• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins in the Brownie Pan

In summary, a recipe for Chicken Jalapeño Cornbread Bake was shared, along with variations and personal experiences with it. The original recipe calls for using a Torte Pan, but some have tried it in a Brownie Pan with success. The recipe includes cornbread mix, cooked chicken, cheddar cheese, jalapeño pepper, and Southwestern Seasoning Mix. Some have made their own cornbread mix and omitted the chicken for a vegetarian option. The recipe has received positive reviews and is recommended as a side dish for Mexican-inspired meals.
Jennie50
Jennie50 said:
Thinking of trying this recipe in the Brownie Pan for dinner tonight. Anyone made it in the Torte Pan before? Sounds pretty yummy...

Chicken Jalapeño Cornbread Bake

Ingredients:
2 packages (8.5 ounces each) cornbread mix plus ingredients for cornbread
1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated cheddar cheese
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons Southwestern Seasoning Mix

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray one Torte Pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Combine ingredients for cornbread according to package directions in Classic Batter Bowl; add chicken, cheese, jalapeño pepper and seasoning mix. Mix well.
Pour batter into prepared pan; bake 20-22 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Remove from oven; serve warm.

So, I posted the above in a different thread, then went ahead and tried them today. My husband and I agreed that the chicken in the cornbread was totally weird...just threw us off to bite into a chunk. The jalapeno cornbread itself, though, was delicious, and baked beautifully in the Brownie Pan!

I'm kind of a snob when it comes to cornbread (I don't like it dry, bitter, or in patties, and I can't for the life of me understand WHY someone would want corn kernels in it! :rolleyes:), so rather than using the cornbread mix called for, I used my own recipe. Delicious! Perfect side for tacos or fajitas, I think.

What I did...

Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins (made 24)

2 eggs, 1 cup sugar - blend until creamy; then add...
1.5 C sourcream, 1.5 C buttermilk - mix well...
2.5 C sifted flour, 1 tsp salt, 2 tsp baking soda, 2TB Southwestern Seasoning - combine and gradually add to above mixture, blending after each addition
1/2 C grated cheddar cheese, 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and chopped) - fold in

Grease the Brownie Pan and fill the wells using the Large Scoop. Bake for approximately 15 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

Attachments

• IMAG0656.jpg
    IMAG0656.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 620
My husband is sick of Mexican food right now so I am thinking if I just skip the SW seasoning and the jalapeno these would still be yummy - or is there something different I might want to replace those with? Thanks for the recipe!

I just made plain ol cornbread in the pan to go with chili last night and my family LOVED them!!!

Jennie50 said:

Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins (made 24)

2 eggs, 1 cup sugar - blend until creamy; then add...
1.5 C sourcream, 1.5 C buttermilk - mix well...
2.5 C sifted flour, 1 tsp salt, 2 tsp baking soda, 2TB Southwestern Seasoning - combine and gradually add to above mixture, blending after each addition
1/2 C grated cheddar cheese, 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and chopped) - fold in

Grease the Brownie Pan and fill the wells using the Large Scoop. Bake for approximately 15 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

I don't see any cornmeal in your recipe?? ~ it has been a week, so goodness knows I may have completely missed something. :eek:

darlinclem said:
I don't see any cornmeal in your recipe?? ~ it has been a week, so goodness knows I may have completely missed something. :eek:

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if the "flour" was supposed to be corn meal, instead?

The original recipe that she had at the top of her note had 2 packages (8.5 ounces each) cornbread mix plus ingredients for cornbread as the beginning ingredient.

What she was telling us was her variation of the original recipe and not a complete recipe.

HTH

I just make Jiffy Muffin Mix and add a can of jalapeno's into my mix :)

I know easy way but they are yummy and loved them in the Brownie Pan :)

I made the original recipe in this post last night but omitted the chicken and made them in the brownie pan. They were WONDERFUL! My family really enjoyed them. Yum!

darlinclem said:

Duh!! Use 1 1/2 C cornmeal and add it to the flour mixture. Sorry, apparently I was typing it up too fast!

BethCooks4U said:
My husband is sick of Mexican food right now so I am thinking if I just skip the SW seasoning and the jalapeno these would still be yummy - or is there something different I might want to replace those with? Thanks for the recipe!

You definitely could leave the SW seasoning out...and the jalapenos too. As I said, I'm kinda partial to this cornbread recipe. It's good just on its own, and I love the way it bakes up in the Brownie Pan!

1. Can I use a regular muffin tin instead of the brownie pan?

Yes, you can use a regular muffin tin to make the Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins. However, the brownie pan helps to create perfectly sized and shaped muffins with crispy edges.

2. How many muffins does the recipe make?

This recipe makes 12 muffins using the brownie pan. If using a regular muffin tin, it may yield a few more or less depending on the size of the tin.

3. Can I substitute the jalapenos with another type of pepper?

Yes, you can use any type of pepper that you prefer or have on hand. Just make sure to adjust the amount of heat according to your taste.

4. How do I know when the muffins are done?

You can insert a toothpick in the center of the muffin and if it comes out clean, then they are done. Alternatively, you can gently press on the top of the muffin and if it springs back, they are ready.

5. Can I make these muffins ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the batter ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours. When ready to bake, just fill the brownie pan and bake as directed. Leftover muffins can also be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies