• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Jack 'N Jill Couples Show Prep/Cooking Contest

In summary, the couple's show is a great way to get new products, but be prepared for drunken customers.
pamperdawn
I'm at a loss for a Jack 'N Jill show. My host wants to have a couples show. I suggested having a prep/cooking contest between the guys/girls but at a loss on how to set this up.
If you have experience with this type of show PLEASE help.

Here's something I cut and pasted from an old post I did because I had a couples show back in July.....

I had a couples show a couple months ago that was similiar. She was expecting about 17 couples, so not quite as big. I had always wanted to do a couples show and she booked off another show when I started talking about wanting to do one. The funny thing is she had hosted a PC couples show a few years before, so she knew a good way to do it. She had a pretty big house, so this was easy to do, but basically we split everyone up into four separate groups. Each group did a recipe, so I brought most of my products to this and I have a lot! I brought duplicates of somethings, but had to coordinate the recipes so I'd have enough products to go around or share. THis is what we made: Chicken Enchilada Ring, Shrimp Wonton Cups, Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake and one of the dessert pizzas...I forget which one. It ended up working pretty well. She had nuts and candy out and of course drinks. You're right in thinking once people get a few martinis in them, you're pretty much out of luck trying to control the group. My host told me that the other consultant years ago did her little presentation at the beginning (no demo or anything, just some business stuff and announcements), then let everyone go to it. That's what I did. I started off playing a game (I found a funny one on here that was a quiz about the products....reading the descriptions, some of which were sexual innuendos, and the group had to guess the products.) I threw Hershey's hugs and kisses to people who took stabs at answering. I also passed around about 11 products that are a little odd and most people (especially the men) didn't really know what they were, so they guessed. I also gave them kisses and hugs. I literally threw them at them, so I warned them they'd better not talk and be inattentive or else they'd get whipped in the head with one. Another thing I heard here was to tell the husbands they weren't allowed to leave and wander off to do their own thing or else that gave the wives permission to spend at least $100. That got some laughs.

I HAD planned to reconvene in the family room after the recipes were in the oven to review some other stuff, but I realized soon after they started making the recipes that it was NOT going to happen. They were all having fun and I didn't want to seem like the party pooper. Everyone had a good time, so I was pretty disappointed when I only got one booking. OH well. And the show wasn't as good as I expected. I think probably only 15 couples came, which obviously only means 15 potential orders. It wasn't even a $500 show when I left that night. Several couples didn't order, which was fine with me. But the host didn't work very hard on getting outside orders and I think that could've made a HUGE difference. It did close out over $500, but I was thinking it would have been more.

My advice is not to do too much of a demo, if one at all. With that group of people, it'll be hard for everyone to see anyway, so they'll be distracted and end up talking. Having THEM make the recipes is a great idea. I just walked around and checked to see if people had questions or needed help. Looking back, I wish I would have gotten into the mix of each group at the tables they were at and demo'd stuff right there. I barely talked about the products due to this format and that may have hurt me.

Anyway, it's late and I know I'm rambling, so feel free to email me if you have other questions. Doing a search on here for "Couples Show" would be a great idea. Good luck! This has the potential to be HUGE

Couples Showok this is not my idea, i got this from another vet consultant in the business for 11 years... she used this for a regular hostess, who told her that all was just interesting in buying the new products.... I am getting ready to have a show where they will be drunk, i've been forwarned, and not to plan on talking too much, said just make sure recipe has lots of products and her shows tally 1000.00 in the past ( she dumped her old consultant) SO this was her idea... She is going to play VANNA WHITE... you know that DVD we got in our kits... she is taking her laptop and showing that ... and when they talk about an item... she shows it and passes it around.... in the mean time the recipe that they picked out is in the oven baking.... and on the DVD they show 3 fast paced demos' (really cool when they are drunk) well at the end of the DVD.... the recipe is done... you pull it out and serve! WAA LA... simple easy... i am going to ask my hostess to see if this is something she would like too...

Jack 'N JillThanks for the great ideas

Hi there! I've hosted several Jack 'N Jill shows in the past and have found that a cooking contest is always a hit with couples. Here are some tips on how to set it up:1. Choose a theme: To make it more fun and engaging, choose a theme for the cooking contest. It could be a specific cuisine, a type of dish (e.g. appetizers, desserts), or even a specific ingredient that must be used in all dishes.2. Create teams: Divide the couples into two teams (guys vs. girls or mix it up) and have them come up with a team name and a team captain.3. Plan the menu: Give each team a list of ingredients they can use and a time limit to prepare their dishes. You can also assign specific dishes for each team to make.4. Set up cooking stations: Make sure each team has their own cooking station equipped with all the necessary tools and ingredients. This will make the contest more organized and fair.5. Judging: Have a panel of judges (could be other guests or yourself) who will taste and rate each dish based on taste, presentation, and creativity. You can also have the audience vote for their favorite dish.6. Prize: Make sure to have a prize for the winning team. It could be a kitchen gadget, a cookbook, or a gift card to a local restaurant.I hope these tips help you plan a successful and fun cooking contest for your Jack 'N Jill show. Good luck!

1. What is the Jack 'N Jill Couples Show?

The Jack 'N Jill Couples Show is an annual event hosted by Pampered Chef where couples compete in a cooking contest using Pampered Chef products.

2. How can I participate in the Jack 'N Jill Couples Show?

To participate in the Jack 'N Jill Couples Show, you must be a current Pampered Chef consultant and register for the event through the consultant portal.

3. What is the purpose of the Jack 'N Jill Couples Show?

The Jack 'N Jill Couples Show is a fun and interactive event designed to showcase the versatility and quality of Pampered Chef products while also promoting teamwork in the kitchen.

4. What is the format of the cooking contest?

The cooking contest consists of 2 rounds - a prep round and a cooking round. In the prep round, couples will have a set amount of time to prepare their ingredients using Pampered Chef products. In the cooking round, they will use those ingredients to create a dish within a specified time limit.

5. What are the prizes for winning the Jack 'N Jill Couples Show?

The winning couple of the Jack 'N Jill Couples Show will receive a prize package consisting of Pampered Chef products and a gift card. Additionally, all participants will receive a special discount on Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Liquid Sky
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies