• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you ever recruited someone unexpectedly at a conference?

I
icerneaccorie
I need to share my recruitment story from conferance.

Like always when I come home from a conferance I'm so sleepy,so when I got to the airport I sat in the corner with my consultant and we were going to go over some notes from conferance, before I could even get out a notebook a girl leaned over and asked if I "Did that?" pointing to my new PC tote bag, I told her yes and she said "I want to do that" HOLY SMOKES!!! Could it get any easier?

I set up an appointment with her we chatted and she will be siging at the end of this week, we set up a catalog show and had a mini interview right there. I was so shocked but I put all the training I has just gotten from NC and stayed on track with the interview.

I guess the reason why I'm sharing is because it can happen anywhere, and to be ready, also to remember in large groups we can look intimidating to someone when we are in a large groups. When I talked to her again this morning I asked her why she "picked" me to talk to when there was so many consultants in the same area of the airport and her her answer was "you look at me and smiled and I felt comfortable that I could talke to you" that was it. That floored me.

Just wanted to share a story, I hope it helps.

AWESOME!!! :party:

What a great story. Once she signs, you should share this with HO. It is perfect for consultant news!

WOW!!! Sounds like when I signed! There are not many (like myself) that just want to do the business then and there! Congratulations!

Wahoo 4 u!!!

way to go Ida!

That's FANTASTIC! Congratulations!

yay!! Hope she signs!

Great story Ida! Congratulations!

I just talked with her again. She got her pack for her catalog show(which I'll turn into one of her starter shows) and she's so excited. We fill out the paperwork on Monday after she send her grandmother home.

That is AWESOME and so inspiring!!! It motivates me to talk to one of my kids' swim teachers. I've been thinking about bringing it up, especially when she told me she substitute teaches (she subbed for my son's class last year) and she's lots of fun and works great with the kids in their lessons. So, I'll see her again Tuesday and I'm GOING to ask her to consider it!!

Go Becky, Go Becky!
We have nothing to lose when we ask and possible tons to lose if we don't ask.

Man, you're good!! I put my IPod on and rocked out and read my book all the way home. I was a little done with people at that point!! LOL!! I have applied some of the things I've learned at conference though and booked another July party the day after I got back! ROCK ON! I also have 2 people signing this week and another considering!! Wa-HOO to all of us rocking it!

Chef Kearns said:
Man, you're good!! I put my IPod on and rocked out and read my book all the way home. I was a little done with people at that point!! LOL!! I have applied some of the things I've learned at conference though and booked another July party the day after I got back! ROCK ON! I also have 2 people signing this week and another considering!! Wa-HOO to all of us rocking it!

To be honest. I sat inthe back away from people too, but she started to talk to me and I went with it.
I have a catty show going with her right now she wants to use the kit credit and she has a friend who wants to start withher. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed but I hsouldhave aobut 4 new recruits by the end of the month, 2 mine and 2 for my Team leader. YIPEE!

Go Ida!! I would sign with you Too!! Your so approachable !! hey when is her Grand Opening Show ? before her kit comes in right or the day her kit is schedule to arrive... I heard a great tip at conference.. have her open her kit right at her grand opening show !!
You Go girl !!

P.S. if she doesn't live near you get that girl some hospitality ASAP !!!
where is she from ???

kitchendivakathy said:
P.S. if she doesn't live near you get that girl some hospitality ASAP !!!
where is she from ???

I already called HO about a hospitality but she has to have a consultant number first. I have a call set up with her every monday unitl the 8th, when she is having her son's party and will have her family with her. She wants to use the kit credit.

1. What happened at the conference that led to unexpected recruitment?

While waiting at the airport after the conference, a woman approached the scientist and asked about her PC tote bag. This led to a conversation and ultimately to the unexpected recruitment of the woman.

2. How did the scientist handle the unexpected recruitment?

The scientist set up an appointment with the woman, had a chat, and even conducted a mini interview on the spot. Despite being taken by surprise, the scientist stayed on track and utilized the training she had just received at the conference.

3. Why is the scientist sharing this story?

The scientist wants to highlight that unexpected recruitment can happen anywhere and it's important to always be prepared. Additionally, it's a reminder that in large groups, one can appear intimidating, so it's important to maintain a friendly demeanor.

4. How did the woman explain why she approached the scientist specifically?

When asked, the woman shared that the scientist had smiled at her and she felt comfortable talking to her, which ultimately led her to initiate the conversation.

5. What is the message the scientist hopes to convey through this story?

The scientist hopes to inspire others and show that recruitment can happen unexpectedly, even at a conference or in a large group. It's important to always be open and approachable, as one never knows who may be interested in joining their team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCJenni
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • jwpamp
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
baychef
  • finley1991