• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Pizza Poppers Recipe - No Jalapeno, Turkey Bacon Option

In summary, I made these today, but I changed it up a bit. I CAN'T tolerate heat, so I totally omitted the jalapeno....lol. So I guess mine were just pizza poppers....haha.
BettieC
Gold Member
I made these today, but I changed it up a bit. I CAN'T tolerate heat, so I totally omitted the jalapeno....lol. So I guess mine were just pizza poppers....haha

I also used turkey bacon, cause my BF can't eat pork.

They were very YUMMY! My bf who likes heat....... sprinkled some SW seasoning on his, and he loved them as well.

They were very simple, and I think would work great for an interactive show.

Bettie,

If you de-seed and de-vein the jalapeno it is not hot but does add flavor - I don't like hot either and these were great! DH likes hot and they were tasty enough for him too.

ooohh...I have to try that next time.
Thanks!

I am going to try these today too! :)

Where is this recipe? It sounds good and my hubby likes hot stuff.

In the new sbcb! :)

Just remove the seeds and membrane like mentioned before and that will help with the heat. Or you could probably use green peppers just to get a little more flavor out of them.

Do you guys find that you HAVE to use gloves when dealing with jalapenos? I've never worked with them before, but have always heard that you should use gloves. I don't have any, so I'm nervous about handling them.ETA: I think I'll just use baggies for gloves, to be on the safe side. :)

Last edited:
:thumbup: Huge HIT with these yummy treats!:love:

heat123 said:
:thumbup: Huge HIT with these yummy treats!:love:

Aren't they yummy (even without the jalapeno for mine...lol) and EASY!

I'm gonna have to make this at the next potluck! lol :D

babywings76 said:
Do you guys find that you HAVE to use gloves when dealing with jalapenos? I've never worked with them before, but have always heard that you should use gloves. I don't have any, so I'm nervous about handling them.

ETA: I think I'll just use baggies for gloves, to be on the safe side. :)

earlier last year I was learning how to make authentic enchiladas. I made a pico to go along with it. I cut up 6 jalopenos without gloves. I'll tell you what, jalapeno burn is worse then anything I have ever felt, and it lasted almost 24 hours.

I made the popper pizza tonight, they were awesome!!!!

babywings76 said:
Do you guys find that you HAVE to use gloves when dealing with jalapenos? I've never worked with them before, but have always heard that you should use gloves. I don't have any, so I'm nervous about handling them.

I normally just cut them in half and use gloves. Then put them through the food chopper. You can buy gloves at any local store (even Dollar Tree) and keep them on hand.

I made these tonight for the game and they were a big hit! Easy to make, will offer these for next season.

I think I might do these a little differently the next time. I think that I will unroll the crust then bake, then spread the topping over the top of all of it then cut it into squares when done. Of course if I were to do it at a show I would keep it the same, but for our own eating at home I'll make it different!

These look soooo goood. I can't wait to try them. Hopped on to see what you all thought. These and the California club..mmm mmm.

I brought them to my SIL's Super Bowl party last night. They were a huge hit! I don't think they even made it to kick-off! Too hot for me, but I was the only one!

I've gotten my SIL into PC, and she served the Jerk Chicken Nachos, the Pizza Dip, Smoky Buffalo Chicken Wings, and the Roasted Potato Bites. I got two outside orders! :love:

Jilleysue said:
These look soooo goood. I can't wait to try them. Hopped on to see what you all thought. These and the California club..mmm mmm.

Hey there Jilley good to see you pop on here every so often!:p

We had these last night, and I used half the jalapeno. Husband, who doesn't like hot food at all, loved them.

I am thinking I might make these for my March shows.

babywings76 said:

I don't feel it on my hands if I don't use gloves, but even after washing my hands several times, if I rub my eye or around my mouth, it will burn like crazy! I've learned to always use gloves just for this reason! I always think "what if I had rubbed something off my son's face with that finger?" ouch!

Cutting out the jalapeno?:eek: You would be shot for something like that down here! My father grows them in his garden so we keep them in the freezer all year. I have noticed that slicing them when still frozen and washing my hands afterwards poses no problems.

I have served these twice now (once at a show and at last night's superbowl) and they were a big hit both times.

I took out the seeds and center too, and it was not spicy at all but had alot of flavor still. I may keep 1/2 of the innards next time to give a bit of a kick for those who enjoy a little spice! ;)

i made these for a church super bowl party. i had charged that had the jalapenos without seeds and ribs, and then the super charged with everything in them. They were loved by all! I think I will be doing some of these for the march shows as well.

OK, I'm making these for my show tomorrow. Any new tips you wanna share? I haven't made these before, but everyone seems to love them, so I'm ready....they sound yummy!!

Thanks,
Paula

My hubby and I LOVE these!! only tip I have it to flatten out the circles of dough before putting anything on top of them.
If you don't like hot just use bell peppers.

Thanks so much! I've heard nothing but good things about this recipe, so I'm excited to finally get a chance to make them!!

Paula

1. What are Jalapeno Pizza Poppers?

Jalapeno Pizza Poppers are a delicious appetizer made with fresh jalapenos, pizza dough, and a variety of toppings. They are perfect for parties, game day, or any time you're craving a spicy and cheesy snack.

2. How do I make Jalapeno Pizza Poppers?

To make Jalapeno Pizza Poppers, you will need fresh jalapenos, pizza dough, shredded cheese, and your choice of toppings such as pepperoni, bacon, or veggies. Cut the jalapenos in half and remove the seeds, then fill them with your desired toppings and cheese. Wrap the jalapeno with pizza dough and bake until golden brown.

3. Are Jalapeno Pizza Poppers spicy?

Yes, Jalapeno Pizza Poppers have a spicy kick from the fresh jalapenos. However, you can adjust the level of spiciness by adding more or less jalapeno seeds to the filling. You can also substitute milder peppers for the jalapenos if desired.

4. Can I make Jalapeno Pizza Poppers ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the Jalapeno Pizza Poppers ahead of time by assembling them and then storing them in the fridge until ready to bake. They can also be frozen for later use. Just make sure to thaw them before baking.

5. What are some serving suggestions for Jalapeno Pizza Poppers?

Jalapeno Pizza Poppers are versatile and can be served as an appetizer, snack, or even a main dish. They pair well with a variety of dipping sauces such as ranch, marinara, or sour cream. You can also get creative with the toppings and add your favorite pizza toppings to the filling. Serve them hot and enjoy!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
Replies
Views
kspry
  • krley
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD