• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Jackie's First Bunco Show: Prizes, Chili & Cake!

limited space, so I passed out catalogs after playing. I would make individual twixit clips for the prizes. I would also make little pampered chef gift baskets with individual seasonings inside.
Jackie7
I have my first Bunco Show tomorrow and needed some suggestions. I am making the Quick Turkey Chili and Brownie Pudding Cake. Since most of the guests have been to shows lately, I wanted to keep the demo really short. I planned on chopping a few things, going over the specials (ccokware & stoneware), and then letting them play. While they were playing I would cook the chili and finish baking the dessert. How many prizes should I give throught the bunco? I want them to have fun want to keep things simple. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
Thanks,
Jackie:confused:

i've been trying to get a bunco show together too, and have some questions. how many guest do you invite? do you charge each guest to play and if so how much?

I'd like to know how this worked too. Please share your details and any flyers or invites that you made. Also, anything that you wouldn't do again.

My neighborhood loves bunco so this would be fun!

??
pamperedlinda said:
I'd like to know how this worked too. Please share your details and any flyers or invites that you made. Also, anything that you wouldn't do again.

My neighborhood loves bunco so this would be fun!
What is bunco

ldanti said:
What is bunco
Tons of fun! It's a dice game (in my neighborhood it also includes a little :rolleyes: alcohol.....sometimes better known as 'drunko'). We play it with 16 ladies - 4 to a table and after each round you rotate so you always have a different partner.....google it for all the rules. It's just good fun!

pamperedlinda said:
Tons of fun! It's a dice game (in my neighborhood it also includes a little :rolleyes: alcohol.....sometimes better known as 'drunko')

I've been wanting to get a group together...with my friends it definately would turn into "drunko"!

we have 12 ladies so we each host for 1 month. We serve a complete sit down meal with appetizers and plenty of beverages.
We give 6 gifts at the end the Bunco gift stays with whoever had it at the end of the night then we give a gift for most babies, most buncos, most wins, most losses and a split gift for whoever has even # of wins and losses. We roll off for a tie. We spend $20 -$25 per gift.

I'm also interested in hearing what ya'll do for this. I played Bunko for years, and then our group just kind of disenegrated. I have show booked in Feb. where a regular group is having their monthly bunko night, and the host wants to make it into a show. I wasn't planning on providing any of the prizes, as they will have those already...was just going to do a quick food demo. Would love to hear your ideas.

I am a Bunco group-12 ladies. When we play- we eat at 6:30, start playing about 7 and break 1/2 threw game for dessert.

If I were doing the show- I would have the dinner food ready to eat upon arrive.
Then while the ladies are eating the chilli, demo the dessert only and give catalog. The guest can smell it while they plat first 1/2 of game. Serve the dessert on their break and if time allows take during break.

Hint-space for demo and display maybe limit because the ladies usually have extra tables setup for playing.

If there is going to be 3 card tables setup for playing Bunco- I would make a mini display for each table. The guest could look at items while eating chili-maybe items that were used to make chilli. Then remove display from tables before ladies beging to play.

As for prizes-I would still do prizes-maybe give the people who win nothing at Bumco - a little something-twitz??

Charlene

this is what i was thinking for my bunco party, invite 12 guest and each guest pay 10.00 to play

instead of prizes they win so much towards pampered chef products. let say first place wins 55.00, 2nd place 35, 3rd place 20 and 5.00 each for boobie and bunco
most people when ordering will go over there win amount (especially the 5.00 winners) to get you 150 to count as a party.
i thought about making little goody bags for everyone - twixit clips or individual seasoning ?
have food ready and just pass out catalogs after playing bunco?
any other suggestions?

My first Bunco show went better than expected as it looks like it will be a $500 show. The 12 guests paid $10 each to play and the prizes were $60, $40, and $20, and Citrus & Basil Rub for boobie prize. I had my display table set up but limited my speech to only talking very briefly about Cookware and Stones, so I basically just spoke about Jan & Feb specials. All the ladies had just been to a show a few months before and I wanted to keep it fun.
I mixed up the dessert as soon as I arrived and popped it in the oven to start baking. Also, I decided to cook the ground turkey at home in order to speed things up at the show and then finished the chili on the stove as they began to play.
I made up a clear gift bag with twixit clips for the bunco prize and gave door prizes 4 door prizes randomly throughout play. I decided to provide all the food for host and this was a mistake as I spent $26 on ingredients (doubled both recipes). I usually provide some of the food but I wasn't sure what I was thinking when I said I'd provide everything!
I made a simple flyer and mailed invites and will try to attach a copy. Thanks for the advice on my first bunco show and I hope my response helps.
Jackie

Jackie7 said:
...............I made a simple flyer and mailed invites and will try to attach a copy. Thanks for the advice on my first bunco show and I hope my response helps.
Jackie
Hey Jackie, don't forget to post your invite. If you're having trouble send it to me and I'll post it for you.

Here is a sample of the Bunco invitation.

Attachments

• Bunco.doc
    35 KB · Views: 454
Thanks Jackie. How did you randomly give out door prizes? Did you give tickets or draw names?

Breakdown of how I randomly gave out prizes:
1st prize - I had a guest draw a name from the door prize slips that were filled out at the beginning of my 5 minute demo
2nd prize - The first person to shout out what PC product they love and why gets a prize.
3rd prize - The next person who can tell me what they love about Stoneware wins a prize.
So instead of just drawing 3 names I tried to mix it up a little.

What is the purpose of a Bunco show?

The purpose of a Bunco show is to gather friends and family together for a fun and social game night. It is a great way to bond and make new memories while also having the chance to win prizes.

What type of prizes are typically given at a Bunco show?

Prizes at a Bunco show can vary, but they are usually small and fun items such as kitchen gadgets, candles, or gift cards. At Jackie's First Bunco Show, we will be giving away Pampered Chef products as prizes!

What type of chili will be served at Jackie's First Bunco Show?

Jackie's First Bunco Show will be featuring a delicious and hearty beef chili. We will also have a vegetarian option available for those who prefer it.

Is there an entry fee for Jackie's First Bunco Show?

Yes, there is a small entry fee of $10 per person for Jackie's First Bunco Show. This fee covers the cost of food, drinks, and prizes. All proceeds will go towards supporting a local charity.

Can I bring my own Bunco set to Jackie's First Bunco Show?

While we appreciate the enthusiasm, we kindly ask that you do not bring your own Bunco set to Jackie's First Bunco Show. We will provide all necessary materials for the game and want to ensure a fair and equal playing field for all participants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Jennie50
  • hoosierchef