• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Remembering the Third Exercise from Jack Canfield's Director Training

In summary, the director training exercise involved three different hand positions. The first position involved holding the hand up against the force. The second position involved the hand being held by the fingers. The last position involved the hand being held by the palm.
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
During the Director Training Jack Canfield did some exercises with us. I thought there were 3. My notes say "do hand exercise with team" and then later (like a page later) I have the how to of when we stretched our hand so it was the same as the other one and then brought it back to normal. I also have the one noted where we stood and turned to point, visualized something beyond that and pointed again.

Anyone know what that third one was? I just can not think!

Never mind. A director friend reminded me it was when telling something that was not true you can not hold up your arm against the force. Your arm is strong when you are telling the truth.

I did the the grow your hand at our last meeting. I used it as a tool to grow our teams with recruits. For those who need it the directions are: Find the line on the bottom of your hand where it bends, now find the one on the other hand. Slowly put them together keeping the lines together. You will notice on one hand your fingers are longer. Take this hand and hold it in front of you and say 8 times Grow longer, Grow longer ........Now put your lines together again and see what happens. Your fingers should be the same lenght. Now take the same hand and say 6 times Go back to normal, go back to normal........Reline your hands and they are back!

Now my question is on the arm raised, do you have them tense the arm as I have tried this several times and it does not work. What am I doing wrong. I did with my with the girls in my room that day, but for the life of me I can not do it again!

BTW I just received Jack Canfields' The success principles on CD! Love it !

darcy said:
I did the the grow your hand at our last meeting. I used it as a tool to grow our teams with recruits. For those who need it the directions are: Find the line on the bottom of your hand where it bends, now find the one on the other hand. Slowly put them together keeping the lines together. You will notice on one hand your fingers are longer. Take this hand and hold it in front of you and say 8 times Grow longer, Grow longer ........Now put your lines together again and see what happens. Your fingers should be the same lenght. Now take the same hand and say 6 times Go back to normal, go back to normal........Reline your hands and they are back!

Now my question is on the arm raised, do you have them tense the arm as I have tried this several times and it does not work. What am I doing wrong. I did with my with the girls in my room that day, but for the life of me I can not do it again!

BTW I just received Jack Canfields' The success principles on CD! Love it !

I did it with the girls in my room and my son after conference and again last night and it worked every time. I tell them to not let me push their arm down and I remind them that every time I am going to try to push it. It always works for me.

Jack's formula:

Event + Reaction = Outcome

has been really helping me stay more positive and helping with my self talk and realization of the blame we all do without even thinking about it. As the fall season starts and I go back to my job both will be at full tilt so I will really need to keep reviewing this.

Another great article was in Good Housekeeping's August issue. It was a woman who did a reminder of everytime she or anyone in the house said something in a complaining manner. The article was an eye opener!

baychef said:
Jack's formula:

Event + Reaction = Outcome

has been really helping me stay more positive and helping with my self talk and realization of the blame we all do without even thinking about it. As the fall season starts and I go back to my job both will be at full tilt so I will really need to keep reviewing this.

Another great article was in Good Housekeeping's August issue. It was a woman who did a reminder of everytime she or anyone in the house said something in a complaining manner. The article was an eye opener!

DH and I go on "OC" dates. We are not allowed to complain about anything on those dates. We leave it all at home - work issues, family issues, etc. It is refreshing to have those real dates, kind of like when a couple is just starting out.

OC = optimist club
When I was 7 months pregnant with my 5th we moved. Our banker invited my DH to join the local optimist club. When we moved away from there I met her again and asked why she hadn't also invited me. She said that I seemed a bit preoccupied and stressed (DUH! - moving my kids the farthest they had ever moved, new schools, new friends, new baby soon...). ANYWAY, we at one point later on we found ourselves complaining about things every time we went on a date and I said "Where is the guy that was invited to the OC?" Thus was born our OC dates.

Love it!!! My oldest brother complains non stop...unless there is a baby nearby then he melts. I came to realize that if I stopped visiting him on a regular basis, I was happier and was able to actually kind of like him. He is intelligent and I know he is in chronic pain and is medicated but it was really hard to like the man. He actually seems to semi (very semi) enjoy my visits.

Then when Jack Canfield mentioned to stay away from people like him...I honestly realized that as much as I want to be a family person, my brother was the person Jack was telling us to stay away from.

I do spend holidays with my family, but when the meal is done, you will find me in the next room reading a paper or magazine while he spews on and on. Soon, his sons who are in their early 20's will come in one by one saying..."Geez Dad, give it a rest. God I can't stand this." And they know I am there to listen and joke around with.

1. How do I remember the third exercise from Jack Canfield's Director Training?

To remember the third exercise from Jack Canfield's Director Training, it is important to first understand the purpose of the exercise. The third exercise is meant to help you identify your core values and align them with your goals. To remember the exercise, try writing down your top 5 core values and then identifying how those values align with your current goals. You can also create a visual representation, such as a vision board, to remind you of your core values and goals.

2. Why is it important to remember the third exercise from Jack Canfield's Director Training?

Remembering the third exercise from Jack Canfield's Director Training is important because it helps you stay focused and motivated towards your goals. By aligning your core values with your goals, you are more likely to achieve success and fulfillment. Additionally, the exercise can help you make decisions and take action that is in line with your values and goals.

3. What are some tips for remembering the third exercise from Jack Canfield's Director Training?

Some tips for remembering the third exercise from Jack Canfield's Director Training include writing down your core values and goals, creating a visual representation, and regularly reviewing and reflecting on them. You can also try incorporating your values into daily affirmations or setting reminders on your phone or calendar to keep them top of mind.

4. How often should I revisit the third exercise from Jack Canfield's Director Training?

It is recommended to revisit the third exercise from Jack Canfield's Director Training regularly, at least once a month. This allows you to assess any changes in your values or goals and make adjustments as needed. It is also helpful to revisit the exercise whenever you are feeling stuck or in need of motivation.

5. Can I modify the third exercise from Jack Canfield's Director Training to fit my own needs?

Yes, you can certainly modify the third exercise from Jack Canfield's Director Training to fit your own needs. The key is to stay true to the purpose of the exercise, which is to align your core values with your goals. You can tailor the exercise to include specific goals, values, or methods that resonate with you and your unique situation. The important thing is to regularly reflect on and align your values and goals to achieve success and fulfillment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbecky
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • PampMomof3
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
Replies