• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Substitute Canned Jalapeno in Mango Conf Salsa and Leave Apple Peel On?

In summary, Jalapeno in Mango Conf Salsa is a delicious salsa made with diced mango, jalapeno peppers, red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and a blend of spices and seasonings. It has a medium level of spiciness and can be served as a dip, topping, or condiment. It is also gluten-free and can last up to 5-7 days in the refrigerator or up to a year in the pantry if unopened.
luvinpc
Gold Member
hi there,

of course I can not find jalapeno pepper in the produce section in our small town. Could I use a canned, pickled one or is there a better substitute? Also when using a granny smith apple in lieu of jicama, do you leave the peel on?

Thanks

luvinpc said:
hi there,

of course I can not find jalapeno pepper in the produce section in our small town. Could I use a canned, pickled one or is there a better substitute? Also when using a granny smith apple in lieu of jicama, do you leave the peel on?

Thanks

Can't answer about the jalapeño... I peel the apple.

I use a pear instead of the jicima and leave the peel on. I don't see why canned jalepeno would be too much different but have never had to use that in the recipe.

I would call the test kitchen and see what they recommend for the jalapeno. They are great help.

I had a host buy the jarred jalapenos before and everyone still loved the salsa. I didn't taste it though, so I can't vouch for how it compares.

Canned will work fine, just rinse the pickling juice off of them and dab the moisture off with a paper towel. I use them all the time in my recipes - they just won't be as "crisp" as a fresh one would.

I made the salsa with jarred the other weekend because the host didn't get that the jalepeno was supposed to be fresh. It turned out fine except I used too much jalepeno! I took what I thought was the equivelant to a whole fresh pepper- too much!!! I would use maybe 3-4 slices from the jar.

What is in Jalapeno in Mango Conf Salsa?

The main ingredients in Jalapeno in Mango Conf Salsa are diced mango, jalapeno peppers, red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, and lime juice. It also contains a blend of spices and seasonings for added flavor.

Is Jalapeno in Mango Conf Salsa spicy?

Yes, Jalapeno in Mango Conf Salsa has a medium level of spiciness. The jalapeno peppers provide a mild heat, while the other ingredients balance out the spice with sweetness and tanginess.

How should I serve Jalapeno in Mango Conf Salsa?

Jalapeno in Mango Conf Salsa is versatile and can be served in various ways. It is commonly used as a dip for tortilla chips, but it can also be used as a topping for tacos, grilled meats, or as a condiment for sandwiches.

Is Jalapeno in Mango Conf Salsa gluten-free?

Yes, Jalapeno in Mango Conf Salsa is gluten-free. It is made with all-natural ingredients and does not contain any gluten-containing grains or additives.

How long does Jalapeno in Mango Conf Salsa last?

Jalapeno in Mango Conf Salsa should be consumed within 5-7 days of opening if stored in the refrigerator. If unopened, it can last up to a year in the pantry. Be sure to check the expiration date on the label for the most accurate information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedchefDaly
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
  • BlessedWifeMommy