• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Jane Doe Wants to Buy Pampered Chef

In summary, a cashier's check can be a scam. The person looking to cash the check may not be aware of the risks involved.
mspibb
Gold Member
seriously, I got a "contact me from" Jane Doe in Florida (I'm in Tenn) about wanting to order from my "store." So I just email back, "go to my website and click shop." I get an email back with bad grammar saying she doesn't have a credit or debit card and will mail me a cashier check and I can wait until it clears to send the order. The mailing address she sent is an appraisal company.... Why do people do that?

Spam

Again, why does anyone take the time to make up something like that?

If she's going to mail you a cashier check, what is the risk?

It is a scam. Somehow (and I'm sure someone will pop on with the details), they make money as we process the check. They are criminals.

Admin Greg said:
I work in the financial industry. Every year I have to take training on cashiering and one of the things that is drilled in us is how easy cashier checks are to fake/alter!

I just got two emails last week from people wanting the same thing.

Admin Greg said:
Wow.

ShellBeach said:
A lot of people think that a cashier's check is the same as cash. Unless you've had dealings with such things, you don't realize what you don't know.

Just surprised Admin Greg's post seemed to imply a cashier's check would be OK. There's been many topics about this scam through the years.

The cashiers check appears to be legit. My grandson got one and luckily mentioned it to me. His was not for PC purchase but same principle applies. We went to his Credit Union and had them call the bank the check was drawn on. Bank was legit and everything.
The person looked for the account number and found it was not valid. The check looked real, even had a real business name and address in a different city but the check was bogus.
Had my grandson cashed it and sent portion of $$ back to person (as he was instructed to do) he would have been responsible for the entire amount of the check plus fees because when CU tried to process it at the original bank, it would eventually be returned as fraudulent check.

1. Who is Jane Doe?

Jane Doe is a fictional character who is interested in buying products from Pampered Chef, a direct sales company that offers kitchen tools and cooking supplies.

2. What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools and cooking supplies. Their products are designed to make cooking and baking easier and more enjoyable.

3. How can I buy products from Pampered Chef?

You can buy products from Pampered Chef by hosting a party with a consultant, attending a party as a guest, or by shopping directly from their website. You can also contact a consultant to place an order.

4. What kind of products does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of products, including cookware, bakeware, kitchen tools, and pantry items. They also have products for outdoor grilling and entertaining, as well as cookbooks and recipe ideas.

5. Are Pampered Chef products affordable?

Pampered Chef products range in price, but they offer a variety of options at different price points. They also often have sales and promotions, as well as host rewards and discounts for party guests, making their products more affordable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • jenab1013
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kitchencop
  • Heather8345