• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

He's Not Dead: Man in Coma After Cardiac Arrest - CNN

In summary, CNN reported that pop star Michael Jackson was not dead, but in a coma from cardiac arrest. However, TMZ website later reported that he had in fact passed away at the age of 50. There was no official confirmation and no comment from Jackson's representatives. This news comes on a day where actress Farrah Fawcett also lost her battle with cancer, and there are concerns for actor Patrick Swayze who is also battling cancer. It is a sad day in the entertainment world.
pkd09
Silver Member
CNN is saying he is not dead....in a coma from cardiac arrest.

Pop star Michael Jackson dead: report
Reuters said:
By Bob Tourtellotte Bob Tourtellotte – 8 mins ago
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – Pop giant Michael Jackson, who took to the stage as a child star and set the world dancing to exuberant rhythms for decades, died on Thursday, TMZ website reported. He was 50.There was no official confirmation of the reported death and spokespersons for Jackson could not be reached for comment."We've just learned Michael Jackson has died," TMZ said."Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon at his Holmby Hills home and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back," the entertainment site said.It added, "A source tells us Jackson was dead when paramedics arrived."Earlier, the Los Angeles Times said the singer had been rushed to a Los Angeles-area hospital by fire department paramedics who found him not breathing when they arrived at the singer's home.The newspaper said paramedics performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation at the scene before taking him to the UCLA Medical Center hospital.
As Monty Python said, "Well, wait five minutes."

You are correct....wait five minutes and things change. The king of pop is gone. Very big loss in the music and entertainment business.

Being the same age as Michael, this is sad news. I remember growing up and the music being so happy from the Jackson 5. He had such talent but unfortunately, his life took so many sad turns. Hopefully the man (and the child he remained) is at peace. I feel very bad for his children.

And Farrah Fawcett losing her battle with cancer today too. A very sad day in the entertainment world.

I expect to hear that Patrick Swayze has passed soon. My aunt had pancreatic cancer too and it just wastes the body terribly.

So much sad, sad news.:(

baychef said:
Being the same age as Michael, this is sad news. I remember growing up and the music being so happy from the Jackson 5. He had such talent but unfortunately, his life took so many sad turns. Hopefully the man (and the child he remained) is at peace. I feel very bad for his children.

And Farrah Fawcett losing her battle with cancer today too. A very sad day in the entertainment world.

I expect to hear that Patrick Swayze has passed soon. My aunt had pancreatic cancer too and it just wastes the body terribly.

So much sad, sad news.:(

My freind passed from Pancreatic cancer and it went fast! 1 month!:(

1. What happened to the man in the coma?

The man in the coma suffered from cardiac arrest, which occurs when the heart suddenly stops beating. This can be caused by a variety of factors, such as a heart attack or a severe injury.

2. Is he expected to recover?

It is difficult to predict the outcome of a coma, as it depends on many factors such as the severity of the initial injury and the individual's overall health. However, the fact that he is still alive after several months is a sign of hope for potential recovery.

3. How long can someone be in a coma?

The length of time a person can be in a coma varies greatly and can range from a few days to several years. It is important to note that not all comas are the same and some individuals may never fully recover.

4. What are the chances of waking up from a coma?

The chances of waking up from a coma depend on the underlying cause and severity of the injury, as well as the individual's overall health. While some people do wake up from comas, others may remain in a vegetative state or never regain consciousness.

5. How can I support someone in a coma?

It can be difficult to support someone in a coma, but some ways to show your support include talking to them, playing their favorite music or reading to them. It is also important to be patient and understanding, as every person's experience and recovery will be different.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies