1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: January Host Specials?

1. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

I have a past host who wants to rebook and is trying to decide between Dec. and January -- any ideas when we'll find out what the host specials for January are? or how I can find out?:chef:

Oct 6, 2009
  2. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

You'll have to wait until it's announced, possibly in November, maybe not until December.

Oct 6, 2009
  3. cmdtrgd

cmdtrgd Legacy Member Gold Member

Well, if she does a show in December and gets a friend to book and hold in January, she gets both. And, she can do that as well, book both December and January.

Oct 6, 2009
  4. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

She is a repeat host -- she and a friend from work alternate every 6 months who has the party, which is good for me. December would be nice, but her friend just had a party 9/30. They invite a lot of the same people.

Oct 6, 2009
  5. cmdtrgd

So? I have hosts that set up multiple shows for every 2-3 months. If people know about them ahead of time, they can budget to get what they want. Offer it to her and let her make the decision.

Oct 6, 2009
  6. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I have a group who hosts every month, there is nothing wrong with it! Plus if you do it in December you could hit up people who want to buy gifts.

Oct 6, 2009
  7. cmdtrgd

I was in a hurry with the last post...here's what I suggest you do. Talk to her about the benefits of doing a December show or December and January shows or a December show and having one of her friends do the January show. Then let her decide. Also, in the past few years (and in the past few months) the host special had more to it than the past host. For example, I believe last year's January special was 1.5x the free products. The past host got something like the Ultimate Mandoline...anyhoo, it might be to her benefit to plan to do one in Dec and one in Jan. By the time her show rolls around in Dec, we should know what the Jan specials are.

Oct 6, 2009
Have something to add?