I don't) Always takes my calls, helps out, and tells me to take a break!! Anyone and everyone who has met my DH loves him, respects him, and knows I am the luckiest woman in the whole world!! (and yes, I love my mother - in - law too!!)

Tonight my DH let 9 screaming and sugar high little girls give him a toilet paper hair-do. DD turned 6 today and had her Pajama Party this evening. DH helped with everything including games and the tp hair-do's! I love how great he is with our kids...............

Yesterday was 13 years for us.............

erinyourpclady said:
Tonight my DH let 9 screaming and sugar high little girls give him a toilet paper hair-do. DD turned 6 today and had her Pajama Party this evening. DH helped with everything including games and the tp hair-do's! I love how great he is with our kids...............

Yesterday was 13 years for us.............

I sure hope you got pictures!:D

janetupnorth said:
We've discussed that before...PC microfiber towels, soak up anything! ;)

Alas....but what to use when all of your micro-fiber towels are MIA? I "think" they are in the garage............

Awww Erin - how cute is he? Congrats on your anniversary!! Many Many more!

PamperedDor said:
Awww Erin - how cute is he? Congrats on your anniversary!! Many Many more!

He is pretty freakin awesome if I do say so myself. Oh and he washed my car today too!

My DH is my calm in every storm. My life growing up was very erratic and unstable, and I am always so thankful that God gave me a mate who keeps me grounded, and who is the most dependable, trustworthy, honest, and kind man.

Ladies - we are lucky women!!!

Don't you know it.Thanksgiving 2006, The Furry Guy sat for over an hour on a stair landing playing Barbies with my cousin's daughter and dinosaurs with my nephew. Every time someone went by they'd say, "Hey, Chris, you having fun?" He'd respond, "Nope," then go right on playing with Kylie and her Barbies and Sam and his dinosaurs.I was proud of him. Not once did he strip the Barbies, nor did he have any of the dinosaurs devour any of the blond dolls. What a man. :)

My DH is faithful, loyal and very gentle hearted. He's had some pretty huge things happen to him in the past 3 years that have put him in a funk so to speak- but he's getting out of that funk, and the sweet, kind, generous, patient, wonderful man I married is surfacing again! :)

Oh, and he's almost always let me buy something I've wanted and he's never been a pill where money is concerned. I'm pretty spoiled now that I think about it! :) Yup- that's his best quality- he spoils me!

The Furry Guy even helped me put stickers on catalogs on Monday evening. I needed to get 25 catalogs ready to drop off for a catty host the next morning. I was doing 15 things at once (as usual), and he offered to help. Like I said before, what a man!

Bumping ---- we need to hear some of the newbies stories and those who didnt contribute yet -

Lets roll people!!!

bumping again...

bumping- hopefully third times the charm!

I'm passing the M4L site on to our pastor tomorrow. He just started a new series today on families and marriages and building the strong foundation.

janetupnorth said:
I'm passing the M4L site on to our pastor tomorrow. He just started a new series today on families and marriages and building the strong foundation.

We just started a new series on Marriage too! (but Dan Seaborn is well known at our church, so don't need to pass on the info.) Another great book that my pastor mentioned yesterday - His Needs, Her Needs. I remember reading this book when we were in our premarital counseling - it's an eye-opener!

While I cannot officially be married, my partner and I will be celebrating our 6 year anniversary next week.

jasonmva said:
While I cannot officially be married, my partner and I will be celebrating our 6 year anniversary next week.

Although you know I disagree with your lifestyle and we could debate that for hours, I commend you for your commitment. You have made it longer than most regular couples are willing to try and that says something about you as a person.

Russell and I will be married for 7 years on April 14th.

<h2>1. What is Married for Life with Winning at Home and how can I sign up?</h2><p>Married for Life with Winning at Home is an organization dedicated to promoting healthy and lasting marriages. You can sign up by visiting their website at http://www.winningathome.com/m4l/index.php and filling out the registration form. It's completely free to join.</p><h2>2. How does being a part of Married for Life benefit my marriage?</h2><p>By joining Married for Life, you will have access to resources and support that can help strengthen your marriage. You will also be a part of a community of like-minded individuals who are committed to staying married for life.</p><h2>3. Is there a cost to sign up and be a part of Married for Life?</h2><p>No, there is no cost to join Married for Life. It is completely free for anyone who wants to show their commitment to staying married for life.</p><h2>4. Will I receive any emails or newsletters by signing up for Married for Life?</h2><p>Yes, if you choose to receive them, you will receive a weekly email from Married for Life with tips, advice, and resources to help strengthen your marriage.</p><h2>5. Can I still join Married for Life if I am not married yet?</h2><p>Yes, Married for Life welcomes anyone who is committed to staying married for life, whether they are currently married or not. You can still sign up and benefit from the resources and support offered by the organization.</p>

1. What is Married for Life with Winning at Home and how can I sign up?

Married for Life with Winning at Home is an organization dedicated to promoting healthy and lasting marriages. You can sign up by visiting their website at http://www.winningathome.com/m4l/index.php and filling out the registration form. It's completely free to join.

2. How does being a part of Married for Life benefit my marriage?

By joining Married for Life, you will have access to resources and support that can help strengthen your marriage. You will also be a part of a community of like-minded individuals who are committed to staying married for life.

3. Is there a cost to sign up and be a part of Married for Life?

No, there is no cost to join Married for Life. It is completely free for anyone who wants to show their commitment to staying married for life.

4. Will I receive any emails or newsletters by signing up for Married for Life?

Yes, if you choose to receive them, you will receive a weekly email from Married for Life with tips, advice, and resources to help strengthen your marriage.

5. Can I still join Married for Life if I am not married yet?

Yes, Married for Life welcomes anyone who is committed to staying married for life, whether they are currently married or not. You can still sign up and benefit from the resources and support offered by the organization.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• andrealynne719
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
raebates