• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Top Comfort Foods for January in the Freezing North: Get Cozy and Warm!

In summary, popular January comfort foods include soups, stews, casseroles, and slow-cooked meals. To make healthier versions, incorporate more vegetables and lean protein, and use alternative ingredients. Quick and easy comfort foods include grilled cheese sandwiches, mac and cheese, and stir-fry dishes. Many comfort foods can be frozen for later, such as soups, stews, and casseroles. Vegetarian options for comfort foods include vegetable lasagna, lentil soup, and roasted vegetable shepherd's pie. Traditional recipes can be modified by substituting meat with tofu or beans.
DebPC
Staff member
What is everyone making in January? Up here in the very frozen north I want to do comfort foods. Any suggestions?

I'm doing the baked potato chowder and chocolate lava cake. :)

I think I'm going to do quick turkey chili--comfort food and healthy! and uses the dcb!

soups & slipper shows for me too!
Potato Chowder & I'm also going to try the chicken alfredo in the DCB
either garlic bites or the lava cake :)

I am going to one Recipe of the Month this year. For January it is the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder.

ChefLisa said:
I am going to one Recipe of the Month this year. For January it is the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder.

I have been doing one recipe a month for about a year and a half and I LOVE IT!!! I keep my kit packed and it's SOOOO easy!

DebbieJ said:
I have been doing one recipe a month for about a year and a half and I LOVE IT!!! I keep my kit packed and it's SOOOO easy!

I offer a few recipes, but they all use the DCB so my kit stays packed as well! LOVE IT!!!!

1. What are some popular January comfort foods?

Some popular January comfort foods include soups, stews, casseroles, and slow-cooked meals. These dishes are hearty and warm, perfect for the cold winter months.

2. How can I make healthier versions of comfort foods?

One way to make healthier versions of comfort foods is to incorporate more vegetables and lean protein into the dish. You can also use alternative ingredients, such as swapping out white pasta for whole wheat or using Greek yogurt instead of cream in sauces.

3. Are there any comfort foods that are quick and easy to make?

Yes, there are many comfort foods that can be made quickly and easily. Some examples include grilled cheese sandwiches, mac and cheese, and stir-fry dishes. Using pre-made or pre-cut ingredients can also save time.

4. Can I freeze comfort foods for later?

Yes, many comfort foods can be frozen and reheated for later. Soups, stews, and casseroles are great options for freezing. Just make sure to let the dish cool completely before placing it in the freezer and reheat it thoroughly before serving.

5. Are there any comfort foods that are suitable for a vegetarian diet?

Yes, there are plenty of vegetarian comfort food options. Some examples include vegetable lasagna, lentil soup, and roasted vegetable shepherd's pie. You can also modify traditional comfort food recipes by substituting meat with tofu or beans.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
gailz2
Replies
Views
sandilou
  • Suzy Englert
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD