• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Remembering John Hughes: A Tribute to the Iconic Filmmaker

Home Alone is one of my all-time favorite movies. I love Peter Billingsley's performance as Kevin. He was so funny and adorable. I also love the scene where he tries to open the door to his house and gets stuck in the snow. It's such a classic scene.Mr. Mom is another great movie. I love Demi Moore and Michael Keaton together. They are such a great acting team.
Gina M
Gold Member
I am so bummed! I grew up with all the John Hughes movies - I can quote Sixteen Candles "The Donger need food!"and The Breakfast Club on a daily basis. Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Planes, Trains & Automobiles (Those aren't pillows!) A huge part of my high school years - he made some great movies - I will always think of him fondly - may he rest in peace.

The Breakfast Club is hands down the BEST 80s flick EVER! RIP to a Genius! :(

I am so sad, another piece of my teen years...gone...

16 Candles is the best movie....still one of my favorites except i was born late 80's but i love all those 80's movies!!

His movies were awesome, prayers of comfort to his family.

"What's happenin' hot stuff?" Long Duck Dong, Sixteen Candles

Best movie ever! If only all teenage boys could have been Jake Ryan.

Becca_in_MD said:

Isn't that the truth? I was very smitten with Jake Ryan - I love this movie - I was 16 when it came out and it holds a dear spot in my heart!

Becca_in_MD said:

we can dream, and some dreams come true!! haha i've always thought my husband reminded me of Jake Ryan how funny, and he was a senior when i was a freshman!!

Love the John Hughes movies. Think I'll run my own little John Hughes movie marathon on Saturday. I have Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, and The Breakfast Club. I'll have to see if I have any others.

"The breakfast Club" helped me not to feel so alone in HS. Absolutely loved it and Sixteen candles. Had a major crush on Jake Ryan! :)

etteluap70PC said:
"The breakfast Club" helped me not to feel so alone in HS. Absolutely loved it and Sixteen candles. Had a major crush on Jake Ryan! :)

I think Every girl who saw that movie had a crush on Him! lol:p

Oh and a shout out for Weird Science! Another one of my faves!;)

Ferris Bueller's Day Off is one of my all-time favorite movies and shows off Chicago. The Breakfast Club is a movie that is relevant in any decade and still makes me cry.

This quiz was in the Atlanta paper today: http://projects.accessatlanta.com/quizzes/movies/test-your-knowledge-john-hughes-movies/?cxntlid=sldr_hm

I too loved all those John Hughes movies from the 80's!

Jake Ryan was played by Michael Schoeffling who never really "broke out" in the acting world. I don't know why, he was dreamy:)

Oh, yeah. We have Weird Science and Ferris Beuller's Day Off, too. I'll add those to the marathon list.

7 out of 8!!!

pamperedlinda said:
This quiz was in the Atlanta paper today: http://projects.accessatlanta.com/quizzes/movies/test-your-knowledge-john-hughes-movies/?cxntlid=sldr_hm

7 out of 8!!

So far I've watched Sixteen Candles, Weird Science, and Pretty in Pink. I'm currently watching The Breakfast Club. I'd forgotten that the Cusaks were in Sixteen Candles. I had also forgotten that the guy who was marrying the sister in Sixteen Candles was also in the blues bar in Weird Science and played the janitor in The Breakfast Club. Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Mr. Mom, and Home Alone are still waiting for play.ETA: I'd forgotten how much Anthony Michael Hall looked like my brother in high school. I'm also remembering my crushes on Andrew McCarthy and Judd Nelson. That's right--the sensitive guy and the bad boy. I often tell The Furry Guy that I fell in love with him because he's a really sensitive man who looks like a bad boy.

Ferris Beuller's Day Off has to be one of the funniest movies ever. I love Edie McClurg as the secretary. I laugh until I snort when she keeps pulling pencils out of her hair. Whenever I see the movie I remember when The Furry Guy and I saw it in the theater. We are that weird couple that always stays all the way through the credits. We just knew that the guy at the police station had to be related to Martin Sheen. He looked just like him. Sure enough--it was Charlie Sheen.

1. What is "Remembering John Hughes: A Tribute to the Iconic Filmmaker"?

"Remembering John Hughes" is a special event hosted by Pampered Chef to honor the life and work of the famous filmmaker John Hughes. It will feature screenings of his most beloved movies, as well as discussions and activities related to his films and legacy.

2. When and where is the event taking place?

The event will take place on [date] at [location]. Please check our website for more details and to RSVP for the event.

3. Can I bring my own food and drinks to the event?

Unfortunately, outside food and drinks are not allowed at the event. However, we will have a variety of snacks and beverages available for purchase at the venue.

4. Is there an age restriction for attending the event?

The event is open to all ages, but certain activities and movies may have age restrictions. Please check the event schedule for more details.

5. How can I purchase tickets for the event?

Tickets for the event can be purchased on our website or at the door on the day of the event. However, we highly recommend purchasing tickets in advance to guarantee your spot and avoid long lines at the door.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
Back